The Crossings at Bon Air

Reviews of The Crossings at Bon Air

Assisted Living Reviews for The Crossings at Bon Air

Independent Living Reviews for The Crossings at Bon Air

July 08, 2016

The Crossings at Bon Air has several different buildings for independent, assisted, and memory care. They had everything there. I looked at the one-bedroom and maybe I could fit into that because it was very large with its own kitche and a washer and dryer, but you bring in your own furniture. The entrance fee is not extravagant, but the rent for a two-bedroom is more than I can afford. The place was just built a few years ago, so everything was top notch. Some of the units have little balconies and allow pets. The staff was nice, answered all of my questions, and showed me around. They had a lot of trips which I'm interested in, physical therapy, and different classes.

February 10, 2015

By Caring101851950

I was very impressed with The Crossings at Bon Air. The only thing I didn't like about it is that it is very, very big. The building is very big, and it is several stories. However, their activities were a lot more varied. The people were more interested in informing you what the place was like. The dining room was fine. The menu gave you choices. They even had a 5 o'clock bar. They gathered for happy hour, and everybody was allowed one glass of wine. The place looked really good. The hallways were nice and wide. There were lot of paintings. The rooms were very nice. I would consider this place.

July 30, 2014

By Deborah32

The Crossings was a really nice facility, but they did not have a full kitchen. The staff was wonderful. The people were very good. They bent over backward. They support each other. I was very impressed with everyone that we met.

June 17, 2014

My mother moved to Crossings at Bon Air, and it's fantastic. The staff is excellent. They are very good. Her room has one bedroom, a living room, a huge bath, and a full kitchen. Their dining room is beautiful with tablecloths. They have different menus every day. They have two different entrées plus a standard menu for all their meals. They have every kind of activity you can imagine. They have bingo, bridge, and hand-and-foot. They have social activities. They have a pub there for everyone to meet in the evening before dinner and have a glass of wine. They have their own physical therapy and hairstylist right there in the building. They have a beautiful piano and two large-screen TVs in their lobby. It is beautiful.

June 28, 2012

By kfb2

For the most part, The Crossings at Bon Air has been a good experience. The staff truly cares about the residents. They are attentive and respond in a timely way to immediate concerns of the residents. The food is o.k., not fabulous. Our main complaint has been the lack of outings for the residents (though they are in independent living, most are not driving) and also activities in house that engage the residents from the perspective of feeling like they still make a difference and can give back to the community and be engaged with the community. Most of the activities at this time are more along the lines of games, outings to the grocery store, bank, library, etc., with an occasional nighttime outing. I believe the new activities director is working hard, but she needs more help and funding. Correspondence from the director of the facility has been less than satisfactory.

Costs for The Crossings at Bon Air

Photos of The Crossings at Bon Air

Services and Amenities of The Crossings at Bon Air

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: Yes

• Licenses: Virginia

About The Crossings at Bon Air

The Crossings was designed with your needs in mind. We offer a continuum of care; even if your needs change your address may not. Our bright and airy 1 and 2 bedroom apartments have plenty of space and we have washer/dryers and full kitchens in our Independent Living. Come enjoy our relaxing common areas, outdoor decks and gardens. We also feature a 24 hour call system for peace of mind.

Map of The Crossings at Bon Air