CareOne at Teaneck

Reviews of CareOne at Teaneck

Nursing Home Reviews for CareOne at Teaneck

March 08, 2018

By ABoog1031

I was a resident here after surgery when I fell at home. The place is really wonderful. The rooms are very clean and spacious, and I toured a few places before choosing I have to admit this place looks like a hotel compared to the rest. The staff is always very friendly and has a smile on their face which really help get me through the day since I really wanted to be home. I can't say enough about their therapy, I am not walking better with a walker and stronger every day because of what they did with me. When I wasn't in therapy I would go to their activities to keep me busy and help pass the day, their staff is amazing and always trying to help interact with games or music I would have never thought I would want to attend things like that but it ended up being entertaining. I was a little skeptical at first because it was Kosher and I myself wasn't, but the options they had I wouldn't think it was. They have a Spanish menu, Korean menu, Italian menu while I was there and the food was great. It made it better to have my family join me for dinner in the dinning room, there is always a really nice piano player that plays wonderfully. I know nobody ever thinks they would need to go to a place like that or would want to for that matter, but if you have to go I would definitely recommend this one and I saw a few throughout this process.

November 07, 2017

By Wonderson

I visited Care One at Teaneck and I was amazed at how beautiful it was. The renovation is beautiful. The air in the facility is also very clean. I noticed that in other facilities there is a metallic smell from all the cleaning products and the dirty carpeting. Care One at Teaneck does not have any carpeting and apparently a very good ventilation system. I also love the food. The dietary staff were helpful and accommodating when someone wanted to have something else. The nursing staff were wonderful they respond to call bells in a timely manner and the nursing supervisors make sure that all the patients needs are taken care of. The therapists were wonderful as well. They have this really cool Alter-G machine that is an anti gravity treadmill. They let me try it and it was awesome. Great for patients who are non-weight bearing but want to walk. They even have birds in the lobby which were very relaxing to observe. For patients who are looking for a kosher facility this is place to go. They have a synagogue on site and volunteers from the Orthodox Jewish community who come and visit the patients. I give it 5 Stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)))))))))))). Thank you Care One at Teaneck for all your help!!!!!!

November 07, 2017

By Carmela L.

After my stroke I came to Care One at Teaneck to get therapy. My therapists Delvourt and Esther were both very good. They helped me accomplish many of my goals. The nurses and aides were all very nice and came quickly when I called them. The garden backyard and newly renovated building are very beautiful. I am grateful for all that you have done for me.

July 21, 2017

By Mschips123

I love care one a family member has been in the rehab off and on since 2004 I think I can't remember the exact dates but he has always been treated with kindness and patients the staff of care givers nursing assistance they go above and beyond the care that is given to him. Care one is a place where you can go home and not worry about your mother or father being mistreated I would recommend this rehab to anyone.

April 18, 2017

By kdcnnyc

We were assigned Care One at Teaneck from the Hospice company as my father needed hospice care at the end of his life. For anyone who may be considering hospice care, please visit the facility before agreeing. While Care One at Teaneck is updated, this is not what we had in mind for hospice. There is no dedicated hospice area, it's loud and mostly geared towards rehab. The nurses we dealt with were good and mostly friendly, but they are expected to only visit every four hours actually walk in the room and move the patient. Every two hours they peek in - this is not the kind of care we had hoped for. Visiting hours, while supposed to be available 24/7, is really not easy since you have to ring the night nurses, or the night watch after "normal" hours after 8pm. Finally, while not advertised, the facility observes all Jewish customs by not allowing anyone - regardless of religion - to have food that isn't kosher on Jewish holidays. Fine if that's advertised, but I saw it nowhere and we didn't exactly have a choice. The night my father died, the nurse told us to go home and get some rest. He would be fine through the night. As we were kissing him goodbye, he died. I'm glad we stayed the extra five minutes. Overall, we had a single room which is all that really mattered, but it was definitely not the experience we were hoping for to provide comfort and peace in an otherwise terribly upsetting time. If possible, I'd recommend checking it out before committing your loved one. Best of luck.

February 21, 2017

By caringformomanddad

what an absolutely beautiful place. This facility was just renovated and looks and smell s like a hotel. You may not think that matters but it really lifts your spirits when needing to stay there for a long time. We have gotten to know everyone there and everyone is so nice. The rehab gym has a new machine called AlterG . it got my family member walking again when that seemed impossible after the hospital. The nursing staff are attentive and so nice. I don't know how the aides do their job with such compassion ! Izzy an aide on the third floor is the best. she always made sure mom was in good hands and when dad came to visit she made sure he got lunch and lots of TLC. I cannot say enough for CareOne at Teaneck and our experience there and as a social worker in the field, I know how these places are .

February 20, 2017

By BrendaG1107

I came in as a resident after a stroke and didn't think I was going to get back to where I was. At the hospital they told me and my family that I was going to need a nursing home. With their help I was able to leave walking. Therapists were so helpful and very nice. The nurses and the aides were also amazing. They always made sure I had everything I needed. I really couldn't imagine a better place to recover. I'm very proud to say I am no walking with a walker and back in my own home thanks to them.

February 09, 2017

By arentas

ALERT-I was admitted to this facilty on 2/2/2017, after having total knee replacement at holy name hospital,have to say the worst experience ,upon my admittance, i was assigned a Dr.Schwartz never came to see me for my duration there,who does this,the night before my discharge at 10 pm woken up from my sleep,here comes the so called Dr Schwartz,who makes rounds at 10 pm checks my chest and that was the extent of his examination,did not even check my wound,the food was horrible,the physical therapist barely knew what to do,how is it possible that this facilty has a licence to help sick people who need asdistance, twice during my stay i had to get out of my bed after 10pm to ask the aides to quite down outside our rooms from listening to music and carrying long and loud conversations,how is this possible when there quite a few sick patients here i bought this to the attention of Rivkah supervisor,but i guess it feel on dead ears,not fair that my insurance is paying for something that i was not receiving,i made the decision to leave this location and start out patient with a private physical therapist, there is one young lady LN SAMANTHA, who made sure my wound was cleaned everyday,thankd to her,i strongly urge to find another location before you decide to send your loved one here.think about it twice

January 19, 2017

By be warned

Other

They referred a client to our assisted living facility. Despite having screened her before she moved, we did not know - and CareOne did not tell us - that she had a serious psychological disorder and was violent. CareOne certainly knew this, but did not tell us - she seemed nonviolent b/c she was drugged into lethargy there. At other times, whether it is to call, or even to visit, the staff all seem to have the attitude of "I don't know, I don't care, it's not my job, whether it is the receptionist or a floor nurse. Do not place anyone at this place. It should lose any accreditation it has.

October 09, 2016

By Nevereveragain

My mother went into Care One in Teaneck with high hopes of getting back to where she was physically before a short stint in the hospital. Worst decision we could have made! She was there for an entire week before being seen by a doctor. During the first night she rang the alarm to go to the bathroom but no one came in and she had to go on her own...without the use of a walker because she was not given one yet. She had gotten up four times that night on her own. We complained the next day when we found out and she was given a walker. She has been on anxiety medication for some time and takes it two times a day...at times she had to ask for it instead of getting it automatically causing more anxiety for her. She had nebulizer treatments three times a day. One to two out of three times, the mask was placed on her face (for 15 minutes) but no one came back in to remove the mask or turn the very loud machine off. When a family member was there we removed it and shut off the machine. The food was just awful. They must have gotten a deal on veal because it was on the menu everyday for about six days in a row and was not very good. After she was there a week, we began to ask how much longer she would be there. We noticed each day that she was getting weaker and walking much, much slower. We asked if we could walk her in the hall to help strengthen her legs but was told no since she was on oxygen. When we asked when she would be discharged they said they have to monitor her oxygen. We asked what more has to be done...they had her numbers and already knew she needed the oxygen at home. We were pointing out that she was in better shape before she was admitted. This place was suppose to strengthen her but the opposite happened. She could barely get out of bed! We insisted that she be discharged since it was apparent that this facility was of no use for her. After she was home we realized we needed a walker (the one we borrowed from a family member did not fit thru the bathroom door) and a commode. I called Care One and was told by a therapist that they would not assist in getting the items since they did not discharge her. We had to purchase the items from a pharmacy which were quite expensive. I know people say that these facilities keep patients as long as they can to keep billing Medicare....now I agree!

November 27, 2015

By robster

Rating 4.5* My mother is at the facility in rehab. Overall, staff is very caring and friendly. Food a bit bland at times, but you'll get a delicious dish here and there. The place has activities to keep residents engaged. Nursing attention is good (B+), and would consider if had to keep my mom there. Negatives - parking is valet during peak times, and scheduled appt 3 weeks ago for haircut for mother and still has not happened.

September 14, 2015

By beautifulsunrise

I came here as a patient April 1st, 2015 from Hackensack Hospital and the experience that I had I could not express to you. I was in room 222. I had a huge surgery on my right leg and was unable to walk in both legs. I was 9 weeks in a wheel chair but the faith and the help from my nurses and therapists, I was able to walk again. They gave me all the positive motiviation I needed to come back to life. The energetic attitude and all the help helped me mentally and physicially. I believe that Care One at Teaneck is one of the best facilities in the world. I was discharged May 27th to my own home with no tears in my eyes, I left with a big smile and a positive attitude. They taught me how to find myself again. With my full recovery here Care One at Teaneck it is a miracle for me to leave the way I did with being in so much pain. Thank you for the whole team that works at Care One in Teaneck, doctors nurses therapists and the kitchen for the food it was always great

September 12, 2014

By Mamas Girl

Do not put your loved ones here.My poor Mother was given a dose of insulin which was not for her and she went into shock was hospitalized..When I went to remove her clothing from the facility I learned that the aide gave her the woman in the next bed insulin..I complained and was told they were sorry..I then requested my mothers clothes taht they packed up as soon as they knew she would not be going there..and when I went to retrive them they had me myself sort through piles of plastic bags with no names on them in the basement,as they were to busy to help me...This place is terrible they are only interested in MONEY.......

May 19, 2014

By brendalizmatos

I have to say when this place started, it had its problems. But as a family member that had their grandmother their more than once it has improved tremendously. The administration has really worked on everything and everyone in there, it clearly shows. Therapy is one of it's best, really got my grandmother where she needed to be. Nursing staff, even though sometime overwhelmed really care and helped her through whatever her issues. All you have to do is tell them if something was bothering you, and they were on it like white on rice. They would talk to every department to make sure that any issues I had with my grandmother were fixed immediately. Directors even sometimes gave me their cell phone number to make sure everything went well with my grandmothers stay. This is clearly a place that is focused on care and doing anything to make it a better place. Course there are some things that go wrong, but if you speak up they are amazing! Would recommend this place to anyone after my grandmother stay!

November 12, 2013

By flyonwall

I was a patient at Care One for 7 weeks and received excellent care. If there was a problem, you just had to mention it , and they tried their best to resolve it. The new administration, under the direction if Ari is improving constantly. Their goal is to make this a top rated facility and it shows. I will always be grateful to the nursing staff, aides, Food Service staff, pt and OT and Clergy for their consistent attention to my welfare. Care One is Number One in my book!

July 06, 2013

By Ivee

My mother's two-week stay post-hospitalization for congestive heart failure and pneumonia was a nightmare. She was overdosed on oxygen, neglected by staff members, prescribed incorrect medications, and did not regularly get her compression stockings to prevent blood clots. One day, the patient in the next bed got the compression stockings. Less than two weeks into her stay at the facility, she was rushed back to the hospital with massive blood clots in her legs (which she did not have before her stint at Care One). Records are kept haphazardly in loose leaf notebooks, almost no one seems to know what they are doing; the staff is sometimes openly hostile, and the food is just awful. Turns out they've just lost their Aetna Medicare certification. Do your elderly loved one a favor and steer clear of this place.

July 01, 2013

By today

this facility is not even adequate. medications are given very late in the day. there were errors in medication dosage. requested my physician be notified at least 4 times, it never happened.iso patients were mixed with non iso patients. management there to placate the cash cows staying there. shift supervisors were abrupt and dismissive. i truly pity non competant residents. try staying there undercover,

June 25, 2013

By Caring 0307

Before my dad went into a hospice, he stayed in Care One at Teaneck for a couple of months. It was a very good facility. Their staff were very nice and very capable. They were very caring to my father during his short stay there. Sadly my father passed away just this April.

March 21, 2013

By Veronica Carrasco

Other

horrible place ,dirty they have lice I write this because I do not body have to suffer what we did it

September 29, 2012

By MC1

My mother was at CareOne for about six weeks. The facility was fairly clean, however it wasn't until her stay that we saw how care was provided to patients there. First, the facility is highly understaffed. Many times there were only one or two aides for a floor of about 20 patients. If a patient required or requested a bath sometimes the aides could not complete them by the time the facilities lights out. The attitudes of some of the aides was poor. The nurse had to switch an aide because she yelled at my mother unnecessarily.Another issue with the facility was the fact that some patients were just put together without taking into consideration the injury. For instance if someone had a head injury they were in the room with a hip surgery patient. The care for each is different and sometimes their clipboards were wrong. There were times when we had to call the nurse to verify care instructions. This specific location was also very religious and it made it difficult for my mother to stay there comfortably and eat. Sometimes she was unsatisfied with the food and the only way she would get some extra nourishment was if we snuck the food in. Overall the facility was not bad but as I stated before the facility was understaffed, errors in communication/clipboards and food were the main problems we faced.

June 13, 2012

By Ada'sMadness

Clean bldg.,respectful staff, however ,Nurses are spread too thin in sub acute care unit . Doctors are invisible, unless you get there at 6:30 A.M. and look for them ,and then still ,their services are at limited due to their patient load. Unfortunately this seems to be pervasive in most sub acute and long term care facilities. Physical therapists were competent and caring.Overall , the Management was responsive to my Mom's many needs and requests until she left after about after a month .

January 27, 2012

By unhappyfamilymember

Care One in teaneck has only one main concern that is getting as much money as they possibly can during your stay with them. The few nurses there who do work are too busy to provide individual care. The rest do as little as they possibly can especially the night nurses. Some of the nurses even refuse to help if they are asked for care. My grandmother once asked for a glass of water following her medication and the nurse on staff actually refused. The doctors are incompetent and hide behind protocol instead of providing care for the needs of the patients. If you do not have someone visiting the patient every hour of every day they will receive absolutely zero care. Their physical therapy is overcrowded and loud. My grandmother was there after her knee replacement and they blatantly refused to let her use a cpm machine, which she was required to use in order to speed up her recovery.

January 04, 2012

By SandyC0111

My Mom was in this facility and I worried about her everyday. We went there because it was close to home. The staff was extremely unattentive. Meals were cold when served. No one around to answer questions or would just ignore you when standing at the nurses' station. My Mom broke her arm there and was never taken to the hospital. I cringe anytime I hear of Care One in Teaneck.

Costs for CareOne at Teaneck

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Nursing Home Starting At: $11250/month

• About CareOne at Teaneck

care-one.com

Let CareOne help you take the worry out of long-term care. Our knowledgeable specialists can help you and your family navigate all of the care options available. Plus, you and your loved one will be assured of a comfortable, seamless transition to the long-term care environment.

Most important, our staff includes experienced registered nurses, certified nursing assistants, nursing directors and managers who not only provide outstanding care but also treat each resident like a member of their own family.

Our long-term care team includes:

• 24-hour-a-day registered nurses
    • Activity and recreation staff
    • Certified nursing assistants
    • Licensed nutritionists
    • Social services
    • Spiritual support services
    • On-site physician services including internal medicine, podiatry, ophthalmology and dental care

While CareOne at Teaneck welcomes people of all faiths, our center offers special programs to support those of the Jewish faith. Amenities and services include Glatt Kosher meals (RCBC supervision), restaurant-style fine dining, daily activities, a synagogue, Jewish cultural entertainment and much more.

Map of CareOne at Teaneck