Columbia Cottage Hershey

Reviews of Columbia Cottage Hershey

Assisted Living Reviews for Columbia Cottage Hershey

January 09, 2014

By Linda732

Our mother’s last 2 ½ years were so much better because of each and every one of the staff, from housekeeping, to food services, to all involved with her medicines and medical needs. We are proud to sing the praises of Columbia Cottage to everyone we know. Up until the last few months, mom loved to crochet. I hope you will find pleasure in some of her handy work. We will miss our visits to Columbia Cottage. Thanks to all of you, we had mom 2 ½ years longer than we expected to. A sincere thanks from our family.

June 20, 2012

By special girl

The first thing you'd probably notice about the place was that it was decorated with a country feel. It did not have a nursing home feel to it. There was carpet, not linoleum. They even had rocking chairs on the porch. That was a nice touch. There weren't people in wheelchairs sitting in the hallways moaning and talking to themselves like in a nursing home. Mealtime was served in a dining room, not in their rooms. They had assistants who would come to her room every night to make sure that she took her pills and to help her with anything that she needed. They also did their laundry for them. That was probably the only complaint. There were times when they didn't return some of her items or returned something to her that wasn't hers. Around holidays (even Valentines Day) they had family parties. The residents could invite family members. It always made my grandma so happy when we came to those functions. It was sad to see the people though who didn't have family members show up. I believe they also had activities for the residents although I don't believe my grandma ever participated in those. My grandma always said the food was pretty good there. The food we ate at the parties was pretty good too. It's in a good location, easy to get to, and not in a noisy area. My family felt very comfortable having my grandma there.

September 30, 2011

By Ella1

They make it their home, with very comfortable sitting areas and a good staff. Plenty of activities for residents and different events they host.

Services and Amenities of Columbia Cottage Hershey

About Columbia Cottage Hershey

Columbia Cottage Hershey is a senior living provider in Palmyra, Pennsylvania that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Columbia Cottage Hershey for more details on services and rates.

Map of Columbia Cottage Hershey