Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley

Reviews of Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley

Nursing Home Reviews for Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley

November 06, 2016

By Mia456354

I thought Hillcrest Raleigh (Crabtree Valley) was very good. I would use it for rehab if I had to go there. The staff was very good, efficient, and pleasant. They were very nice, and I had no problems. The rooms were sparse -- certainly not elegant. I didn’t go into the dining room, but I saw it through the windows. It looked like everybody was enjoying it, and certainly their menu was very nice.

July 18, 2016

By CFarmer

Hillcrest Raleigh was great. My dad loved the food and the cheery atmosphere felt alot more like home. Friends came by frequently because it was such a comfortable place. The director was awesome and approachable. The nursing staff was caring and attentive. In fact they came within a minute if the nursing button was pushed. That is not the case at other facilities we have stayed in. I highly recommend them and hope they have a room available if we need rehab again!

July 13, 2016

By SH032164

Hillcrest Raleigh was fair. We went to visit my mother every day for about seven weeks. Some staff members were better than others. What I came to notice was the staff would be sitting around the nursing station and patients' call bells would be going off non-stop, but nobody would get up to answer them. The food and living quarters were fair. It was certainly not elegant, but for the cost, it was OK. It appeared to be clean. They were in the process of remodeling the lobby, the hallways, and things to be a lot nicer, but the individual patients' rooms were not to be desired nor very modern. You would be unable to raise the bed up and down. My mom was a fall risk and the reason she was there was because she had fallen at home. She had a head injury and had to have brain surgery. She was very unsteady on her feet. However, I would say the PT was very good, but I was very concerned that the bed could not be lowered. What they did for my mom was that they put mats on the floor, but then it made it a slipping hazard. They put mats around her bed because they were concerned that if she would try to get out of bed she might fall, but the problem was it was more of a risk with the mats there. The first day she was there, I called the nursing supervisor and I said: “Listen, you need to know that my mom is going to try to get out of that bed and go to the bathroom on her own. So, you need to take precautions.” They did not have a fall risk sign on her or anything. My mom had dementia and did not know how to use the call bell. There were some very caring nursing assistants that did a very good job, but they also had a lot of staff that seemed to be lazy and did not do their jobs because of how the call bells were constantly ringing while they just sat around and talked.

June 08, 2016

By Lawrence080880

My wife was in Hillcrest of Raleigh for three months. I have very mixed feelings about it. It depends on the individual staff members. I had a couple of staff members who were excellent, but in general, for example, it was impossible to get a warm meal delivered to her room. She couldn’t go to the dining facility, and it was impossible to get a warm meal delivered. She was incontinent and it would take sometimes two or three hours after she rung for them to come and help her. The management was pretty good. It was individual departments and staff members who I had a real problem with. The rooms were nice and clean. They were rebuilding the entire interior of the facility and had to be commended for putting in that kind of investment. Management appears to be dedicated to their mission but that dedication doesn’t spread down the line, at least not consistently. They were decent and weren’t large, but that’s not their fault since they bought an existing facility. It was well maintained and attractive. The food was decent, but the portions were abysmally small.

May 24, 2015

By kjsthljc

My aunt has been a resident in the long term nursing care for about a year now. Each time I visit I get more upset and frustrated with this HOLE. Today I brought my elderly Mother to visit only to find her face down in her lunch, dirty and so wet that it had gone through her clothes. I had difficulty even finding a nurse and then they could not give me a wash cloth to try to clean her up. We ask about her hearing aid and were told that her husband, who died just this past week, had them? She has no other family and unfortunately I live out of town so cannot be responsible for checking on her other than every few months. If there could be a worse place, I haven't seen it yet.

April 18, 2015

Mom is at Blue Ridge Health Care Center, and it is a nice facility. The people are nice. The outside is beautiful, really clean, and well kept. The rooms are shared rooms, but everyone has their own space, and that is good.

March 26, 2015

By nlynn

This place is horrible. They don't care about the patients. They are more concerned about their bottom line. They are under staffed most of the time. It was exhausting having our loved one there. They don't brush teeth. Put underclothes on the patients. Loose your loved ones personal belongings. Our mom died days after we took her out of there with a severe pressure sore she got, while staying here.By the time we got her to the hospital, they told me they needed to amputate her leg. They are all smoke and mirrors when you visit, but the care given is below average.

February 28, 2015

By Caring89720450

I was at Crabtree Valley. This was where my doctor sent me. I liked it when I first got there, but then as time went on and I became a patient, I wasn't really too fond of it. They let you wet yourself and then just stay in it. The nurses were not really attentive. Other than letting the people sit in their urine, I think they were all very nice. I had a shared room then, and I didn't like having a shared room. It was small, but there was not enough privacy; there's just a curtain between you and the other bed. The food was what you might expect, like in a hospital setting. It was good. Regarding activities, the only thing I did was physical therapy. The other thing I want to say is that their visiting hours were really, really short. They ended at 8, and my husband didn't get off in time to come and see me most days.

February 08, 2015

My brother was in Crabtree in Raleigh, North Carolina before he passed away. It was a good experience for everybody. He was in a real bad shape, but the physical therapy people were very good. I was very impressed with them. They all really did the best that they could to tell you the truth. The room he stayed in was nice. The facility is always clean, and it didn't smell like a hospital or a nursing home. I guess the food was probably OK. He was on a full diet, but he didn't eat very much. It is so tough on the CNAs because they have so many people to take care of which is crazy. They all came every two hours to turn him, and they were very nice to him.

October 24, 2012

By tigerchild

The exterior of the building was very well kept at all times. I was fairly impressed with the demeanor of the staff. My grandfather would often comment that people were very nice to him there and provided him with whatever he might need. We often would have to bring him food however, as he complained that the food was often not very good. Another negative to the facility was that he had to share a room for his entire stay. Needless to say, this made for some awkward moments. My grandfather would also have physicians come visit him and did not want to discuss his medical problems in front of his roommate. We also had multiple occasions where both my grandfather and his roommate had visitors. This made for a very noisy room that was difficult for anyone to have any quality time. No one from the facility would offer another space for to visit or even acknowledge the problem.

June 27, 2011

By chrisdel1982

I really like this facility . With state of the art equipment, respectful, knowledgeable and professional staff on hand 24 hours a day It make this place one of the best Long-term car facilities in the Triangle. My father in law lives here after suffering from a stroke and his recovery process has helped him go from being completely reliant on other people to care for him to being able to maintain his own personal well being. His speech has improved and his overall health has made a complete turn around. All of this is because of the excellent treatment and stimulation he receives on a daily basis from the caring staff at this facility. This place is great!!!!

Services and Amenities of Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley

About Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley

When it comes to senior care, the finest families in the Triangle area have come to Hillcrest for over 65 years. Our tradition of elegant care has been the standard for quality senior care since Hillcrest founded the first certified senior care facility in North Carolina in 1951. Today as we expand our family owned and operated organization with the addition of Hillcrest Raleigh and Hillcrest Home Health, we are able to serve more families than ever before with our unique style of quality care. So whenever you or your family needs senior care, we invite you to Think The Best, Think Hillcrest.

Map of Hillcrest Raleigh at Crabtree Valley