Brookdale Nacogdoches

Reviews of Brookdale Nacogdoches

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Nacogdoches

December 06, 2014

By Edie S.

The staff at Clare Bridge of San Antonio is above exceptional. It's almost hard to explain in words what they mean to me and my family. My dad was a resident for over three years and they treated him like family. My dad suffered from dementia and was difficult at times but they always treated him with respect and were extremely patient. They worked very closely with us to make the best decisions for my dad and I couldn't be more grateful. While the entire staff is beyond wonderful - Lisa, Doug and Cynthia stick out as truly outstanding people that clearly love their jobs and it shows. Lisa & Cynthia made it possible for me to Skype with my dad and for him to "meet" his newborn granddaughter before he passed even though we were in another state. I will be forever thankful and grateful. If you are looking for a facility that cares...take the time to visit Clare Bridge San Antonio.

April 14, 2014

By Fred Pyles

Director and staff provide outstanding service to all residents.

October 25, 2013

By Carol Williams

This facility has been exceptional... Not only is the staff caring and friendly, the food is great and the activities keep them busy all day. I am so glad I found such a wonderful place for Mom. I have been there at all hours of the day and have always had a positive experience. Thank you for taking such good care of Mom..

October 01, 2013

By The Stojanik Family

We just moved our mother/mother-in-law to this facility and couldn't be happier. (She has been there for 2 months now) The warmth and care your staff provides her is truly a blessing to our family. She loves all the activities provided throughout the day/everyday and absolutely loves your food. The facility is very clean and well maintained. We have nothing but high praise for this facility and it's staff.
See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Questions about Brookdale Nacogdoches

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Brookdale provides on going monthly required training for all of our associates.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have a wonderful program which allows us to match our staffing to our current resident needs; along with a standard “safety staffing number”.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Nacogdoches offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Brookdale utilizes the Daily Path a structured activity program that is routinely followed that allows a variety of activities in different levels of ability. We help with long term memories by engaging the family and learning as much as we can about the resident through tools like the Life Story form and family gatherings we have at the community.

Our LVN will do an assessment every 6 months unless there is a change in condition.

What techniques does Brookdale Nacogdoches use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We serve in courses and offer a variety of meal types to meet that person on their journey. We also have hand over hand assist and meal encouragement.

How does Brookdale Nacogdoches keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Continuous open lines of communication with associates and families.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Nacogdoches. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located off Nacogdoches between Judson and O’Conner in a residential and business community.

Is Brookdale Nacogdoches affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We will use the families hospital of choice.

Photos of Brookdale Nacogdoches

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Nacogdoches

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

About Brookdale Nacogdoches

At Brookdale Nacogdoches we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Nacogdoches are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Nacogdoches