Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

275 Brompton Road, Williamsville, NY 14221
Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville

Assisted Living Reviews for Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville

January 02, 2017

By Thomas143542

My mother-in-law has been in Brompton Heights for only two weeks. It is a beautiful place that doesn’t look like an assisted living but instead like a resort. She seems to love the food. They had an open house this past weekend and all kinds of things going on for Christmas. That seems to have gotten my mother-in-law out of her room, which she wasn’t doing before. They are taking caring of my mother-in-law, and we know that she is safe there. She gets confused very easily, so it is hard for her, but they assist her with wherever she needs to go. We have only dealt with the day shift people, which have been very good with us.

November 05, 2016

By Evelyn855576

Brompton Heights was huge. It looked like it was a former monastery. The grounds were nice. It was in a wooded area on a hill, but one of our concerns was we did not want to see my mother-in-law in a place where she has to walk long distances to get to an elevator or long distances to get down the hall to get to the main area. It seemed more like a nursing home in a lot of ways. The residents were lined up in front of the recreation room waiting to eat lunch in the dining room. We were not impressed. It is not a place that we would consider.

October 11, 2016

By Marlene267514

There was one that I did go to see and I was not pleased with it. It was Brompton Heights. Apparently it came up as being affordable for my mom, but it turned out that it wasn’t. It was a weekly rate as opposed to a monthly rate, and it was out of Mom’s price range. The staff gave me a tour. She was very nice and helpful, but the place had an odor to it. It wasn’t a repulsive odor; it was a “I-don’t-want-to-live-here” odor. The hallways were narrower. The rooms were smaller. I was pretty shocked to find out that it was a more expensive option. There were folks eating in the dining room, and there were folks in the activity room playing like a trivia game. Overall, I really was disappointed, and my mom couldn’t afford it.

May 12, 2016

By BobOEWJL

My aunt stayed at Brompton Heights for two months. It was a good place, everybody was professional, and we didn't have any issues which is a big thing. The food was good, and they had a lot of activities. They had a shuttle that took the residents to doctors' appointments. They served three meals a day and had an ice cream shop that open during the day. For a couple of hours a day, they could get a snack.

September 29, 2015

My mother is over at Brompton Heights now. We choose it because she needs an enhanced assisted living, and there is not a lot to pick from for that purpose. They have lots of activities. My mother is in the memory care section so she cannot participate in the activities of the bigger group. But they have arts & crafts and they have seniors out yesterday. They can take them to doctor's appointment, but we rather do it ourselves. The caregivers are pretty good. I am quite pleased with them, especially she has one favorite nurse that she just loves. The place is clean, but the other section is so big, and I wonder how people can go along with it being so big. It is just too far for me to drive. I ate there a couple of times and I think the food is pretty good.

June 26, 2015

By Jane4567

Every once in a while I join my friend for lunch, this time during lunch there was a woman by the name of Michele going around to each table, she asked if we were enjoying our meal, how everything was tasting and so on. But I noticed how rude she was to the kitchen staff. She talked down to them and never complicated them just told them every thing they did wrong. I personally think the kitchen staff works very hard and I think they do a very nice job. If anything Michele was just discouraging them and under appreciating all the hard work they do for the residents.

May 31, 2015

By Daniel19

I visited Brompton Heights on and off quite frequently when a good friend of mine was there. The physical facility was nice. The people were very accommodating. I had three or four relatives and friends there, and I was always impressed with it.

March 27, 2015

Brompton Heights has only one room and no kitchenette. They have a lot of activities. I was looking for a little smaller home, and I think Brompton has 175 in-house. They have crafts room and movie rooms. The facility was setup nicely, but I didn't like the one room, and I didn't like too many residents. As for staff, every place I went was very friendly and very nice. I would recommend any of them to go to see for themselves, but I prefer the one with the bedroom separated from the main room.

February 19, 2015

By Frank37

I went on a tour at Brompton Heights. It was a nice place, but there was no room available. I do remember what the shared room looked like, and it was way too small. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They had plenty of activities. There was an activity room, and there were people there doing something.

December 25, 2014

By Edward19

We found Brompton Heights for my mom. We like what they have to offer. My first impression of it was that it was clean, it was big, and the residents seemed to be happy. The staff seems to be very close to their residents and taking care of them. They do a lot of entertaining of the residents. They have bingo, they take them on tours, and they have pool table and a movie theater where they show two movies a day. They have a lot of activities. I ate there for lunch. They have a good menu. They give you two choices for lunch and dinner. My mom is living in a one-bedroom. It has a shower and a bath together. It is almost like a nursing home facility but a little bit bigger. She has one bed, two tables, and a TV. She also has heat and air-conditioning. My mom is happy. She has only been there for three months, and she is still trying to adjust to a lot of the residents, but she is adjusting to her surroundings. My overall experience with this community is good.

December 30, 2013

By Angelina4

Mom had stayed at Brompton Heights and it was a very nice place. Everything was great. Their services were awesome.

September 27, 2013

By Janet30

I placed my husband in Brompton Heights for five days while I went to New York. It was a last minute decision. However, the people were very helpful and they took care of contacting the doctor and doing all the paperwork that needed to be done. The activity director was outstanding and they had activities going 24 hours a day. Even if people got up during the night, there were things for them to do. My husband really enjoyed it.

July 31, 2013

By Barbara49

My mother-in-law is in Brompton Heights. It is an independent living facility. They give us a deal on the rate and it includes three meals. The room, although it's a one-bedroom, it is impressive in size and it has a full kitchen plus her own washer and drier was right in her room. The staff is very friendly. They have a movie theater. They have an activity room, which they do more than just regular activities. They encourage the residents to bring their pets no matter what kind of pet they are and she have a cat that is really attached to her. My mother-in-law is happy there.

July 28, 2013

By favoriteson

Beware the management at Bromptom Heights. Make sure you understand the rights of your loved one if you are placing him or her in an assisted living or memory care facility. If you are a legal guardian or power of attorney and are used to making decisions about their care, you will need to understand that now they are in a facility and the management will decide if they need psychotropic medication or their behavior is such that the facility needs to “send them out” -a euphenism for a trip to the Emergency Room of a hospital that has a psychiatric unit in hopes that they will be admitted and put on medication to control their behavior. I placed my father at Brompton’s Heights Assisted Living facility after touring it and having my him screened by them. I visited daily and thought he was doing well, however, I was called at work exactly one week after he was admitted and told that I needed to pick him up by 2:00, as he was being discharged due to his behavior. I offered to call his physician to see if his medication could be adjusted, but their minds were made up. I called the Alzheimer’s Association and they were helpful. They said that legally Brompton’s administrator had to meet with me and give me a 30 day written notice if they were discharging my father. I called Brompton’s management company, The Hamister Group, and lodged a grievance. I also called the New York State Health Department and made a complaint. It is a month and a half later and I have not heard back from either one. I took my father home on the weekend after arranging aide service, but was quite upset at how I was treated and my father not seeming to have any legal rights. Also, the Director of Nursing and the Marketing Director at Brompton Heights treated me very rudely, condescendingly, and were quite unprofessional.

June 19, 2013

By Carolyn9

When we walked in at Brompton Heights last January, the place was very nice. They were explaining things to us what they would do to help my mom, but in the last six months they got very low of it and she is going downhill quite rapidly, so we have to move her into a skilled nursing facility. I tried eating there and the food was disgusting. They are giving my mom a sandwich at lunch time everyday which is their main meal and she has been losing a lot of weight. They don't take care of her needs when she goes to the bathroom. When my family and myself go to see her, we ended up having to clean her up and change her clothes because they are not doing it. Her bathroom is always dirty and we are always cleaning it because she has accidents. We asked them to put her on a schedule to go to the bathroom which they said they would and apparently they haven't because she is still having a lot of accidents. They let the residents go to the great room and the people just sit there with nothing to do and fall asleep in their chair. There is no activity for them do. It is very disappointing from what they said they would do to what they were actually doing, so now we need to move her.

July 09, 2012

By archie'smom

The Brompton is an extremely-impressive-seeming facility, and the tour was both friendly and competent-seeming. However, we were not pleased with the results of our father's respite care stay. He has Alzheimer's, and perhaps should have been placed in the Alzheimer's unit, but the intake person decided he was borderline; hence he was placed in the regular population. This appears to have been a mistake. In the course of a week, his confidence is lost, and he seems to have suffered an enormous set-back because of this experience. Furthermore, a valuable piece of computer equipment with which music could be played for him was lost/stolen, despite assurances from the staff that it would be under lock and key. Finally, three telephone calls requesting out-take and feedback have gone unreturned, since our father left the Brompton. We are concerned about what seems to be a lack of professionalism on the Brompton's part, and would suggest others be cautious in their dealings with them. Do not be taken in by the beauty/graciousness of first impressions; rather, look deeper.

November 18, 2011

By Stu

My mother lived in their CARE unit for over a year. Most of the time I was pleased with her care. The facility is beautiful and their activities program was awesome. Nursing care changed often. I found that frustrating.

Independent Living Reviews for Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville

Memory Care Reviews for Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville

Questions about Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Memory Care staff is trained before starting in the Unit and new staff shadows a staff member.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Assisted Living Residents ages 55 and up. They enjoy the wide range of activities that are held daily and even love just watching TV in the lobby. But most of all they love their ice cream each day and eating in the dining room with each other.

What programs or activities does Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Brompton Heights offers a robust social life and a 24 hour activity calendar. Resort like amenities including a movie theater, salon, game room and art studio. We structure our programs around the resident's interests and desires. Exercise program every morning and also brain health exercises every day.

What places are near Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Brompton Heights has a beautiful campus including 6 acres of curated outdoor space to enjoy with your loved ones. We are within driving distance of Eastern Hills Mall and Transit Road which has many restaurants and shopping.

What transportation services does Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville offer to assisted living residents?

Brompton Heights does offer transportation to and from medical appointments as needed

What makes the chef or dining program at Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our dietary services provide three nutritious home-cooked meals per day, all approved by a certified dietician and served in our dining hall. There is always two choices for each meal and we will adjust to resident's dietary needs. There is also a alternate menu. Daily snacks are provided through out the day.

What safety features or security measures does Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville offer to assisted living residents?

Brompton Heights has security code entrance and a doorbell that needs to be answered by a employee before entrance is granted

How does Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Brompton Heights has a monthly newsletter and our Administrator stays in close contact with families with any updates at the community.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville during daytime and nighttime hours?

There is always a nurse on day and night shifts. There is always a med tech, PCA and nurse on each shift for each unit. Staff will increase as needs increase

If Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Brompton Heights does accept dogs less than 50lbs or cats and they can enjoy the communities property. Owners must pick up after their own animals.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Corporate headquarters continues to train our staff including providing incentives to promote within and also provide support to further their education.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Independent Living residents age range from 55 and up. They love to enjoy the community outside weather permitting and also enjoy having their friends and family over to their own home. They can partake in any of the activities offered at the community.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Independent Living Residents can enjoy the lively town of Williamsville, including Eastern Hills Mall and shopping in the Village of Williamsville with quaint restaurants and carnivals in the summer months.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville has organized?

Niagara Falls, Albright Knox Gallery, Maid of the Mist

What transportation services does Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville offer to independent living residents?

Medical transportation is provided to all residents at Brompton Heights

What makes the chef or dining program at Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

All residents have two choices at each meal and we can adapt to any special dietary needs. Three meals a day are included in their monthly rent with snacks provided throughout the day.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Independent Living has a common living area to enjoy. The residents can enjoy the recreation room, library, movie theater and ice cream parlor in the community.

What safety features or security measures does Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville offer to independent living residents?

Brompton Heights Independent Living Residents have their own key to gain access.

Yes we do accept dogs under 50lbs and also cats. They can enjoy our outside property which includes many acres of land including benches.

Does Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

At this time we do not work with any agency.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

3 staff members in each wing including PCA ,Med Tech and a nurse for both daytime and evening shifts.

What safety features or security measures does Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville provide to protect residents who wander?

Wander Guards are available and would be recommended and prescribed by the physician. Our memory care unit is a lock down unit.

What programs or activities does Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our recreation department has a specific program set up for our Memory Care residents including many brain health activities.

Brompton Heights has a case manager, director of personal care, nurse practitioner and medical physician/director on staff.

What techniques does Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Meal times are supervised by the staff in the Memory Care Unit.

How does Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Brompton Heights is always updating families through emails or phone calls if needed. We also have a new case manager on staff who will update you on any medical changes.

Describe the neighborhood around Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Brompton Heights is located between Main Street and Sheridan Drive in Williamsville, NY. A beautiful residential neighborhood located on a country like setting with plenty of outdoor space to enjoy with your loved ones.

Is Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with any specific hospital

Costs for Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville

Photos of Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville

Services and Amenities of Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: 204-F-133

• Get Costs

About Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville

Brompton Heights is an all-inclusive senior living community where seniors can age in place, and live a longer, healthier and more fulfilling life, safely. We offer independent living, assisted living, enhanced living, memory care to future residents.

At Brompton Heights, we have nursing professionals on-site 24/7, not just on call. This means that if a medical situation should arise with one of our residents, we will be there to address it quickly and effectively, no matter if it happens at lunch or during the middle of the night.

First-class amenities offered:
    • Dining room, outside - (patio style seating as well)
    • Recreation room(s)
    • Courtyard - patio
    • Ice cream parlor
    • Movie theater?
    • Shuttle transportation
    • Park-like setting - (outside)

Brompton Heights is one of the few communities in WNY that is 100 % enhanced license and certified by the DOH and NYS to allow residents to "age in place."

Map of Brompton Heights Located in Williamsville