Mansfield Place Mansfield, OH

Reviews of Mansfield Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Mansfield Place

November 25, 2015

By Anonymous116020650

Brookdale Mansfield (formerly Sterling House of Mansfield) wasn't in a convenient location, but it was a nice facility. It was very comparable to the other Brookdale facilities, but it's too big and not easily accessible for me to get to. They had exercise rooms and served all three meals. I liked the staff. They were very personable and answered any questions that I had. They were very nice and helpful.

November 04, 2015

By anonymous115511250

I toured Brookdale and thought it had declined significantly since I'd last seen it. It smelled of urine and feces, the residents in wheelchairs were lined up against a wall, and I saw very few interactions between staff and the residents sitting out in the living room area. I would never put my parents there. No one even greeted us when we walked in.

We apologize that your tour of Brookdale Mansfield did not meet all of your expectations. Please be assured our staff is continuously committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident and we will share your feedback with our management team.

June 23, 2015

I like that Brookdale Mansfield (Formerly Sterling House of Mansfield) had a nurse on-staff. I also like the setting of the apartment buildings and the individual rooms. The staff was pleasant. They had a little patio where you could take little walks, and they did have some type of outings.

September 23, 2014

We were quite familiar with Sterling House of Mansfield. My mother-in-law was there and I also knew several people in the facility. It's very nice and clean. The staff were very friendly and always attentive to the visitors and to the residents. We have eaten there a couple of times and the food is good. It’s always lovely to visit in the sun room where we sometimes take a little snack and we eat there and visit with our friends.

June 26, 2014

By Kathleen27

The rooms at Sterling House of Mansfield seem very nice, but they are definitely not handicapped accessible, not for people in wheelchairs. Even if my dad could have afforded it, he couldn’t have moved in there because he could not maneuver in the bathrooms. It's a very nice place, but for people who are in a wheelchair, I would never recommend this facility.

April 11, 2014

By Mary Alice2

Sterling House of Mansfield was one of the facilities I've toured, and this place is very nice and the price is right. The staff are very friendly and organized. The food is good. All in all, I thought it's excellent. They have a nurse on call all the time. They also do your laundry and they do it very well. The place that I saw that I would live in is very clean and very adequate.

March 21, 2014

By lilacs

this is based on a visit only. the rooms are somewhat small but adequate for someone whose meals, recreation, etc. are taken care of out sided the room. I liked the way it is laid out around an open courtyard. This way the clients can get exercise and fresh air without leaving the building area. Another plus is the small sitting areas along the halls. A resident can break up his/her walk with an easy resting place. The cost schedule is less clear than some establishments. base costs are clear but not extra care costs. I did wonder if there is enough staff, but couldn't tell from the visit. The staff we met were friendly and knowledgeable.

July 31, 2013

By Regine1

My stepmom has Alzheimer's and she is at Sterling House at Mansfield. The facility is fairly nice and plain. The lady who works with us to get her in there is very helpful. The room is pretty small, but is has a little living room, a sink, a small refrigerator and a microwave.

April 30, 2013

By Barbara27

The rooms at Sterling House seemed fine and their staff seemed nice. The real problem was my mother was under the impression that the prices of these facilities were all bad. We have to deal with the financing and sell our property if we were to put her in there. But we've decided not to put mom in any facility right now.

May 18, 2012

By csever10

Initially, when my grandmother moved into this facility it was ran very professionally and delivered superior care. After a few years, ownership and management changed several times. In the past few years the new resident's care needs exceeded the staff's abilities. Originally, residents were required to be able to walk to dinner on their own or with the help of one staff members. New residents, now routinely require additional staff help, which has spread the staff very thin. Select staff members were very helpful and dedicated, but the current staff did not meet the needs of the residents. This is not the staff's fault,as sterling house opened as an assisted living facility and not a nursing home. The newer management has contributed to moving away from what the facility was designed, causing unsatisfactory care for the residents.

Costs for Mansfield Place

• Pets: Yes

• Personal Care Assistants

• Licenses: Ohio/ Assisted Living

About Mansfield Place

Mansfield Place has been providing quality, individualized care for many years. Our pet friendly community was designed especially for those with limited mobility, so independence can be maintained considerably longer. We offer our residents the opportunity to thrive in mind and body by developing individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident. With a full-time licensed nurse available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. Our attentive staff strives to ensure each resident's independence by offering engaging and fun activities like Rummy 500, Corn Hole Toss, and Cooking Club. Beyond our standard activities, residents suggest excursions based on individual interests and life experiences. We encourage these contributions to enhance the meaningful life we feel you and your loved one deserves.

Map of Mansfield Place