Sunrise of Cinco Ranch

Reviews of Sunrise of Cinco Ranch

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Cinco Ranch

July 28, 2015

By Lisa110598550

The gentleman was nice enough to show me around, but Sunrise of Cinco Ranch just didn't seem homey. It seemed more nursing home, and I know this is kind of a little thing, but there were certainly some residents walking around, and he didn't address anyone by name. The others, they knew the names of the people when they would see them in the hallway and would address them by name, and he didn't, which made me think that maybe he didn't know his residents as well. The lobby was homey enough, but when we started going down the hallways and passing the rooms, there was just a different feel about it. It just reminded me more of a nursing home.

March 30, 2015

By Barbara103881250

What made Sunrise of Cinco Ranch stand out from every other place that I looked at was the level of care of all the caregivers, how respectful, how loving, and how committed they were to making everybody's life better: the cleanliness; the facility itself was very homey, welcoming, and comforting; the way they treat the residents; the type of activities that they get them involved in; and the whole level of care. Every single one of them is very caring and loving and seems to be very happy to be working there. My mother has been there now for two months. She does not share a room, but there are people that would share a suite. They each have their own bedroom, they share a bathroom, and they have a common area. They also have different sized rooms and different suites, and the cost will vary based on the actual room that they're in. They had started a support group for families of the residents and provide guidance to us on how we can deal with our family members that are living there as they struggle in their elder years, which is something that I really appreciate.

February 22, 2015

I liked the Sunrise of Cinco Ranch, but we needed something closer because of my brother. I may have fought for that one a little bit because I did like it; it just seemed very bright, happy, and sunny. I liked the atmosphere, and I liked the way it made me feel. We were there, and they had a cooking activity going on at that time.

January 09, 2015

We went and looked at the Sunrise. It was more than we could afford, but it was a wonderful place. I liked the woman who showed it to us, and I liked everything that we saw there. I thought they really stress people on being independent to keep people functional and going.

October 17, 2014

By Cheryl48

I like Sunrise of Cinco Ranch and that was a really nice place. I met the marketing director, and I love her. She is very professional and informative. The rooms are very updated, but they seemed a little smaller. The whole place is very vice, but more expensive.

May 29, 2014

The staff at Sunrise of Cinco Ranch was incredible. They were very nice. I did tend to get a little emotional, and they were very nice about that. My husband has early onset Alzheimer's, so for me to see people in their 80s and 90s who have the same symptoms as my husband, who is 58, hurts, but they were very understanding about that. Sunrise of Cinco Ranch was a wonderful place. I wouldn't mind living there myself. It was so beautiful. It didn't smell antiseptic. It didn't have the smell that would tell you that people were not being cared for. The director knew each one of the people by name, and that means a lot to me. Also, they have classes for the families to know how to handle loved ones with this condition, i.e., accept a new reality.

March 27, 2014

Sunrise of Cinco Ranch was very clean and neat, but the rooms actually looked a little cluttered to me, and they were very, very small.

January 31, 2014

Sunrise of Cinco Ranch was a nice facility. I had a good visit there. The ambience was very nice and upscale. It was very expensive-looking. It was very clean and smelled good too. Their rooms were very nice. Their staff was very good. It was a really nice facility for seniors. They did have a lot of activities for their residents. This place is highly recommendable for rich people.

January 09, 2014

By Winebibbler

My mother-in-law is in this facility and she needs 24 hour care, has dementia, alzheimers, doesn't walk and is incontinent. She is being taken care of by the most kindly and caring staff I have seen anywhere. There is never a harsh word spoken even though my mother-in-law has a history of being very nasty. The residents who live there are all treated with dignity and love. I don't think you could find a better care facility. The prices keep going up though and care can cost over $10,000 per month. We will try to keep her there as long as we can.

October 21, 2013

By Christine20

Sunrise is beautiful and it's like a country club out in the woods. My boss' mom is in memory care so they haven't really taken her out much but they have activities all the time for the people. That's one reason why my boss picked it. I would like to see their food service a little faster though. The nurses are very nice and they treat each person like their own mother.

September 13, 2013

By Luell

I visited Sunrise because I wanted to be as near to daughter as I could be and this facility was close to her. My visit there was fine. Their apartments were beautiful and excellent. However, this is a very expensive facility.

November 20, 2011

By navtex

Very attractive place to live. Wonderful, caring staff and activity programs. My mother particularly enjoyed the daily exercise program in the morning. Enjoyed their use of cats, and a very social dog to entertain residents. We had some minor problems with medications being provided as ordered and in a timely manner. Also, the price almost doubled after 8 months. And it rises often with each new med or level of assistance. $8,000 to $10,000 per month is not unusual for a one bedroom with assistance for bathing and dressing.

July 27, 2011

By K_Nechelle

This facility is very nice and the seniors there really seem to love calling this facility home. The caregivers seem very nice and compassionate about their work. No matter what position the people are in working in they do it with a smile and speak so kindly to all of the residents. It really is a very home-like vibe. The location is very tucked off from highways, so it is very peaceful, too. There isn't anything bad at all that I can think about this facility. I hope many people can go and live there and enjoy the family-feel and the love all around.

Questions about Sunrise of Cinco Ranch

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All care and Management staff must attend Sunrise University, which includes training on Reminiscence: A Journey of Discovery, The Aging Process, and Validation Therapy Training.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Cinco Ranch. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is 75 years old. Favorite activities include Exercise, Choir, Bridge Club, Bible Study, Shopping Outings, and Movie Night.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Cinco Ranch offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Mind, Body, and Spirit programming including Meditation three times per week, daily exercise, weekly reflection activities for various religious denominations.

What places are near Sunrise of Cinco Ranch or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

La Centerra, Cinco Lakes, YMCA , Katy Mills Mall, and Mary Jo Peckham Park.

What transportation services does Sunrise of Cinco Ranch offer to assisted living residents?

Town car and wheelchair-accessible van.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise of Cinco Ranch exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Delicious meals freshly made by culinary chefs daily. Gourmet selections of classic and regional favorites and flavors from around the world. Multiple menu options daily. Seven available options for modified diets.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Cinco Ranch offer to assisted living residents?

24 hour care team, 18 hours per day nurse on duty, 24 hour RN on Call, emergency call system in all bedrooms, living rooms, and restroom. Pendant call system available.

How does Sunrise of Cinco Ranch keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Through monthly calls, letters home, and e-mails; direct contact from program coordinator, wellness team, and designated care managers; and distribution of the monthly "Happenings" newsletter.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sunrise of Cinco Ranch during daytime and nighttime hours?

Variable staffing in accordance with resident care needs on all shifts.

If Sunrise of Cinco Ranch accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

One of Sunrise signature's are Pets. Our community is pet friendly with fenced yard space and a walking trail around our community .

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

The entire Management and care team have monthly scheduled education modules.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

In the Daytime, there is one Life Enrichment Manager, one program coordinator, one medication manager, and anywhere from 4-6 designated care managers (staffing is variable due to resident care needs). Overnight there is one medication manager, one nurse, and three designated care managers available. There is also one RN on call 24 hours per day.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Cinco Ranch provide to protect residents who wander?

Reminiscence, is a secured Memory care program with safe outside area for outdoor enjoyment. fully staffed 24 hours a day

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Cinco Ranch offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We offer Live With Generosity programming with the surrounding community; Live With MOMA (Museum of Modern Art) to influence resident creativity and interpretation of Art; Live With Anticipation to focus on the individual resident story and unique characteristics, and SingFit for Music Therapy. Staff engages residents' long-term memories through Live With Anticipation and various Reminiscing cues and prompts.

Resident Care Director (RN) and program coordinator provide full geriatric assessment, which is approximately one hour thirty minutes in duration, and is conducted before move-in and on arrival day. In addition, wellness visits are done every month. Every six months, additional assessments are completed.

What techniques does Sunrise of Cinco Ranch use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

There are modified diets offered, per physician orders. Yellow fiesta china is also utilized for appetite enhancement, as well as visual, immediate gratification menu choices.

How does Sunrise of Cinco Ranch keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Sunrise of Cinco Ranch. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Sunrise of Cinco Ranch is located in the residential master planned community of Cinco Ranch, and it is surrounded by various shopping centers, restaurants, parks, and recreation centers.

Is Sunrise of Cinco Ranch affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Katy Memorial Hermann, Methodist West, and Methodist LTAC are all within a ten mile radius of our community.

Photos of Sunrise of Cinco Ranch

Services and Amenities of Sunrise of Cinco Ranch

About Sunrise of Cinco Ranch

Step into the senior living community of Sunrise of Cinco Ranch in Katy, Texas, and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture and comfortable community areas, to our choice of suites, exceptional outdoor gardens, and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent at this assisted living community is a welcome one.

Sunrise of Cinco Ranch is built upon a commitment to our residents and their families. We believe no two people are alike, so the senior living services and attention we provide should never be exactly the same. That's also why we offer a variety of lifestyle, service and care options. By providing these choices, we not only offer solutions for today, we provide the security of knowing that there are options for tomorrow.

In addition to offering senior housing in Texas, Sunrise of Cinco Ranch also boasts Alzheimer's care, assisted living, respite care, and short-term care.

Map of Sunrise of Cinco Ranch