The Montclair

Reviews of The Montclair

Independent Living Reviews for The Montclair

December 04, 2018

By Ray

The Montclair was a more upscale, gorgeous facility, but it was more for someone used to upscale living. The rooms were huge and beautiful with gorgeous plush carpeting, and everything was wonderful. The dining room was almost like a 4- or 5-star restaurant, and they had a huge menu.

January 26, 2018

By PN

The Montclair's staff was excellent. They went to a lot of different places and had stuff on the premises, like exercise, home health, and a library. They had a pretty nice dining room, and the food was pretty good. The place wasn't quite as updated, and the appliances seemed older. There wasn't a dining area, and there was barely enough room for a small table with maybe two chairs if folded. What I didn't like about it was they had metal doors on everything which clanked really loudly and cheapened the place, and yet, it was twice as expensive as the other places I went to. The rooms were really small in comparison, too.

May 25, 2017

By mary506371

The Montclair is very attractive, and it's very clean, but the rooms seem awfully small, and they seemed a little crowded. I would love to be there.

March 28, 2017

By Tracey633728

The Montclair was fine, but you could tell that it was an older facility. It had a slight smell to it, but everyone was very nice. There were plenty of activities going on. The dining area looked like a small restaurant. They had a band and a comedian when we were there. A calendar was posted on the board showing different activities during the week.

October 20, 2016

By Claudia003713

I visited The Montclair. I liked the apartments. It seemed like they had a little entry way to them, and they felt just a little roomier that the other one we visited. They had a great atrium. I thought they were 4 stories up, but you could look down in the center, and they had a grand piano down there. It was nice. I did not like the dining room, but we did not have any meals there. They had a nice activity room. They had a lot of exercise groups going on. It was a nice facility. I thought there were 7 acres of ground around it, and that was really nice. It had a lot of nice landscaping.

September 13, 2016

By Sara103458

One thing that I like about The Montclair the most is that my Aunt Virginia is there. She’s my dad’s sister, and she likes it a lot. I like the activities and security that they have. We had a meal that was very good. They have a library, a movie theater, and Wii bowling. They take them over to Wal-Mart. Everybody is happy there. They serve three meals a day and have a beauty salon, a grand piano in the lobby that some can play, and a book club. If they need to go to the doctor, there is a shuttle bus that will take them over there. The groceries are delivered. In the hallways, they have a storm shelter that I like.

July 21, 2016

By Don L

The Montclair is a little bit bigger with several things that I don’t think other places had, like an on-staff nurse there 24 hours a day and security used to monitor all the rooms, so if you don’t leave your room within 24 hours, they try to contact you. All the rooms and bathrooms have emergency pull strings. If you have a problem, you can pull it and the nurse will come and see what’s going on. The tour was good. They showed us a two-bedroom, which was reasonably sized. We’re both on Social Security and I have a small pension, but the two of us at The Montclair would cost $4,300 a month, and that’s if we don’t do anything else except live there. They have an exercise room and a pool table. They do schedule a lot of activities as far as I can tell from the literature we got. They do take trips every once in awhile.

June 28, 2016

By Relative218708

We liked The Montclair. It is very nice. The staff treats my relatives very well, and the food is very good. The staff is really accommodating, and everyone is very friendly.

June 18, 2016

By Fred833867

I liked The Montclair. It was nice, clean, and neat. It was a little bit expensive, but I guess they are all that way. They had different room sizes. We had lunch there, but I didn't like the particular food I had. It was right across the street from the hospital, and they will provide the transportation should I need to go to a doctor's appointment.

January 15, 2016

By Smcdaughter

My father has been at the Montclair for over 5 years and he loves it. We live on the east coast and visit as often as we can, but we are so grateful to have found the Montclair, here where he wants to live. Both his apartment and the common spaces are attractive and kept very nicely. They support the residents in many activities and trips and interests - trips to concerts and gardens and sports, bridge and games and singing and tai chi and movies and many more. The staff and the residents are just plain nice here - cheerful and joking and kind. They take good care of each other. The food is tasty and wholesome and there are many ways to get a little exercise. And if Dad is feeling under the weather, they are in close touch and can offer other kinds of support, such as meals in his apartment. The Montclair is a real find. I cannot imagine a nicer place for an older person to live. I thank them for being there for my 98 yea old father.

December 30, 2013

By Caring82066950

My dad is happy at The Montclair. It is a great place. I like best that they did all the paperwork for him, being a veteran, and got him qualified. In terms of activities, they have everything there. They have card games, bingo, etc. They have a TV room. They have great entertainment for their residents. They would have live music. They even have a grand piano in the center of the hallway where people can play and perform. They also take them out to shopping once a week. They take them to Branson, MO. They also have a church there onsite.

Costs for The Montclair

Photos of The Montclair

Services and Amenities of The Montclair

• Get Costs

About The Montclair

Just 10 minutes from downtown Springfield, MO, The Montclair offers easy access to all the amenities of this vibrant metropolitan city. From historical attractions such as Pythian Castle to an array of micro-breweries and wineries, Springfield has plenty to keep seniors busy during their retirement. Outdoor enthusiasts can explore the region's many trails, rivers and parks, including the Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Garden and the Ozark Park Trail, an area of outstanding natural beauty.

The Montclair is an independent living community designed for seniors looking for a hassle-free lifestyle. On-site staff is available 24/7 to monitor the emergency response system and provide housekeeping and home maintenance services. Residents can choose from studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments with a spacious kitchen or kitchenette, garbage disposal, washer and dryer and individual climate control.

A variety of daily activities, outings and events are designed for seniors to remain active, stay healthy, have fun and socialize with their peers.  Residents have access to the community amenities, which include a theater, a fitness center, a fully stocked library, landscaped grounds and a community sitting room with a piano. Scheduled transportation is provided for seniors to shop in the local area and attend medical appointments and community events.

Map of The Montclair