Mayfair Care Center

Reviews of Mayfair Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Mayfair Care Center

August 20, 2014

By Cooper's

My mother is a resident of the Mayfair. She was placed there a few years ago because the location is close to my aunt and sister. So it was convenient to have a family member nearby. My family and I had not visited as much as I would have liked, but my aunt filled me in as much as possible. In the summer, I visited my mother. I was so excited because it had been awhile and I really missed her. When we got to her floor we were told she was in the recreation room with the other residents. It was very crowded with he TV on and some of the patients just sitting there inactive. When I mentioned I wanted to spend time with her in her private room and was discouraged to do so. I acted like I did not hear this and rolled my mom into her room. She agreed that it would be nice to visit with us without everyone listening and staring at us. I asked my daughter to get an extra chair from another room and you would think I was trying to murder someone. One nurse(aide or whatever) came into my mothers room with a nasty tone to tell us in no certain terms that we were not to take chairs from the residents room or from the rec room. She was yelling at me and was loud and so unprofessional. I tried to ignore her and told her that the other residents needed her and that I was here to visit my mother. She kept coming back onto the room to argue and have the last word. This was ridiculous. How do you treat a residents family with such disrespect. I was and am appalled. My mother was upset and the incident almost ruined my visit. Something must be done about this place. The residents are treated like cattle put into a room. It saddens me to view first hand how they are treated. I will continue to keep my presence known at that place and let them know my mother has family and she will not be mistreated. I would never recommend this place for anyone.

August 04, 2011

By MallRat0698

Other

My loved one was sent to this facility to be an outpatient after recovering from evasive life-saving surgery. The facility was local and that was the only benefit that the facility possessed. The care facility was notifed that my loved one would be arriving at their facility but they were not prepared for her when she arrived. She was put into her room and at that time, everything appeared to be fine. But within moments, she had trouble breathing and had to use the oxygen tank provided to her as an outpatient. My loved one then proceeded to panic and this created even more of an issue and she had even more trouble breathing due to the panic attack. I take issue with the way the employees handled the situation in that, they did not handle it AT ALL. My loved one had to contact her relatives because the employees were doing nothing to relieve her distress. And when three of us did arrive to her assistance and we inquired about what was being done about - there was no one there with any answers. After my loved one eventually calmed down and was able to breathe properly again, it was decided that she would not stay in this facility. Although fully staffed, it took close to two hours for the paperwork and the run-around to be finalized before my loved one could leave their facility. Unnecessary hassles abounded. And one other thing - while waiting, I really had a chance to observe some of their employees' interaction with the other residents of the home and I did not approve. I actually saw one of the workers yell at one of the seniors there and when the senior did not respond, the worker YANKED the senior up by one of her arms and then proceeded to lead this elderly person down the hallway, like she was a bad child and was being put in the corner as punishment. Disgraceful. Would not recommend this facility to anyone.

About Mayfair Care Center

Mayfair Care Center is a senior living provider in Hempstead, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Mayfair Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Mayfair Care Center