Sunrise of Lenexa

Reviews of Sunrise of Lenexa

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Lenexa

December 16, 2015

By Visitor18

Sunrise of Lenexa is very nice but very expensive. The staff are wonderful. My sister and brother like the food being served to them. The reason why we chose this facility is because it is very near their children’s house.

July 20, 2015

By Stuart7

My mother fell and broke her ankle. She has been in Sunrise of Lenexa since the end of March, and she is going to be there indefinitely. The staff is excellent, and they're doing what they can -- no problems at all. They do arts, finger painting, exercises, visiting musicians, and sing-alongs. They keep her pretty busy. For what it is, I'm happy with that.

March 19, 2015

By Becky30

My dad had lived in Sunrise of Lenexa for his assisted living until the time he fell. He was there for six months. They employed people who really care about their patients. The food is good. The facility is well maintained. They have some flaws and really there's no place that gets a perfect 5. Even if I were caring for my dad in my own home I wouldn't give myself a 5 because we are all human and we make mistakes and get tired, but I thought their promises at the beginning during the sales part of things were really followed through. I thought they did a good job of giving what they said they could give.

December 26, 2014

By Margaret48

Sunrise was very nice. They have flexible terms. If you needed a short-term stay or a longer term stay, you could tailor the services to meet the need, therefore the pricing structure was nice. They didn't have that many activities. They have an activity room, and they have yoga. My mom is doing great now, but it's our top choice if we need to move my mom.

February 14, 2014

Sunrise was beautiful but they were doing some constructions at that time. The rooms were real nice and clean. Everything about it was sufficient. I ended up not taking it though because it was expensive.

November 25, 2013

Mom loves it at Sunrise of Lenexa. They made her feel needed, wanted and valuable as a person. They treat their people with dignity. The food and activities are fantastic. They take them out on the bus. Today, she is going on a scenic tour. Her room is always very clean, very well kept and trash is emptied everyday at 3. It does not smell. They have a wonderful menu. They had a Halloween party and residents gave candy out to little children that came and trick or treated, which was fun.

October 11, 2013

By Marcia10

Everything they did at Sunrise was great. Even at the end because my father ended up dying there, they were just tremendous. They loved him and he loved them the whole time. He was 95 and it was a challenge for him being in a place like that but the staff was more accommodating and always kept me informed if there were any changes on his medication. They were very good about all that stuff.

March 08, 2012

By commercesd

The Sunrise of Lenexa assisted living facility was recommended by a friend in the region as an option for our aunt. The outside area resembled a well maintained condo building. The interior design was lovely with gorgeous views throughout. There was bright light everywhere. From sight seeing to nature walks and cultural events, Lenexa has a lot to offer in and around its community. The staff appeared to accommodate all levels of ambulation. The staff often takes residents on many outings into region to enjoy all that it has to offer. For exercise, the residents enjoy yoga and aerobics classes, sometimes held outdoors. Seniors are encouraged to enjoy physical activity as much as possible. The dining areas offered the kind of food that you would find in a four star restaurant. The meal we saw looked and smelled delicious. The menus included food options for all kinds of diets. Residents may eat in the dining room or cook for themselves. Private units featured beautifully decorated surroundings, all with beautiful views. Each had a great deal of natural light and fresh air, through large windows. Each unit was equipped with what the residents needed to live well. They offer a range of care for Alzheimer's, short term and respite care, so that they can easily adjust their services for residents as needed. The seniors appeared content here, with just the amount of care and attention they needed in a lovely senior living community.

Photos of Sunrise of Lenexa