The Village at Rockville—A National Lutheran Community

9701 Veirs Drive, Rockville, MD 20850
The Village at Rockville—A National Lutheran Community (844) 334-3818

Top Nearby Continuing Care Retirement Community

Reviews of The Village at Rockville—A National Lutheran Community

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for The Village at Rockville—A National Lutheran Community

November 26, 2017

By upsetnurse

Be cautious at night for your loved one. My mother with me on the phone waited 1 hour for the light to be responded to only with calling with my other phone the desk in order for someone to respond. Daytime good care but night a concern.

March 23, 2017

By waltero

HORRIBLE. My relative with dementia went there for rehab and had no improvement. The rehab floor was very nice. Since she was not longer able to be home, we placed her in the nursing home unit in the dementia wing. It was a nightmare. The majority of the staff seem uninterested and patients were ignored by almost everyone. There was a C diff outbreak that went rampant before it was addressed by the state. Frequent falls, food sitting on trays for patients who could not feed themself. The food was atrocious. My mother did not survive very long there. The management were unresponsive. The PT staff do not seem to know how to work with dementia patients. We had to hire an aide for four hours a day to make sure my parent was cleaned and out of bed every day. At the rates they charge, there are terribly understaffed and need to be given time to take their notes, which seems to take more time than is spent with patients.

February 24, 2017

By svigilante

This review is for the rehab facility at eh Village at Rockville. My aunt was a patient there for just under 2 weeks. There were lots of little things that added up to what I would consider to be poor care. But the biggest ones that stand out are as follows: My aunt had an injury on her shin while on a wheelchair. I showed it to the nurse. She looked at it and did not react in any way. I asked her if she could dress it. She came back with a bandaid and just literally slapped it on without cleaning or putting any cream on. She seemed harried and like she didn't want to be bothered with it. Consequently the injury did not heal well and they had to redress it properly after the fact. The injury should have been seen by a doctor to begin with. LACK OF COMPASSION!! I had pointed out to the nurse upon her arrival that she had a sore on her heel and she complained a lot about the pain. She elevated the heal, but I don't think any other care was given beyond that. But apparently this got worse during her stay turning into a nasty draining sore...perhaps because she was a in bed too much???? I arrived to visit my aunt at 2 pm on Thursday, February 16. I was shocked to find my aunt still in bed. She had her lunch sitting on a tray untouched and OUT OF REACH. She wanted to get out of bed. When I asked the nurse about it, she told me that she didn't want to get out of bed. I don't consider this an excuse coming from a patient with dementia and BED SORES. It took an hour to get anyone to come over and get her out. Today the discharge process was a disaster. It seemed like everyone was involved, but nobody knew what was going on. Paperwork was being done when it should have been done prior to my scheduled time to pick her up. I arrived at 11:50 (ten minutes before scheduled time), and at 1:00, we were still waiting for the paperwork. I finally just left. VERY SLOPPY!!! Finally, a few days after her discharge, I got a call from a physical therapy company to set up her at home PT and they informed me that she had a fall at this facility during her stay. I was never informed about this incident. UNACCEPTABLE!!! I wrote to the Director of Nursing and General Manager and have yet to speak to them about these incidents. Just a quick response from one of them acknowledging receipt of email. Poor follow up!

October 04, 2016

By Tess128870

I like National Lutheran a lot, and I thought they were very good. The rooms were very clean, large, and attractive. It feels like a home environment with a lot of personal space. I saw they had a calendar of activities. The dining area reminded me of a cafeteria style eatery. Residents would order from the men, pay for it, and go find a table where they could sit and eat. I wish we could have used them.

January 27, 2016

By Hgm

We have had a terrible experience at the rehab facility for my mother. The communication is non existent with our family and the care is average at best. My mother has cognitive impairments from brain surgery and they are totally not engaged with providing appropriate care. The team members including the attending physician and social worker take over a week to return phone calls. Totally unacceptable.

January 09, 2015

The Village at Rockville was very nice, and the people were very kind and nice. The only thing is that they had a 5-year waiting list for the cottage that I wanted. I ate in the cafeteria, and the food is very good. They have gardens, and they have little cottages. It’s nice because you have your own entrance.

December 09, 2014

By NancyMinister

Excellent service; lovely campus. My father was in independent living here for over 10 years. He used their Rehab facilities and then moved into Assisted Living. I was also a patient in Rehab. Most of the main building has been remodeled. The rooms are beautiful. The service and nursing care is top notch. I could not say enough about how wonderful the care is there.

April 28, 2014

By samdelstorm

My mother moved in to this community (independent living) over a year ago. We love it! I cannot say enough good things about this place. The full time admin staff are engaged, enthusiastic, and respectful. Very accommodating, too, to the many "hiccups" we've had with my mom. Of the 12 palces I researched and/or visited in this area, this was the best in terms of buy in price (low compared to all else), quality for what you pay (on par with places 3 times more expensive), and true independence. There are no required meals, no paying $4,000/month in fees on top of buy in price for things you may not use. It is all very a la carte. Monthly fee we're paying is approx. $400 - unheard of any place else I checked. Yes, some of the buildings and rooms are older, but they are truly doing a space to space renovation. The new facilities are modern, top line. The independent living units are being remodeled from carpet to tiles to cabinets. The landscaping is established and filled in, not just newly planted seedlings, so the neighborhood feels like a neighborhood, not a facility. There are clubs, activities, and events for everyone. The residents all do seem to get along well and are a lively bunch. My mother is one of the younger ones there, but she still feels at home. There is a hairdresser and general practitioner office on site. The cafeteria is newly renovated and fine for the incredibly low price. Not gourmet dining, but certainly has options and is nutritious. I highly recommend this community, at least based on our independent living experience!

June 14, 2013

By Helen13

Mom was at The Village at Rockville and we liked their services very much. It's a brand new facility and we've just been very happy because my mother loves the food. She likes the care and the attention that she is getting.

January 04, 2013

I was in a crucial point in terms of my husband and I wanted to move ahead of any crisis. I want to make the move the next best thing we were doing in our living arrangements. We lived in Rockville, Maryland at one time. But what was available at The Village was not the size that we wanted. We could have gone in there to a smaller place and then waited for a larger spot to open, but my husband felt the room was very small. He spends a lot of time inside rather than outside, so I do not want him to be uncomfortable. And that was sort of the deciding factor.

June 22, 2012

By brittanydickerson44

I found that the facility was very close-knit and well-kept. The people were very friendly and many of the residents seemed to get along well with each other. The facility has a good location that allows for its residents to live a relatively free life in a secure, but not quarantined, environment. The facility also hosts a myriad of activities ranging from those aligned with the Lutheran faith to secular activities with guest speakers and other community members. I liked how many different services the Lutheran Home provided, as it offered services for retirement, assisted living, rehab and rehabilitation, and hospice care. I found the Lutheran Home to be a welcoming environment as all of the staff members appeared to be welcoming, caring, and dedicated to assisting their residents and insistent on involving the outside community through volunteers and various festivals and events. Ultimately, I felt that the Lutheran Home was a great environment for senior citizens, as it provides them with the care they need without stripping them of their freedom and independence.

June 20, 2012

By OBXBeachDog

The overall look and feel of this ageing facility isn't bad when you walk in the front door. Very nice as a matter of fact BUT when you walk down the halls into the rooms they are very old and dated. I must be up front"¦they are in the mist of remodeling the enter building and the floor top floor that has been completed is wonderful. So why the bad rating"¦the staff and care my father received was downright horrible!!! Some of the staff (a very small number) are well educated nurses, BUT the most were careless and unwilling to give proper care or even follow doctors' orders. My father received multiple bed sores (he is a quadriplegic) and the wound care nurse flat out refused to follow the doctor's orders and did her own thing for his care. He continued to receive more bed sores and until threatened with a law suit decided to order the correct bed to improve his condition. My father continued to complain about pains until the staff sent him to the ER one night. While he was at the ER they discharged him and gave his room away AND would not allow him to return unless he agreed to sign a waiver to not sue the facility"¦..Needless to say he is no longer at this horrible facility.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (13) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of The Village at Rockville—A National Lutheran Community

About The Village at Rockville—A National Lutheran Community

For over 100 years we have provided an environment of loving care in a vibrant atmosphere that is unmatched. Our Continuing Care Care Community offers today's seniors the oppurtunity to live life to the fullest.

National Lutheran Home & Village at Rockville Housing Types