Homewood Heights Assisted Living Community

Reviews of Homewood Heights Assisted Living Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Homewood Heights Assisted Living Community

September 29, 2014

By Harold19

My parents moved into Homewood Heights about a month ago. I like the place. It was smaller than average -- only about 44 rooms. My mom and dad really appreciated that. They seemed to be liking their apartment pretty well. We had a little bit of trouble moving in because the lady who was supposed to vacate the apartment didn’t move out. Overall, they are in an apartment that like now, and they are pretty satisfied. I think their activities are okay for people their age. The only thing that I don’t think they do enough is that they only take their buses out shopping one day a week instead of two, and I think they need to do that two days a week. The staff are pretty good. As far as the surroundings, that is one of the reasons why mom chose it. They have lots of trees and grass.

April 26, 2014

I liked Homewood very much. The building was nice. The rooms were very nice. They had a one-bedroom and two-bedrooms. The food was very good. The people who were there seemed happy and friendly. I think it was within my budget, and I was seriously considering it.

June 07, 2013

By James33

My mom seemed to be happy in Homewood Heights. My brother is near her so he can check on her at anytime. I visited the place and saw that it was real nice, beautiful, well-maintained and quiet. It had a cafeteria and a nice, little visiting area for the family.

July 18, 2011

By FoulaM0

This beautiful facility at Homewoods has a wonderful outdoor seating area where residents can enjoy a view of the boats and water sports on the river. The food in the dining room is delicious, and if someone needs a smaller/ larger portion or substitute orders the chef has no problem with it. The exercise room is popular as well as the activities scheduled every day.There is scheduled transportation to medical appointments, shopping and trips to museums and fairs.Residents that want to garden have custom made raised beds available for their use. Pets are allowed and encouraged with a beautiful dog walking area set aside just for the pooches comfort and safety.The health center is on the same property for short or longer stays in the event of a health crisis or a higher level of care becomes necessary.At Homewoods on the Willamette they have everything anyone would need for comfortable truly golden years.

Questions about Homewood Heights Assisted Living Community

What programs or activities does Homewood Heights Assisted Living Community offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have a Wellness program where we offer a personal trainer to work with the residents on their body and mind through a wealth of exercise and mind challenging programs.

What places are near Homewood Heights Assisted Living Community or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are blocks away from the Willamette River

What transportation services does Homewood Heights Assisted Living Community offer to assisted living residents?

We offer weekly transportation to medical appointments, weekly trips to Fred Meyer and outings and scenic drives throughout the month

What makes the chef or dining program at Homewood Heights Assisted Living Community exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chef has been with us for 20 plus years and makes a large bulk of her menu items from scratch! We hold monthly food meetings for our residents and our chef goes around to each table to get instant feedback during the daily meals

What safety features or security measures does Homewood Heights Assisted Living Community offer to assisted living residents?

We have alert pendants (a lot like life alert) that residents can use to call on the nurse and staff 24 hours a day. This along with pull cords in each room lends to a feeling of wellbeing and safety

If Homewood Heights Assisted Living Community accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly and we have a courtyard and walking trail that goes around our campus.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly in-service training as well as continued education (CNA classes, Medication certification) when needed/wanted

What safety features or security measures does Homewood Heights Assisted Living Community provide to protect residents who wander?

We lock the doors at 8 PM but do not have an entry lock keypad for entry and exit. Visitors can get in by picking up a phone on the wall (after 8 PM) and staff will let them in and out

Costs for Homewood Heights Assisted Living Community

• Staff Patient Ratio: 44 To 3

• Licenses: Oregon
  • State Licenses: Oregon

About Homewood Heights Assisted Living Community

Homewood Heights Assisted Living offers seniors and their families a range of senior living and care services from our inviting community.

Living at Homewood Heights Assisted Living gives you the freedom to enjoy the activities you love most without worrying about the hassle of household responsibilities. From our restaurant-style dining services that offer an ever-changing menu of new and familiar meals, to a full calendar of events and activities that let you choose your desired level of activity, you're in control of selecting the care and services that are right for you.

We are in a lovely setting with trees, shrubs and overlooking the Willamette River. Barrier free walking paths throughout campus.

Map of Homewood Heights Assisted Living Community