The Montclair

Reviews of The Montclair

Independent Living Reviews for The Montclair

July 21, 2016

By Don L

The Montclair is a little bit bigger with several things that I don’t think other places had, like an on-staff nurse there 24 hours a day and security used to monitor all the rooms, so if you don’t leave your room within 24 hours, they try to contact you. All the rooms and bathrooms have emergency pull strings. If you have a problem, you can pull it and the nurse will come and see what’s going on. The tour was good. They showed us a two-bedroom, which was reasonably sized. We’re both on Social Security and I have a small pension, but the two of us at The Montclair would cost $4,300 a month, and that’s if we don’t do anything else except live there. They have an exercise room and a pool table. They do schedule a lot of activities as far as I can tell from the literature we got. They do take trips every once in awhile.

June 28, 2016

By Relative218708

We liked The Montclair. It is very nice. The staff treats my relatives very well, and the food is very good. The staff is really accommodating, and everyone is very friendly.

June 18, 2016

By Fred833867

I liked The Montclair. It was nice, clean, and neat. It was a little bit expensive, but I guess they are all that way. They had different room sizes. We had lunch there, but I didn't like the particular food I had. It was right across the street from the hospital, and they will provide the transportation should I need to go to a doctor's appointment.

January 15, 2016

By Smcdaughter

My father has been at the Montclair for over 5 years and he loves it. We live on the east coast and visit as often as we can, but we are so grateful to have found the Montclair, here where he wants to live. Both his apartment and the common spaces are attractive and kept very nicely. They support the residents in many activities and trips and interests - trips to concerts and gardens and sports, bridge and games and singing and tai chi and movies and many more. The staff and the residents are just plain nice here - cheerful and joking and kind. They take good care of each other. The food is tasty and wholesome and there are many ways to get a little exercise. And if Dad is feeling under the weather, they are in close touch and can offer other kinds of support, such as meals in his apartment. The Montclair is a real find. I cannot imagine a nicer place for an older person to live. I thank them for being there for my 98 yea old father.

December 30, 2013

By Caring82066950

My dad is happy at The Montclair. It is a great place. I like best that they did all the paperwork for him, being a veteran, and got him qualified. In terms of activities, they have everything there. They have card games, bingo, etc. They have a TV room. They have great entertainment for their residents. They would have live music. They even have a grand piano in the center of the hallway where people can play and perform. They also take them out to shopping once a week. They take them to Branson, MO. They also have a church there onsite.

Costs for The Montclair

Cost of Continuing Care Retirement Community

Photos of The Montclair

Services and Amenities of The Montclair

• Continuing Care Retirement Community Starting At: $2350/month
  • Get Costs

About The Montclair

Just 10 minutes from downtown Springfield, MO, The Montclair offers easy access to all the amenities of this vibrant metropolitan city. From historical attractions such as Pythian Castle to an array of micro-breweries and wineries, Springfield has plenty to keep seniors busy during their retirement. Outdoor enthusiasts can explore the region's many trails, rivers and parks, including the Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Garden and the Ozark Park Trail, an area of outstanding natural beauty.

The Montclair is an independent living community designed for seniors looking for a hassle-free lifestyle. On-site staff is available 24/7 to monitor the emergency response system and provide housekeeping and home maintenance services. Residents can choose from studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments with a spacious kitchen or kitchenette, garbage disposal, washer and dryer and individual climate control.

A variety of daily activities, outings and events are designed for seniors to remain active, stay healthy, have fun and socialize with their peers.  Residents have access to the community amenities, which include a theater, a fitness center, a fully stocked library, landscaped grounds and a community sitting room with a piano. Scheduled transportation is provided for seniors to shop in the local area and attend medical appointments and community events.

Map of The Montclair