Concordia At Rebecca Residence

Reviews of Concordia At Rebecca Residence

Assisted Living Reviews for Concordia At Rebecca Residence

May 10, 2016

By RodNWVGR

My dad was first in the skilled nursing unit at Concordia at Rebecca Residence, then moved into personal care about a week ago. Everybody seems to be professional and very kind. The place is well maintained, clean, and light. My dad is mixed up a little bit at times as to why he is there, but the people have been very patient with him. The food is good. He is not wild about the rehab services on the skilled nursing side, but they seem to be different in the personal care side, so he is happier with that. We got him a suite so that Mom can move in with him to be together. He is 93½ and mom is going to be 90 in a couple of months. Having them back together is good because she is having difficulty on her own. We are hopeful that this works well and have great confidence in the staff. They have activities like movie nights, crafts, music, movement, and yoga. I am hopeful that both of my parents will take full advantage of the activities. My dad seems to be happy with the food, and it is easy to go to the cafeteria for his meals. The place is really good.

January 13, 2015

Concordia at Rebecca Residence is the place that I have chosen for my mother. She has been here for two months now. The room is very suitable for the circumstances. I think the staff is very confident and very understanding. The food seems fine. They do exercises and bring musical groups in. They have a number of things for activities.

June 29, 2011

By Upon66

My grandfather stayed here a few times over the years and I visited it many times and found the facility to have friendly staff with an alright atmosphere. I felt that there wasn't a lot for him to do while he was there, which I guess is why they allow residents to bring in their own furniture. While you can bring in your own furniture, there isn't a lot of room for you to put it in there. The facility felt more like a hospital than an assisted living facility. The floors were very hard in the rooms and the rooms were often very cold. Despite it's downsides, it's country-like setting and friendly staff always seemed to be on the ball when it came to his health. I wouldn't say this looks/feels like the most comfortable assisted living facility, but still have to rate the staff very well.

Nursing Home Reviews for Concordia At Rebecca Residence

November 12, 2017

By we4kings

My father-in-law was a patient here and it was terrible. The grounds are beautiful & it is relatively clean, but the nursing care is awful. Call bells are continuously going off and are ignored. My father-in-law sat in soiled diapers for hours. There is not enough staff to take care of the needs of the patients. Pain meds we’re not given on time (and he was dying of end stage prostate cancer). Don’t bother contacting with Good Samaritan Hospice to provide service here to your loved one. All they do is drop off a hospice medication kit and expect the already overworked Concordia nursing staff to administer the meds. Even at the very end stages of dying, the hospice personnel did not show up. We made numerous phone calls. Unfortunately our loved one died a much more painful death than was promised.

March 03, 2017

By Sal020833

My mom is in Rebecca Residence right now. It is clean, friendly, and well run. The people are nice, very cooperative, and very knowledgeable as they have been doing this for a long while. It doesn’t smell like a senior citizens’ place, and my mother likes it. She likes the food and seems to think that it is pretty good. They have activities constantly, like bingo, prayer group, cards, parties, and different get-togethers.

April 15, 2016

By concerned246

The staff, particularly their aides, do not seem to understand the true nature of what "care" is supposed to mean . i was there watching an aide just brush by a resident ignoring them completely and stated, "it my lunch time", meanwhile i had been visiting a relative and had been their from 4 to about 8:23 and that resident had still been ignored and not fed. When i inquired with the nurses on the unit, i only heard that, "oh that person is new" What is that supposed to mean? How is that showing consideration for what that family is paying for care? It makes me want to take my relative out of there and call the state and file a formal complaint.

February 15, 2016

By multiple SNF user

My relative went thru rehab here after a fall. And did improve in rehab. My relative fell at this place twice. Some of the rehab staff were whiners and complainers. "I came to get so and so for rehab and the patient was cranky". This place will leave patients who need supervision out in the hallways for hours, so staff going in and out of rooms can somehow keep an eye on the patient. I have seen this at other facilities as well. The health aids were fairly young and inexperienced but came to the patient's room when asked. There seemed to be enough aids on a shift. Nurses who dispensed meds seemed few . Patient room set up was better than is found at many comparable facilities. And the facility is clean. But there is no visitor cafeteria, but there are community dining spaces for the patients. who are simply delivered meal trays. Social Services is no resource, is at times hostile, and is bad compared to other facilities.. There was nothing offered by Social Services to solve any transition to home problems. At care meetings, I didn't learn much about patient status or care. If I had a do over I would not attend them! I would place my relative there again, but would certainly sidestep some departments!

December 27, 2015

By Gretchen1954

My mother was a patient here after falling and breaking a hip. The facility is beautiful but thats as far as it goes....the staff is horendous. The nursing staff seemed overworked and mean.There was one nurse in particular that was probably one of the rudest people I have ever met in my life. Her name was Dawn. She was condesending and down right rude to my mother and our family. The therapy department was mediocre. There seems to be terrible communication between departments and the food left alot to be desired. I would not recommend this facility. I wouldn't place my worse enemy there.

March 19, 2015

By daughterRA

My mother was a resident for a couple months and I was not at all happy with her care. I was surprised by the lack of attention and help she received. I would never recommend Concordia of Rebecca for elderly care and especially not the skilled nursing section.

October 31, 2014

Concordia is a really nice, beautiful, and clean place. I don’t really see much of the staff -- such a big place -- but it seems OK. The room has a bed, a closet, a bathroom, TV, and it has a window seat. The staff doesn’t come in that often. I only know one or two of the staff. There was never anything going on. I just know they bring a tray, and I see the food that she has on her tray, it looks good. There are a lot of grounds. The staff needs to be more accessible, I don’t know if they have enough staff for all the people.

June 26, 2014

By NB724

My grandmother was a resident of this facility she has received the best care I could ever imagine. I am especially impressed with a nurse named Rebecca she has gone out of her way on numerous occasions for my grandmother and all of our family members. All of the staff is extremely efficient and professional. My grandmother made extraordinary progress and is now living on her own again. I would highly recommend Rebecca Residence!

April 11, 2014

By Lj7171

My mother has been living at the Concordia At Rebecca Residence and I have been very unhappy with the care from the nurses,particularly a nurse named rebecca coincidentally enough. She seems to be in her early 20's and has no awareness of her priorities or duties iand has absolutely no common sense. I hope they examine the quality of their staff and rehire ! Very unsatisfied! This is my mothers last years of her life and I want her to be in the care of competent nurses with experience !

January 31, 2014

I already have my mom in a facility. She's at Concordia at Rebecca Residence for skilled nursing. She moved there in October. The staff is okay. The rooms are nice. My mom got better there. She got stronger and she's walking now.

July 23, 2012

By KFanning

My grandmother was very happy at this home. The room was well furnished. She praised the nursing staff anytime we asked her about it. The outside area was very beautiful, including a large pond and fountain with a wheelchair accessible swing and viewing area. There was also a nice gazebo to relax in. The other residents were mostly pretty far gone, and couldn't communicate well. However, the home realized this and put my grandmother with another nice lady who was not. My grandmother also did physical therapy there for her leg. They seemed to go at a pace that was conducive to getting better, and not pushing people too hard. My dad like it so much he said he would have no problem being there when he got old! He is a fan of ponds.

June 28, 2012

By Boomer1

We visited this facility for our uncle and aunt. However, it seems superior than the others so we decided to place our loved one her as well. It's a very beautiful here. The staff was really caring and affectionate. I'm very pleased with them. However, they should communicate more with the significant others of their residents when something happens or changes. For instance, they should call if accidents happened or there's a change in medication. Despite of this, I will still recommend them to others.

June 09, 2011

By JudyMills

Visited this facility

Concordia at Rebecca Residence is located on the countryside of Allison Park, PA. This center is wonderful when it comes to the location. It sets up on a hilltop and is very private. The center is elegant, kept clean, and neat. This facility is a perfect fit for someone who needs a bit more therapy after being in the hospital. They also offer many other services from assisted to skilled living. The staff is trained to take care of the special needs of heart, skin and wounds, orthopedic, diabetic management and other various diseases. They even offer Wi-Fi service in a patient's room. You can see many activities going on daily to keep residents growing and learning. The activities are wonderful to make sure you can keep the memory skills growing. Take a look at Rebecca Residence and see what you think. I give them an excellent rating for the outstanding services they provide.

Services and Amenities of Concordia At Rebecca Residence

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance
  • Meal Preparation

About Concordia At Rebecca Residence

Concordia At Rebecca Residence is a senior living provider in Allison Park, Pennsylvania that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Concordia At Rebecca Residence for more details on services and rates.

Map of Concordia At Rebecca Residence