Envoy of Alexandria

Reviews of Envoy of Alexandria

Nursing Home Reviews for Envoy of Alexandria

April 22, 2015

By jwkmach1

Was there for 30 days, you can do better. The CNAs were poorly educated all mostly from west africa, rude and borderline mean. At least I could fend for myself but others less mobile were being ignored, I had to wait for over 2 hours once after I hit my call bell for someone to come. Nurses would leave premises regularly in middle of the night, so there was no one available if an emergency.

April 11, 2015

By Catsarebest

Online research suggests most skilled nursing homes are given poor ratings by upset family members. Envoy has poor ratings too. However, after learning online what questions to ask while considing rehab, a tour and meeting the staff, we chose to go there. Our experience was good. My father came for rehab. physical therapy was great, food was decent but the nurses could have been nicer.

March 13, 2015

By amantheman

awesome place!!!!!, staff are nice and they seem as they care

March 05, 2015

By Disgusted and horrified

This placed should be razed to the ground, preferably with the staff still inside. Imagine seeing your loved one taken there in their final days, to be shoved off into a corner and ignored. You try to call the phone in their room, but you get no answer. You arrive in the morning to find them fallen out of bed, covered in bruises, no call button to be found. You then summon the staff, who appear to absoultely not care at all. You request an ambulance be called, but the staff refuse. Ultimately, you have to call the police to get your loved one taken back to the hospital. All this time, you are treated rudely, indifferently, and as if neither you nor the patient matter to them at all. I would rather be pushed out into a cold, snowy forest than be taken here. This place is a disgrace to hospices and nusrsing homes and should be sold for scrap.

August 29, 2014

By Apatient

I was discharged on August 19, 2014 from Fairfax Hospital and sent to Envoy, room 223 for rehab, short term. The lady sharing the room was a long term patient screaming not to be thrown in the trash. There was black slime on the radiator AC vents. One could see the springs of the bed's spring box as there was no mattress on the bed. When friends checked the facility, they were shown a clean, beautiful suite - what a farce! I was lucky - I called my son and asked him to take me out - they kept us STANDING until they found a liability release form for me to sign. Could not use the bathroom, even though I was right after chemo, as the food tray for the lady blocked the door to the bathroom. The nurses are loud and nasty - CARING is not a word in the vocabulary of these people!

December 01, 2013

By TriniaTatts

Stay Away From this Place!!! Please listen to me!!! I put my uncle in here in May 2013, my uncle couldn't talk, he had a treak in his throat. I would come see him 5-6 times a week. Family would see him a lot. Nursing home always had a sour smell. My uncle started to look like he was getting depress there. After being there for a few weeks, he stop breathing and was revived. Was at hospital for a month when it was time to be discharge from hospital and go back to Nursing Home, my uncle put up a fight. He finally told me what was going on. He said on more then one occasion at Envoy he would write and tell the staff he couldn't breath and they would tell him, don't worry you will be ok. That's what happen that night. I sent my uncle to anther Nursing Home and he pass away a couple of weeks later July 30, 2013.

October 05, 2013

By mom12

My mother was treated terribly in this place. She fell so many times, without having anyone to assist her. She was also dropped off in the hospital without me knowing of her whereabouts until an hour later. When the hospital were ready to discharge my mother under Envoy's care, no one from this facility answered the phone or were willing to take her back. I was told the next day that my mother was not welcomed in this facility because they were not as equipped to handle her...As a sick person!!!! My question is: What is their job then if they can't handle and elderly sick person?? This is a horrible, unprofessional place to take your loved ones to. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ENVOY.

July 11, 2012

By Primobabe

For the whopping self-paid fee of $295 per day, my parent was placed in a dismal, crowded room and barely received any care or attention. There are much better choices out there that charge significantly lower fees. If you truly love your loved one, look elsewhere.

September 13, 2011

By Goldie1

I saw a lot of things here that I liked. The home is very, very nice and is I thought the patient rooms I saw were decorated nicely...like a home. More to the point, the nurses here are so nice to everyone and went out of their way to help me take my blood sugar because I became dizzy and light headed while I was here. They just took control, took my sugar, and gave me some orange juice to bring my sugar back up to normal. They all just fawned over me, and to be frank, I enjoyed the kindness.

Services and Amenities of Envoy of Alexandria

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Envoy of Alexandria

Envoy of Alexandria is a senior living provider in Alexandria, Virginia that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Envoy of Alexandria for more details on services and rates.

Map of Envoy of Alexandria