The Chelsea at Warren

Reviews of The Chelsea at Warren

Assisted Living Reviews for The Chelsea at Warren

October 17, 2012

By dustysam

Initially, when I walked into the facility, I was a little unnerved by the feeling that it was an "old age home". That is the opposite of what I wanted for my dad but I decided I needed to see the whole facility before making a judgment. I spoke with the Director of the facility and found her warm and knowledgable. She knew every resident that we came across in our tour and their visiting family members. That's a nice feeling. She discussed different levels of care that they provide at the facility, as well as activities and amenities. Next, she took me on a tour of the facility. Her descriptions during our discussions did not do the facility any justice! I was happily surprised by all of the different activities available for the residents, both on site and off. There was a beauty salon, a movie screen room, a library, a doctor's office, a small store, a social room with a pool table and so much more. Outside of the screening room is a large billboard that shows all the activities available for the month. Each box for each date was FILLED with fun things to do. Next, we had some room visitations. I wasn't too pleased with what they called the studio apartments (which vary from small, medium, large). My feeling is that the personal quarters of the residents should be more than just a what amounts to a small hotel room. The one bedroom apartments though, seemed very nice and cozy. Of course, the monthly rate for those is very high. Another negative note it that the monthly cost even for the smallest room is very prohibitive. Though I understand that this is not a comment specific to this facility. While I understand that all the resident's needs are met here, it is difficult to understand how a person on a fixed income could possibly afford this type of facility. Overall, I had a very positive experience with The Chelsea at Warren. It is definitely in my considerations for the next step for my father.

September 24, 2012

By dieselm5

When I walked into Chelsea at Warren in February 2012 as part of a law school class visit, I was pleasantly surprised. All of the cases we read in class regarding litigation against assisted living facilities painted a picture of unclean and unsanitary living conditions, careless staff and seniors that were neglected and abused. I can say with a smile on my face that none of these horrible things were present at Chelsea. The grounds of the facility were clean and well manicured. The staff seemed very attentive and happy to be there to serve the residents. The residents seemed like they were taken care of well. Seniors were talking walks in an outside garden despite the cold whether. Some were watching televisions in their rooms or eating. Other residents were participating in activities such as bridge, knitting or reading the newspaper. Overall this was a very positive experience and much different from what I had previously pictured an assisted living facility would look like.

Independent Living Reviews for The Chelsea at Warren

Services and Amenities of The Chelsea at Warren

About The Chelsea at Warren

Located on over ten wooded acres in a beautiful suburban community, The Chelsea at Warren offers personalized Assisted Living in private and semiprivate suites.

All Chelsea Senior Living Residences offer a safe, warm, homelike, comfortable setting where well-trained staff attend to the needs of residents to ensure wellness, provide choice, maintain dignity, respect individuality and promote the highest possible level of function and independence.

We provide a full range of services to assist residents in continuing to lead full and independent lives in a setting which allows convenient access to shopping, dining and medical facilities. In addition, our beautifully landscaped grounds are graced by a pond and charming footbridge.

Our Country Cottage provides a safe and supportive environment for residents with Alzheimer's and other memory impairments.

Map of The Chelsea at Warren