The vibrant city of Las Vegas, Nevada, has a population of about 650,000 and 11.4% of residents are over the age of 65. Seniors in Las Vegas have access to a number of medical facilities, such as Valley Hospital Medical Center and St. Rose Dominican Hospital, which has multiple campuses around the city.

Nursing homes provide skilled care and assistance for seniors who require constant help due to a disability or chronic illness. Nursing homes typically have licensed nursing staff and caregivers available 24/7. Due to the high staff-to-resident ratio in these facilities, this type of senior care is typically more expensive than other options. According to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020, a semiprivate room in a Las Vegas nursing home costs an average of $9,155 per month and a private room costs $10,524 per month. Seniors who don’t require such a high level of care may want to look at assisted living or home health care options.

This guide looks at senior resources and costs of senior living options in Las Vegas.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Las Vegas, NV

Gaye Haven ICF

1813 Betty Lane , Las Vegas, NV, 89115

My experience with Gaye Haven is great. My family member is doing real well there. It’s wonderful. I visit all the time, and she is OK. They’re real good. It’s a very small facility, but it’s nice.

Welbrook Centennial Hills, Llc

6650 Grand Montecito Parkway, Las Vegas, NV, 89149

My husband was in Welbrook Centennial Hills. I liked it. It was really nice. His room was very clean, and I thought the food was very good. His therapy was also very good.

Saint Joseph Transitional Rehabilitation Center

2035 W Charleston Blvd. , Las Vegas, NV, 89102

To the most amazing staff, and residents as well, hard working, careing, compassionate, amazing people, you all treated my mother as if she was your own, God Bless all of you!

Torrey Pines Care Center

1701 South Torrey Pines Drive, Las Vegas, NV, 89146

My husband spent the last 6 months of his life with these warm, caring and wonderful people. They treated him very well and often said he was part of the family. It is not as fancy as some other pla … (read more)

Marquis Care Plaza Regency

6021 W. Cheyenne Ave., Las Vegas, NV, 89108

I didn’t like the Marquis Plaza Regency. The food was terrible. For dinner, they gave me half a sandwich and a bowl of soup that was not good at all. My husband was there for a day or two. It’s not … (read more)

Advanced Health Care of Las Vegas

5840 West Sunset Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89118

My mom was at Advanced Health Care of Las Vegas for rehab. They were very open, caring, helpful, answered any questions I had, and seemed to take very good care of my mother. I didn’t care for the fo … (read more)

Advanced Health Care – Summerlin

2860 N Tenaya Way, Las Vegas, NV, 89128

My mother is in Advanced Health Care in Summerlin. It’s a rehab facility, and she’s not really happy there, and she’s not doing great. It’s supposed to be a really good place, but my mom can’t get out … (read more)

Silver Hills Health Care Center

3450 N. Buffalo Drive, Las Vegas, NV, 89129

My father is in rehab at Silver Hills Health Care Center. I have been over there to take his things to him, and so far, everything has been really nice. The experience has been good. Everybody has bee … (read more)

Healthsouth Desert Canyon Rehabilitation Hospital

9175 West Oquendo Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89148

Right now, my mother is in Healthsouth Desert Canyon Rehabilitation, and we are trying to get her level of health restored to be independent enough. I don’t have any complaints on any level. Everythin … (read more)

Horizon Health and Rehabilitation Center

660 Desert Lane , Las Vegas, NV, 89106

I visited 2 family members at thus center. I have to say that the level of care is mediocre. We were unable to get the basic standard of care needs met, while having family to advocate for the patient … (read more)

The Heights of Summerlin

10550 Park Run Drive, Las Vegas, NV, 89144

I AM SOOOO DISGUSTED AND dissatisfied with facility.They only care about how much the state is going to give them for the bed,they match however much the patients social security is along with receivi … (read more)

Life Care Center of Las Vegas

6151 Vegas Drive, Las Vegas, NV, 89108

I became a resident for rehab at this facility after receiving substandard care at a local hospital. At first, I was thrilled with the facility and the staff. This soon wore off. I was in this plac … (read more)

Spanish Hills Wellness Suites

5351 Montessouri St. , Las Vegas, NV, 89113

I had my Love one sent there for a rehab for a head injury. We weren’t able to make sure that he was off to a great start due to COVID-19, however my uncle wasn’t there a full 48 hours before he w … (read more)

Silver Ridge Healthcare Center

1151 Torrey Pines, Las Vegas, NV, 89146

This facility is one of the best in town. The provide the best care and therapy.

Canyon Vista Post Acute

6352 Medical Center Street, Las Vegas, NV, 89148

I am really disappointed with the case manager. My mom is there for a broken hip and she has breast cancer. She was put into the facility on Tues and I informed them of an appointment she has Thursd … (read more)

Royal Springs Healthcare & Rehab

8501 Del Webb Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, 89134

This place should have a makeover and the doctors and the staff should Retrained to communicate. If you ever want the run around from the head nurse in the 100 hall just ask for Mia. (Unit mgr) Sh … (read more)

Sage Creek Post Acute

2350 Ione Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89123

My mom was at Sage Creek Post-Acute for rehab. The place was clean, as far as we know. My dad had stayed there before as well, but because of COVID we were never able to actually go in the building an … (read more)

Kindred Hospital Las Vegas Flamingo Subacute Unit

2250 E. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89119

I cannot speak to the day to day experience for residents since COVID has resulted in no possibility for family checking on things but there were several serious breaches in failure to report informat … (read more)

Harmon Hospital Snf

2170 East Harmon Ave, Las Vegas, NV, 89119

This facility is an absolute pit. My father nearly died after a month of their neglect. He was a completely independent gentleman who was sent there for rehab by his HMO after a fracture. In a month, … (read more)

Premier Health & Rehabilitation Center Of Lv, Lp

2945 Casa Vegas Street, Las Vegas, NV, 89169

My mother was sent to this facility. She was in her late 90’s. She had dementia and stopped walking. I asked how many days she would receive rehab and was told "2." How do you rehab anything in ju … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Las Vegas, NV

A semiprivate room in a Las Vegas nursing home costs an average of $9,155 per month, while a private room costs $10,524.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

The average cost of nursing home care in Las Vegas is $1,399 per month higher than the national median of $7,756. However, the monthly cost in Las Vegas is similar to the Nevada state average of $9,262. Las Vegas has a similar monthly cost to Reno ($9,095) and nearby Phoenix, Arizona, ($9,247). The median cost in Carson City is much higher at $9,612, while the average rate in Salt Lake City, Utah, is significantly lower at $6,996.

$9155

Salt Lake City, UT

$9247

Phoenix, AZ

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Seniors may want to compare the costs of other care options in Las Vegas if they’re unsure if a nursing home is the right option. Adult day care is the least expensive senior care option at an average monthly cost of $1,625. Nursing home care is on the other end of the rate spectrum at a cost of $9,155 for a semiprivate room and $10,524 for a private room. Homemaker and home health aide services both cost an average of $4,290 per month, while assisted living costs $3,525 per month.

$4290

Assisted Living

$1625

Adult day care

$9155

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$10524

Nursing home (private room)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Las Vegas, NV

Free Resources for Seniors in Las Vegas, NV

The following resources may be of interest to seniors in Las Vegas and may help them delay the need to move into a nursing home facility.

ResourceContactService
Las Vegas Senior Services(702) 229-6690The city of Las Vegas provides information and referrals to aging-related local resources to support its senior community. Additionally, the city’s Parks and Recreation Department operates five senior centers that offer classes, activities and events for residents aged 50 and older.
Nevada Senior Services(702) 648-3425Nevada Senior Services is a nonprofit organization that provides a number of services for free or a small donation. It runs adult day care centers across the city and provides specialist memory care programs. Additional services offered include comprehensive assessments, in-home respite care, caregiver support, senior wellness programs and assistance with home modifications.
Meals on Wheels(702) 385-5284Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada operates a Meals on Wheels service for seniors in Las Vegas. Volunteers deliver seven meals each week to homebound seniors who are unable to cook for themselves. There’s no charge for the meals, but donations are always appreciated. The program’s volunteer drivers carry out weekly wellness checks and can also deliver donated pet food for seniors with companion animals.