Croasdaile Village Durham, NC

Reviews of Croasdaile Village

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Croasdaile Village

August 13, 2013

By Hunting for a Place for Mom

This is an exceptionally nice continuing care retirement community. There are "cottages" for those who wish more space, but there are a large number of apartments of various sizes that are conveniently located in the same building as all of the activities and services. My mother's mobility is limited, and she did not want to have to walk a long way to access the dining room or various activity rooms. The best feature of this facility were the residents. In the dining room they were laughing and talking - engaged in life. Other places that we had visited were virtually silent, with residents just putting food in their mouths. The also have a heated pool with a retractable roof and many exercise classes in the pool. People also were seen in the exercise room, the craft room, and involved in various activities. Many places had those rooms, but they were always empty.

January 05, 2012

By Robert Thompson

Don't go here. My mother-in-law and father-in-law are at the Pavilion. The overall nursing home ratings give Croasdaile Village a fairly good rating. They say there are few skin tears at the Pavilion, that there are few bed sores, few people lose weight, etc., etc. That's not the truth. Weight loss, skin tears, bed sores are simply not reported to the nursing home board. That's what makes the Pavilion look good. I've seen the chart for my in-laws and their problems aren't even listed in their files...and therefore aren't reported to the board.

June 23, 2011

By AugGrundy

This place is very peaceful and well put together. The faculty and staff are very welcoming and attentive. I would recommend people to stay here.

August 06, 2009

By Emily Ivey

My loved one stayed here

Both my father and mother stay here. The place is fine for independent living. Once you move to assisted living quarters, it's okay, not great. The rooms in assisted living are tiny - the size of a motel room. DON'T go to the full-care facilty, the Pavilion!! If you parent becomes incontinent, they will stay wet and soiled for hours. Nobody will communicate directly to them (they treat them as if they were mindless objects -- believe me, I am there all the time so I know), and they will sit in their wheelchairs for hours on end. Nobody really gives a hoot about them. It's just a job to the caregivers.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (8) See fewer reviews

About Croasdaile Village

Refund Plans: 90% of Entrance Fee; 50% refund (Price: 77% of Entrance Fee); Declining Balance of 2%/mo. (Price: 55% of Entrance Fee). Assisted Living and Nursing Care available on Fee-For-Service basis.

Map of Croasdaile Village