Troy Care and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Troy Care and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Troy Care and Rehabilitation Center

July 23, 2012

By DaughterInLaw206

During the time my mother-in-law was in the Rehab portion (assisted living portion) of this facility, it was quite good. She had a nice furnished private room, including a television with cable & daily newspaper, and the staff seemed quite responsive to her needs. They provided her meals and rehabilitation for problems she was having walking. We did her laundry and visited almost daily. She seemed quite content there. They had daily activities going on in the activities room and she was able to go down there to play Bingo and do crafts with other residents. They also had musical guests come in and had other performers visit. They also provided church services. They also had a house cat named "Tigger" who roamed the facility and visited her often. This always made her happy. The food was average for a facility, and she seemed to always be able to find something that she liked to eat. There seemed to be a vast difference between this portion of the facility and the nursing home, which is why I rated the facility a "3". I would have probably rated just the Rehab portion a "4" but the nursing home would have only gotten a "2". They were very understaffed and we had to be there almost around the clock to give her the care she needed.

October 13, 2008

By Dale-1

My grandparents spent years in a home before dying so, unfortunately, I am familiar with nursing homes and how they operate. That said, I was appalled at the lack of bedside manner at this facility. Within the same visit to my husband's grandparents' room, I overheard a nurse across the hall tell her patient that "(he) had just taken the biggest crap of his life, there was no way he had to go again!" and that "this is where you come to either get better or die". NEITHER COMMENTS SEEMED APPROPRIATE TO ME. The nurses who came in to our room to feed our grandparents during our visit were not at all friendly and seemed annoyed and inconvenienced by their jobs. Furthermore, there were no patient charts anywhere to be found in the room to show that the patients were being regularly checked and attended to. The bottle into which Grandpa had to urinate was placed by the nurse on the same table on which he was served his meal -- and neither the bottle nor the roll of toilet paper next to it were removed once his meal was left there. The meal itself was horrific. It was supposed to be turkey pot pie but I saw maybe 2 chunks of what was supposed to be turkey on top of a biscuit, then a mound of frozen peas and carrots beside it. A 4-ounce carton of milk and some coffee were the only beverages provide. No water was given -- which one would think would be important to flushing out the patients' systems with all the drugs they are given. I would never put a loved one in this facility simply because the staff would sink them into depression if their actual physical conditions didn't.

About Troy Care and Rehabilitation Center

Troy Care and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Troy, Ohio that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Troy Care and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Troy Care and Rehabilitation Center