Brandon Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Brandon Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Brandon Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

August 07, 2013

By Who will speak for Granny

My Grandmother lived at this facility for three weeks. Three weeks TOO LONG. After the first week, she began to tell me things that although sounded factual; I wanted to be certain of. I contacted the Attorney General's Office asking if it were legal to put a spy gam in her room. I was told that this was legal as long as it was not aimed facing the door. Grandma was in a private room. The camera I purchased resembled an alarm clock. There's no way that anyone would know its a camera without snooping around OR having a hidden device themselves. Within three days, I picked up enough on the camera to prove abuse/neglect. My Grandmother suffers from a femoral brake of her right leg. Caught on tape was an aide "slinging" her legs onto the bed, pulling her over on the bed BY HER NECK with one hand, giving her a SPONGE OFF on SHOWER day and washing her face with a washcloth that she had just used for her bottom. Grandma has a swallowing problem, but yet the aide would FILL her spoon and barely give her time to swallow. The call button was NOT within reach. There was NO ice or water left for her to have if she needed it. No matter WHAT time I visited, the same residents (at least six or seven) would be sitting along the wall in front of the nurses station; some awake propping themselves up; others hanging out of their wheelchairs. It was nothing for me to go by at 2am and find my Grandma lying in a soiled diaper. On video, there is one night where NO-ONE entered her room for almost SEVEN HOURS!! I was approached by the Administrator about four days after I placed the "clock.". He told me that "housekeeping was cleaning and came across what they believe is some type of camera device.". (right)....I admitted to having the camera in her room and the fact that I had asked the AG's Office. I was told that I needed to remove it instantly from the facility or remove my Grandmother. (Seems my camera made them a little nervous). I did remove the camera; only to keep peace until I found somewhere else for her to go. Fortunately though, three days later, my sweet Grandmother became very sick and I TOLD THEM I wanted her sent to the hospital. She was transferred and is still in the hospital with double pneumonia and congestive heart failure. I HAD Zto choose a rating star to move on. This is the ONLY resin I chose a one. Otherwise, I wouldn't have rated it at all.

Services and Amenities of Brandon Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

About Brandon Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Brandon Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Brandon, Mississippi that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Brandon Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Brandon Nursing and Rehabilitation Center