Collingswood Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Collingswood Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Collingswood Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Collingswood Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

January 30, 2021

By Horrible place calls unanswered no phones in family members room

This place should be shut down immediately!!! My family member’s health deteriorated here. I’m glad he’s no longer at this place. They have no compassion for families. We can’t visit or talk to our loved ones in this facility. My family member never had a working phone in his room. I could never reach anyone. His belongings were lost with each move. He got moved from room to room without any notice. He’s in the hospital being treated for many neglectful things they were supposed to provide care for! He is traumatized! He described them as evil people! DO NOT PUT YOUR LOVED ONES IN THIS HORRIFIC PLACE!!

January 28, 2021

By Mr. Martin

My mother-in-law was a resident at Collingswood for several years. The grounds were well kept. Her room was always clean. The staff was very friendly and attentive; from front office and administration, to nursing, maintenance, kitchen staff and aides. There were always activities and things for residents to do. There was never an issue with keeping in touch about her care. When she passed, staff was compassionate and caring. I would definitely recommend Collingswood.

January 25, 2021

By AvaJoi

I will come back to write more. I will admit right now I am extremely upset. During this time with Covid family is not allowed to see patients and THIS facility decided to move my mother into a room with no phone. When we call we are transferred to the nurse's station and WHEN the phone is answered (usually after 10 or more minutes) family is dismissed to call back. I will admit (and share more later) weekends are the worse for patients and family. It is outrageous I've gone over 24 hrs without knowing what is going on with mother or speaking to her. Again this is just the beginning of my issues with this place. I am not giving the staff a terrible rate because there are a few (very few, again the weekends are worse) who are caring and professional.

December 01, 2020

By Disatisfied Family

Our brother, who was dying of cancer, spent the last days of his life under the care of Montgomery Hospice (MH) at Collingswood. Mentally, he was lucid and coherent. He completely understood where he was and why and could easily express his thoughts. Physically, he was skin and bones and very weak. We feel the care provided was terrible. Here are some examples of the behavior exhibited by the staff: - Our brother had to call home (more than once) and ask us to call the nurse's station for help because they would not respond to the call button (30+ minutes). - He had a colostomy bag that burst because the pressure build-up (a long process) was not relieved as required on a regular basis. As a result, he was lying in feces until a staff member showed up. - Within our brother’s earshot, some staff members laughed at how boney his arms were. - Meds were not always given on time, sometimes not at all. On one occasion, MH intervened and got him an approved drug, yet staff did not administer the medication. We called the nurse’s station and asked why it was not administered, and the response was a nonchalant, "I don't know." - He was very weak and would ask for a plastic cup to urinate in since the plastic urinal container was difficult for him to use. He was trying to avoid soiling the bed and/or floor. The staff said no because cups are for drinking. The issue was finally resolved after we asked for help from MH. - His blanket fell on the floor. The staff member in the room ignored his request for help, left the blanket on the floor and walked out. - While talking on the phone, friends heard some of the conversations between our brother and staff. When he politely asked for assistance, the staff argued and yelled at him, then left. Lastly, we had problems reaching the finance office as no one returns calls. Once again, we had to ask MH to intervene and help resolve a simple issue. There appear to be a few caring and compassionate staff members but not enough to recommend using this facility. Also, when staff members refuse to give their names, it is difficult to recognize those who do their jobs well. Bottom line - our family DOES NOT RECOMMEND Collingswood to anyone. No one deserves the treatment our brother received.

August 11, 2020

By mojhtfhbv

horrifying, filthy, dirty, inattentive staff.

December 10, 2019

By blount

I have a family member who was in rehab, not a good experience. Complained about shortage of staff to care fo rthe patients, not answering call bell when ringing. Facility very clean meals not bad but the shortage of staff is a big issue.

June 30, 2019

By Bundle

Mixed bag: Almost all staff were caring and worked hard. The problem is, there aren't enough of them--especially on weekends--resulting in long waits for meds and occasional mix-ups. Therapy is a strength here. Food is deficient in appeal, nutrition quality and quantity (in two weeks here I never saw a piece of fresh fruit). It's hard to imagine someone getting well with their food.

March 29, 2017

By famiglia

Eight years ago this was the facility to bring your loved one to. Not anymore!!! My loved one came here for minor rehabilitation following a knee injury. He should have been discharged within 1 week. It's now week 3 and he is still there. He became sicker and weak and fragile because of neglect. The nursing staff submitted crucial labwork 7 days after ordered. Diet was never changed. They seem to only go through the motion to get through their shift. The social worker is poor, does not return phone calls. Everything is a procrastination with this facility and therefore residence get sicker and weaker. I do not recommend this facility any longer.

November 12, 2016

By S. White

My father was at Collingswood for about five weeks after suffering a stroke. Our overall impression of Collingswood was very positive. The rehabilitation staff was truly wonderful, very professional, upbeat, and hard working. They absolutely could not have worked harder to hasten my father's recovery. He also enjoyed working with them. The nursing staff did a great job especially considering their work load. He always got his medications and care on time. They were friendly and engaged my father in conversation. It was wonderful to have the dialysis center on site. The schedule got changed around a couple of times and that affected our visiting schedule but we just had to check and see when he was scheduled for dialysis and work around it. The administrative staff was also very friendly and helpful and took time explaining insurance and medicare coverage.

February 23, 2016

By Jennifer L1

My grandmother was in Collingswood, and they were very good. If she has a problem and has to go somewhere again, we're definitely going to try for there. The staff’s really nice, very knowledgeable, and caring. She was on a special wattage diet, but she said the food was OK. They had special activities, but she really didn’t want to go to most of them. They’re also a nursing home.

August 26, 2015

Nurses are not professional, many of them do not seem to care about their job and their responsibilities. The patients always look miserable, there is just a very negative vibe the second you walk into the facility. The only genuine staff are most of the administrators and the people up front. Most of the nurses are not from America and therefore care little for the lives they are caring for. I do not recommend putting anyone in this facility and would not be surprised to see it shut down within the next few years or so.

February 05, 2015

By gladys123

Please don't subject anyone you love to this facility. The care is sub-par, the professional staff very disagreeable, and the billing process a nightmare.

December 06, 2013

By juliaz

My husband was there for less than 24 hours. The night we checked in, the respiratory therapist had not connected his oxygen, and he almost went unconscious. The next morning, I found him lying in a bed that needed to be changed. That afternoon, I found him unconscious and he was rushed to the hospital.

January 20, 2012

By ck912

The Collingswood nursing home in Rockville is where my grandfather stayed before he passed away. From what I remember, the place was always very clean and seemed to be a nice place for him. I visited almost daily and the people who worked there were also always friendly, saying hello to me as I walked in. When I was visiting and a nurse came in to give my grandfather medication or food, she also was always in a good mood, which was nice. The staff seemed to be upbeat or even if it was later in the day, they still had a positive mood that they carried. The only negative comment I would have is that there didn't seem to be much entertainment or activities available for the residents of the nursing home. Of course, this could also be because I visited later in the evening everyday when the activities were over. It just seemed like there wasn't much for the residents to do other than stay in their room and watch occasional TV. The TV in the residents' rooms were also extremely tiny- they probably could have been a little bigger especially because in nursing homes, many residents have eyesight troubles. On the whole, however, I felt that this was a very nice facility that my grandfather was able to stay at.

Services and Amenities of Collingswood Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Collingswood Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Collingswood Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is a senior living provider in Rockville, Maryland that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Collingswood Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Collingswood Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center