Oak Woods Manor

Oak Woods Manor (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Oak Woods Manor

Independent Living Reviews for Oak Woods Manor

November 13, 2016

By Not a place on my list anymore

I toured here and it smelled. The director seemed very unprofessional as he was telling distasteful jokes in the hallway. I revisited a couple of times and talked to some residents they said its OK. I have decided to take my parents elsewhere
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The team at Oak Woods Manor takes great pride in both our beautiful facility and the care we provide to our residents on a daily basis. As such we are truly sorry you did not have a wonderful experience when you first toured our community, but were glad to hear in follow-up visits you heard positive feedback from our residents. While we would have loved your parents to live in our community, we wish them much happiness in their new home.

November 13, 2016

By kbearperk

I visited Oak Woods Manor looking for a place for my mother in law. I found Oak Woods a perfect community. The staff was very friendly and caring. We had lunch and the variety of the menu truly surprised me compared to other facilities we've been to. The dining room was clean and staff was attentive. After our tour the Executive Director sat us down and was very detailed about the care my mother in law would receive and all the options available for her. Sadly my mother in law took a turn for the worst and wasn't able to move in. I will keep Oak Woods Manor in mind when a family member or friend asks about a safe competent retirement community for a lover one.

November 11, 2016

By ispy

I recently helped a elderly lady locate a new place to live at Oak Woods Manor...her name is Ann, she is 77 and she told me that she is so happy in her new apartment, the food is good and the staff is very kind, understanding and helpful. She said she would recommend Oak woods to anyone.

May 10, 2016

By Judy123628150

I visited Oak Woods Manor and this is where I would have wanted my dad. First choice. It was a little bit nicer and their food is a little bit better, and the activities were awesome. We were invited for lunch so we could see what the meals were all about, and holy Toledo, their food was excellent and the prices were way less than where my dad is now. Unfortunately, we would have waited and then the only opening they would have had available right away was on the second floor and my dad has dementia, so I wanted a ground floor area where the doors can be kept open if they want and it was one cricular area that even if you had dementia or Alzheimers, you know that you wouldn't get lost that much. It's an assisted living place. From the little bit that I saw, the staff was very professional. I loved the director and what I liked about them is their activities. They had some awesome activities and I got to see a couple of them. They had hands-on, they were making bird-feeders and another project they were going to do was a spring wreath. The ideas were just really nice.

May 10, 2016

By AMDMWMO

My sister is in Oak Woods Manor. The staff is excellent and has been amazing to her. The living quarters are very clean and well kept. They painted the walls and put a new carpet in for her. It's a really nice one-bedroom. She is on the second floor and has a little patio. She's really happy. It's smaller, but it doesn't seem that small. The dining room is wonderful, like restaurant-style, and she loves it there. She said the food is excellent. The social recreation is good. She has made quite a few friends already. She is doing bingo and exercise class, which she is really enjoying. This is the most economical option for her pension.

March 27, 2015

By Sue101155350

I went to Oak Woods Manor, and it was just a very brief visit. It was a beautiful place which I couldn’t afford. The people were great. It was nice and clean. If you could afford it, go for it.

December 15, 2014

Oak Woods Manor is a nice facility, but the problem is they do not have any medical personnel on-staff. That was definitely not a place for my father at that point in time. It is in a wooded setting. It looked clean and cheerful. It was not perhaps the most modern -- a little dated looking -- but we liked it there. They offered outings and excursions. They had a big nice dining room with table cloths. The rooms were nicely sized, not huge.

September 27, 2014

I’ve been living in Oak Woods for about a year. It is not far from the drugstore, grocery store, the laundry mat, and the bank. Everybody is very friendly. It’s pretty clean, and we do get really good meals. The staff is quite professional. There are no arguments with the staff, and they help out people when they’re needed. Everybody has been really good. The ones that live next door to me are also satisfied.

Photos of Oak Woods Manor

Services and Amenities of Oak Woods Manor

About Oak Woods Manor

Oak Woods Manor offers compassionate senior care in La Porte, IN. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Oak Woods Manor shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in La Porte, IN.

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system