The Waterford at Ironbridge

Reviews of The Waterford at Ironbridge

Independent Living Reviews for The Waterford at Ironbridge

June 18, 2019

By Bill

The Waterford at Ironbridge was a nice facility. The apartments weren't as big and didn't have in-apartment washer-and-dryer, so those were the two things that were a downside. There were two people who assisted us there. The lady who first showed us around was really good, thorough and helpful. The second person was also helpful, showed us everything we wanted and needed, and explained things well. The dining area was nice and the food was good. There were a lot of activities like workout, sewing, Bible studies, and crafts.

July 30, 2018

By John

I chose The Waterford at Ironbridge because it was clean, bright, it was nice, and the price was good. They have all the amenities you could ever want and I have no complaints. They have a lot of variety with activities, and I like them all.

May 25, 2017

By mary278245

I liked The Waterford, it's only 1-2 stories, and it's very beautiful. It's a very nice place to be, but the rooms were small.

October 20, 2016

By Claudia003713

The Waterford was really nice. The facility was just bright and pretty especially the common area. I thought I liked that the best of the commons areas that I liked. They had pretty standard rooms. We looked at one and two bedrooms. There were really clean, fresh, and simple. My husband had breakfast, and he liked what he had. I had their regular special for that day, and it was excellent. They had a really nice music room or activity room. They had a crafts room, and they had jigsaw puzzles that you could work on. Then, they had a special dining room that you could have your family had dinner with you. Then, they had the view of the golf course.

September 09, 2016

By Big Band Fans

My Mom is almost 80 yrs old. We've been coming to Waterford's outreach events for the last two years as we prepare for what's around the corner for Mom's next step. What we found was a really nice facility with caring people. Mom's favorite event was the one with the live big band music. Of course we danced and had a great time. I think we'll continue to go these events so we can continue to meet the staff and have fun. And when the time is right I think this will probably be the place Mom picks. I know I would.

September 02, 2016

By MK462766

My father-in-law has only been at The Waterford at Ironbridge for four days, but so far, things look pretty good. He has a large one-bedroom that is maybe 650 square feet. The food is perfect. It seems like a really good place. It's very nice and clean. Everything here as far as I can tell is perfect.

December 30, 2015

By Caring Daughter-in-law2

My mother-in-law is at The Waterford at Ironbridge. Their staff is awesome. They assign little helpers for her that knock on her door and take her down to lunch and down to dinner and also showed her around. They have done an awesome job on that. They also have caregivers there that you can use if you need it. She is in a one bedroom apartment right now and it has a small kitchenette with a refrigerator, stove, as well as a microwave. They have different activities like they have a game room where they can go on and play games, a pool table, and they also have bingo. The dining room looks like a restaurant and they hand you a menu where you can order anything off the menu.

November 15, 2015

By Lesley2

I have toured The Waterford at Ironbridge, and they've been awesome. The people keep calling me back to get updates on Mom to see how she is doing, and if we need a place to stay, they have a guest facility that we could use. The apartments were very airy. They all had emergency pulls in case someone falls. They were all brand new, remodeled, and very nice and had good, thick, comfy carpets. The staff was super friendly. They answered every question I could think of and were really helpful. They had all kinds of activities indoors and also had shuttle buses to go places, like the casino, which all comes with your monthly rent. They have a main dining hall and three dining halls if you don't want to eat with a large group of people, and a special family dining room specifically set-up if you wanted to have a special Thanksgiving dinner with your kids.

October 31, 2015

By Bob115432250

The Waterford was a nice facility but a little more expensive. It was not large, but is in a very nice park-like setting. It is close to a hospital. The living area is very nice.

July 04, 2015

By Linda109724050

The Waterford was wonderful. Everyone, from the people living there to the people who worked there, was very helpful. There was always somebody saying, "Can we help you?" All the residents were telling us how wonderful the place was, and that we would love it. It was very clean, very neat, beautifully furnished, and had beautiful flowers and trees. It was almost like a home setting and was everything I was looking for. The one we were going to rent was a wonderful two-bedroom with plenty of room, and the kitchen was a little small, but she didn't need a kitchen because they have their own dining area there, which is a little breakfast nook. But other than that, they have large walk-in closets and large showers, so I was very pleased. It could have been a two-people place or a one-person place; you could even have three if you needed to. They even allowed us to have a meal there as we were doing our walk-through, just so we could taste and see what we thought. My mother and I both ate there; it was wonderful. They had a waitress that functioned just purposely for us and our surrounding tables, and she was very attentive. And the food was delicious. I did see everything that they allowed or offered for the residents to do, but I went on a day when there wasn't any activity scheduled. I believe it was a Saturday that I went, but the board was full of activities for them -- away from the place where they live as well as inside.

May 20, 2014

By Portia1

I have researched The Waterford at Ironbridge through the Internet. I love the entrance where you go in. They have a welcoming guest sign right there at the front where you could see it, and the place was full of windows. It just looks so bright and cheerful. The rooms are really nice. They have a lot of activities, and we ate lunch, and I was impressed with the food. They have a nice salad bar. I talked to several of the residents, and they seemed comfortable, and they looked happy there. The staff are all very nice.

April 22, 2014

By Lisa66493850

The Waterford had the best social activities. They took their residents everywhere. They took those people to music shows and movies. They had the best social calendar for the residents; Mom really liked that, but the rooms were very small, and they were one of the most expensive. We liked the staff very much. They were friendly and they showed us around. They seemed to take their time with us to make sure we got to see everything we needed to see.

February 24, 2014

I moved at Waterford at Ironbridge. I like the food, they wash the linens and the towels, they vacuum and clean the floor weekly. The staff that worked there, it took me awhile to convince them that the residents are the most important people here and not the workers, but I finally did. The place is expensive and they will continue to raise it so I need to find another place because I'll definitely run out of money.

November 07, 2012

By Sue9

My mom likes it there. It was real big and it was kind of overwhelming for her. The apartments were very nice. The people there were very considerate. It's just that as time went on it just became too difficult for mom. She needed more help and they're not equipped to do that there because it's an independent facility. She was happy there before she progressed.

August 28, 2012

By timmy28

The waterford was a nice place for senior citizens to live. They have their own rooms with cable and , kitchen, walk in shower, bedroom, living room kitchen area. They can come and go as they please as it is a retirement community , not a nursing home. However you can as you grow older have a hospice or home care proffessional or family come to check on you. They offer transportation to almost anywhere, plus offer group rides to the grocery store/ wal mart etc. They offer three free meals a day and offer daily activities. The waterford cares about their residents and it is a family enviroment. Everyone becomes friends with one another and its a nice place to live. They also worked well with me if I had any questions regarding my grandfathers stay, and were promt and willing to help me. Would reccommend this place to any one who is getting older and cant keep up with a house or is alone and just wants to be among friends.

Questions about The Waterford at Ironbridge

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are located on the medical mile, close to James River Freeway with easy access to shopping and dining.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Waterford at Ironbridge has organized?

Our residents recently enjoyed a trip to the Springfield Art Museum. We have also enjoyed a few lunches around town at locations such a Mrs. Gilmores Tea room. We also had a great time at the Wild Animal Drive-Through Safari! We try to live our best life every day!

What transportation services does The Waterford at Ironbridge offer to independent living residents?

Transportation is provided Monday thru Friday for doctor visits, hair appointments, activities.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford at Ironbridge exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We offer a chef created menu that includes everything from home cooked basics to more gourmet items for special occasions. We also offer our everyday menu each day if the special's of the day do not appeal that day. This menu offers items for breakfast, lunch and dinner that everyone loves! Call to schedule a lunch or dinner tour! You will be glad you did!

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a library, game room, fitness room, large outdoor patio and grand lobby for residents to visit.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Ironbridge offer to independent living residents?

We have staff on-site 24/7 monitoring our facility and responding to any events.

If The Waterford at Ironbridge accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have walking paths around the entire community and plenty of seating under some shade trees to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.

Does The Waterford at Ironbridge work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We do have Phoenix home care on side who provide privately paid services in increments as little as 15 minutes to help our residents maintain their independence and age in place.

Photos of The Waterford at Ironbridge

Services and Amenities of The Waterford at Ironbridge

• Companion Suites: No
  • Housing Extra: Laundry Facilities, Storage

• Dining Extra: Hydration Stations With Fruit Infused Water , Monthly Candlelight Dinner.

• Features Extra: Library, Game Room, Small Pets Welcome, 24 Hour Staffing, Walking Path, On Site Therapy, Emergency Pendant

• Internet Enabled Rooms
  • Technology Extra: Wifi In Lobby

• Nurse On Staff: No

• Activities Extra: Cardio Kickboxing, Music Therapy, Birthday Parties, Pinochle,

• Financial Guidance Extra: None

• Vegetarian
  • Diet Extra: None

• Pets: Yes

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: Nurse Visits Can Be Provided By Our On Site Partner Phoenix Home Care.

• Range Of Services Extra: Companion Care, Personal Care Assistants, In Home Health, Medication Management Can Be Provided Our On Site Partner Phoenix Home Care. Therapy Servies Can Also Be Provided By Our On Site Partner Aegis.

Payment options

• Payment Options Extra: Ach

About The Waterford at Ironbridge

Put a spring in your step at The Waterford at Ironbridge. Our community offers Independent Living services in Springfield, Missouri. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to the exceptional services and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Apartments and common areas have been revitalized and now feature new carpeting and tiled entries. Residents will enjoy great views from three patios surrounding the building, or they can grab a bite to eat in the updated dining rooms. The expectations of beauty and comfort are set right from the moment residents enter our gorgeous lobby entrance or step into our game and activity rooms. We offer residents a vibrant lifestyle that encourages health and independence through innovative recreational, educational, health and wellness programs. Discover your new home and enjoy a community that encourages new friendships and personal growth at our Springfield, Missouri, Independent Living property.

Map of The Waterford at Ironbridge