Walnut Grove Omaha, NE

Walnut Grove (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Walnut Grove

Independent Living Reviews for Walnut Grove

October 28, 2015

Walnut Grove was a beautiful facility. We ate there, and the food was good. I liked the different room styles. However, it's not a good fit for my mother, because it's only independent living. They did have care that you could get, but that was extra. A big concern also was the distance from the dining room. It was just too far and too much walking for her. Other than that, it's a very nice place, and I have no issues with the cleanliness.

October 19, 2015

By Michael114069750

The staff at Walnut Grove was extremely friendly. They gave me free lunch and took me on a tour. It was really nice and no pressure. They have studio, and one, two, or three bedroom. They have everything in it; washer, dryer, and stove. All the residents that I saw there seemed to be fairly happy and content.

July 04, 2015

I visited Walnut Grove, and it’s not for me; I’m not ready for anything like that. When I went to visit, I had a couple of friends that were there. They were very happy there. They were older than me, and I saw their place. It was a very nice facility; it looked very nice and very clean. It has a lot of activities for older people. Walnut Grove Park is right adjacent to it; they might go for a walk if they can get to it.

December 29, 2014

By Mary99119250

She is in Walnut Grove, but she decided to hire additional help. She gets 3 meals a day, and somebody comes in, vacuums, and takes her trash once a week. Another thing they offer that is important to us seniors is transportation. You don’t have to have your own car. But if you chose to, you can rent a garage space and pay extra rent for that. She has a full kitchen with a washer and dryer, a stove, and a microwave which she never uses. And just like every place else, some staff are nice, and some are grouchy. Something different goes on every day. They have movies in their movie theater, and all the pay per views of major sports events, pinnacle clubs, and bingo clubs. When you go in, it’s built like you’re in a cruise ship. It has that main dining salon.

July 29, 2012

By Kathy of Bellevue

We've visited this facility and the people were nice and warm. The management team have a sense of support for each other. They provide 3 meals a day. The place was nice but the rooms were quite smaller than what I currently have. And the price is pretty expensive as well, closer to what I'm paying for right now. If only the financial aspects met our expectation, I would definitely love to have gone to this place.

Questions about Walnut Grove

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Walnut Grove. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Walnut Grove residents are well-rounded individuals aged 55 and over who live life at their own pace. Some continue to refine a lifelong hobby, or work, while others delight in learning new activities and skills.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Walnut Grove is nestled in the suburban neighborhoods of West Omaha, surrounded by beautifully landscaped grounds and scenic walking trails. With a thriving music and culture scene, bountiful craft brewing and dining options, and plenty of nearby shopping and recreation, it is the ideal location for our all-inclusive 55 and over senior living community.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Walnut Grove has organized?

Our full-time lifestyle director collaborates with residents to develop a wide variety of events and activities tailored to the interests of the community. Dinner outings as well as trips to the local farmers market and shopping centers are often found on the weekly agenda.

What transportation services does Walnut Grove offer to independent living residents?

Walnut Grove offers scheduled transportation to professional appointments and group outings, we also offer valet parking for our residents.

What makes the chef or dining program at Walnut Grove exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Freedom Dining is Walnut Grove's most popular feature. The program includes flexible dining hours throughout the day, plus the option to choose from a variety of dining experiences: fine dining, casual buffet dining including pizza, salads, sandwiches; on-the-go snacks; room service is also available as an option, at no additional charge. Our Freedom Dining program ensures residents have ample time to dine, plus plenty of nutritionally-balanced meal options, prepared by our Executive Chef daily.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a fabulous 150 seat theatre to host live performances, meetings, and of course a great place to take in a movie. Other areas of the community to enjoy include the 24 hour fitness center, library, billiards room and computer center. There is also a gift shop/pharmacy, salon/barber and a bank/credit union located on the premises for your convenience.

What safety features or security measures does Walnut Grove offer to independent living residents?

Walnut Grove is a 24/7 professionally staffed community with live in managers and concierge services. For your safety, Walnut Grove is equipped with a medical alert system, all included.

If Walnut Grove accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Walnut Grove is a pet friendly community, with no additional fee.

Photos of Walnut Grove

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt
  • Vegetarian

About Walnut Grove

Live like you're on vacation at Walnut Grove in an all-inclusive resort! Walnut Grove is the perfect choice for people with a passion for living who are looking for freedom, comfort, independence, security, convenience, and a friendly community in the place they call home.

Planned with you in mind, our Apartments are pleasant, beautifully designed living spaces with fully-equipped designer kitchens, luxurious baths, and many smart details to complement your busy lifestyle.

The stunning main dining room is the setting for taste-tempting meals prepared each day by our Executive Chef. Plus the best part is its all part of our freedom Dining program that sets us apart from the others.

Gracious common areas are ideal for gathering with friends and neighbors. The Walnut Grove theater provides movies and other varied entertainment. Take care of business at the in-house bank, gift shop and beauty salon, or schedule the driver to take you where you need to go. Plus Concierge and valet parking services are at your service! You can even accommodate visiting friends and family in our guest suite.

Enjoy resort-style living and peace-of-mind with our all-inclusive package:
  • Chef-Prepared Meals Daily