The Laurels of Charlottesville

Reviews of The Laurels of Charlottesville

Nursing Home Reviews for The Laurels of Charlottesville

October 29, 2013

By Bart12

Very bad experience, the laurels of Charlottesville no staff, no towels that I can wash my face, the food, terrible, staff always short and bad attitude.

December 11, 2012

By Linda S.

My 87-year-old mother recently spent a month at The Laurels for extended rehab following a hospital stay. I have to say I was impressed by the week-day staff. They were caring, efficient, and competent. I saw senior staff help residents participate in activities by telling and reminding residents about the day's activities and encouraging them to participate, helping to wheel those in wheel chairs to the activities, grabbing coats for residents attending outdoor events, and in general just doing whatever they could to engage residents and help keep them connected. The food was pretty good, and the dieticians and kitchen staff were flexible and willing to provide food the residents would eat, and more importantly, enjoy. The occupational and rehabilitation therapists were great. They pushed when they could, joked and cajoled when they needed to, and overall provided sound and beneficial rehabilitative services. My review of the weekend staff isn't quite as glowing, though. My mother waited until late morning or close to lunchtime to be dressed. She spent long days with limited engagement. The rehab services were just as great on the weekends as during the week, and the food services were fine. But the floor staff didn't measure up to the week-day staff. But overall we were very pleased with the facilities and the staff. And if I need a respite break, I would definitely consider placing my mother at The Laurels.

Services and Amenities of The Laurels of Charlottesville

About The Laurels of Charlottesville

The Laurels of Charlottesville is a senior living provider in Charlottesville, Virginia that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact The Laurels of Charlottesville for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Laurels of Charlottesville