Parma Care Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Parma Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Parma Care Center

September 29, 2011

By MS2005

I visited this facility when my mother was in need of a nursing home. She'd been in the hospital for over a month and needed a place to receive physical therapy, as well as a place that could accommodate her respiratory needs. She needed access to a CPAP, and had a trach in her throat. I was impressed at first, but eventually became concerned about the care she was receiving. Staff was friendly, and I could visit her whenever I wanted. I noticed there were problems with them holding back items I gave her or things would go missing. Eventually, they also began to modify her diet, and she was put on a 1500 calorie diet, which doctors said would help her lose weight, but left her listless and no longer was she the vibrant and active person I was used to. When more time passed she complained to me that she felt demeaned and that she didn't like being there. She felt the staff were against her. I brushed her complaints off as we'd had problems with other facilities, and I just thought that she was complaining without cause. Sadly, my refusal to take her serious may have contributed to her eventual death while at their facility. The day of her death, staff allowed her to clean her trach by herself, as she'd been trained to do so. Something went wrong, and she began to bleed into her lungs from a cut in her trach, where she'd been cleaning it. Staff refused to take her discomfort and concern seriously, and allowed her to bleed for 8 hours into her lungs. When 911 was called, it was simply too late. I would not recommend this nursing home as I feel there must be better choices available for families and patients out there.

Services and Amenities of Parma Care Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• State Licenses: 0985N

About Parma Care Center

Parma Care Center is a senior living provider in Parma, Ohio that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Parma Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Parma Care Center