The Waterford at Ironbridge

Offers Independent Living

1131 E. Lakewood, Springfield, MO 65810
The Waterford at Ironbridge (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 8 days

2021 May Savings in Full Bloom! Please call the community for more details!

Reviews of The Waterford at Ironbridge

Independent Living Reviews for The Waterford at Ironbridge

September 09, 2016

By Big Band Fans

My Mom is almost 80 yrs old. We've been coming to Waterford's outreach events for the last two years as we prepare for what's around the corner for Mom's next step. What we found was a really nice facility with caring people. Mom's favorite event was the one with the live big band music. Of course we danced and had a great time. I think we'll continue to go these events so we can continue to meet the staff and have fun. And when the time is right I think this will probably be the place Mom picks. I know I would.

September 02, 2016

By MK462766

My father-in-law has only been at The Waterford at Ironbridge for four days, but so far, things look pretty good. He has a large one-bedroom that is maybe 650 square feet. The food is perfect. It seems like a really good place. It's very nice and clean. Everything here as far as I can tell is perfect.

December 30, 2015

By Caring Daughter-in-law2

My mother-in-law is at The Waterford at Ironbridge. Their staff is awesome. They assign little helpers for her that knock on her door and take her down to lunch and down to dinner and also showed her around. They have done an awesome job on that. They also have caregivers there that you can use if you need it. She is in a one bedroom apartment right now and it has a small kitchenette with a refrigerator, stove, as well as a microwave. They have different activities like they have a game room where they can go on and play games, a pool table, and they also have bingo. The dining room looks like a restaurant and they hand you a menu where you can order anything off the menu.

November 15, 2015

By Lesley2

I have toured The Waterford at Ironbridge, and they've been awesome. The people keep calling me back to get updates on Mom to see how she is doing, and if we need a place to stay, they have a guest facility that we could use. The apartments were very airy. They all had emergency pulls in case someone falls. They were all brand new, remodeled, and very nice and had good, thick, comfy carpets. The staff was super friendly. They answered every question I could think of and were really helpful. They had all kinds of activities indoors and also had shuttle buses to go places, like the casino, which all comes with your monthly rent. They have a main dining hall and three dining halls if you don't want to eat with a large group of people, and a special family dining room specifically set-up if you wanted to have a special Thanksgiving dinner with your kids.

October 31, 2015

By Bob115432250

The Waterford was a nice facility but a little more expensive. It was not large, but is in a very nice park-like setting. It is close to a hospital. The living area is very nice.

July 04, 2015

By Linda109724050

The Waterford was wonderful. Everyone, from the people living there to the people who worked there, was very helpful. There was always somebody saying, "Can we help you?" All the residents were telling us how wonderful the place was, and that we would love it. It was very clean, very neat, beautifully furnished, and had beautiful flowers and trees. It was almost like a home setting and was everything I was looking for. The one we were going to rent was a wonderful two-bedroom with plenty of room, and the kitchen was a little small, but she didn't need a kitchen because they have their own dining area there, which is a little breakfast nook. But other than that, they have large walk-in closets and large showers, so I was very pleased. It could have been a two-people place or a one-person place; you could even have three if you needed to. They even allowed us to have a meal there as we were doing our walk-through, just so we could taste and see what we thought. My mother and I both ate there; it was wonderful. They had a waitress that functioned just purposely for us and our surrounding tables, and she was very attentive. And the food was delicious. I did see everything that they allowed or offered for the residents to do, but I went on a day when there wasn't any activity scheduled. I believe it was a Saturday that I went, but the board was full of activities for them -- away from the place where they live as well as inside.

August 03, 2014

By Ronald Ray F

They are compassionate, caring and courteous while providing a very friendly environment. They go above and beyond to help with any situation that may arise.

May 20, 2014

By Portia1

I have researched The Waterford at Ironbridge through the Internet. I love the entrance where you go in. They have a welcoming guest sign right there at the front where you could see it, and the place was full of windows. It just looks so bright and cheerful. The rooms are really nice. They have a lot of activities, and we ate lunch, and I was impressed with the food. They have a nice salad bar. I talked to several of the residents, and they seemed comfortable, and they looked happy there. The staff are all very nice.

April 22, 2014

By Lisa66493850

The Waterford had the best social activities. They took their residents everywhere. They took those people to music shows and movies. They had the best social calendar for the residents; Mom really liked that, but the rooms were very small, and they were one of the most expensive. We liked the staff very much. They were friendly and they showed us around. They seemed to take their time with us to make sure we got to see everything we needed to see.

February 24, 2014

I moved at Waterford at Ironbridge. I like the food, they wash the linens and the towels, they vacuum and clean the floor weekly. The staff that worked there, it took me awhile to convince them that the residents are the most important people here and not the workers, but I finally did. The place is expensive and they will continue to raise it so I need to find another place because I'll definitely run out of money.

November 07, 2012

By Sue9

My mom likes it there. It was real big and it was kind of overwhelming for her. The apartments were very nice. The people there were very considerate. It's just that as time went on it just became too difficult for mom. She needed more help and they're not equipped to do that there because it's an independent facility. She was happy there before she progressed.

August 28, 2012

By timmy28

The waterford was a nice place for senior citizens to live. They have their own rooms with cable and , kitchen, walk in shower, bedroom, living room kitchen area. They can come and go as they please as it is a retirement community , not a nursing home. However you can as you grow older have a hospice or home care proffessional or family come to check on you. They offer transportation to almost anywhere, plus offer group rides to the grocery store/ wal mart etc. They offer three free meals a day and offer daily activities. The waterford cares about their residents and it is a family enviroment. Everyone becomes friends with one another and its a nice place to live. They also worked well with me if I had any questions regarding my grandfathers stay, and were promt and willing to help me. Would reccommend this place to any one who is getting older and cant keep up with a house or is alone and just wants to be among friends.

Photos of The Waterford at Ironbridge

Services and Amenities of The Waterford at Ironbridge

• Companion Suites: No
  • Housing Extra: Laundry Facilities, Storage

• Dining Extra: Hydration Stations With Fruit Infused Water , Monthly Candlelight Dinner.

• Features Extra: Library, Game Room, Small Pets Welcome, 24 Hour Staffing, Walking Path, On Site Therapy, Emergency Pendant

• Internet Enabled Rooms
  • Technology Extra: Wifi In Lobby

• Nurse On Staff: No

• Activities Extra: Cardio Kickboxing, Music Therapy, Birthday Parties, Pinochle,

• Financial Guidance Extra: None

• Vegetarian
  • Diet Extra: None

• Pets: Yes

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: Nurse Visits Can Be Provided By Our On Site Partner Phoenix Home Care.

• Range Of Services Extra: Companion Care, Personal Care Assistants, In Home Health, Medication Management Can Be Provided Our On Site Partner Phoenix Home Care. Therapy Servies Can Also Be Provided By Our On Site Partner Aegis.

Payment options

• Payment Options Extra: Ach

About The Waterford at Ironbridge

Put a spring in your step at The Waterford at Ironbridge. Our community offers Independent Living services in Springfield, Missouri. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to the exceptional services and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Apartments and common areas have been revitalized and now feature new carpeting and tiled entries. Residents will enjoy great views from three patios surrounding the building, or they can grab a bite to eat in the updated dining rooms. The expectations of beauty and comfort are set right from the moment residents enter our gorgeous lobby entrance or step into our game and activity rooms. We offer residents a vibrant lifestyle that encourages health and independence through innovative recreational, educational, health and wellness programs. Discover your new home and enjoy a community that encourages new friendships and personal growth at our Springfield, Missouri, Independent Living property.

Map of The Waterford at Ironbridge