StoryPoint Chesterton

Assisted Living Reviews for StoryPoint Chesterton

Independent Living Reviews for StoryPoint Chesterton

June 29, 2021

By Allison Cath

Story Point provides everything my family could ask for the care of Mom. The facility is beautifully designed and comfortable. The staff is attentive and truly cares about Mom's well-being. Chef Brian and his staff are wonderful...the food is excellent and there are so many options for the residents to choose from. The activities are creative and too numerous to list. I highly recommend Story Point as a top-notch senior living facility.

March 31, 2021

By halminatorcate

Story Point has been a great place for mom! She loves the food and the people. Everyone is so very kind and helpful! The apartment is perfect in size for mom and is Nicely done. The whole building is beautiful with a home feeling.

March 22, 2021

By Eloise

StoryPoint Chesterton was very nice. The price is kind of high, and the apartment is very small. You can walk around anywhere, but the living quarters itself, for a one-bedroom is pretty small, compared to what I have right now, but their room comes furnished. Although you have a bedroom, a living room, and a bathroom, in the long run, you would prefer to live in a home where there's a little more room. The facility is very nice. They have wonderful sitting areas, a fireplace, piano, meeting room, exercise room, but no swimming pool. In the apartment they had a washer and dryer, and a kitchen. It's a very lovely community. It's beautiful. They do a temperature check, and only two guests are allowed to come in at a time, When you live there they have a computer area, WIFI area, and all kinds of stuff.

Hi Eloise, Thank you for taking the time to review StoryPoint Chesterton! We are so glad you found our community to be beautiful and that you appreciate our amenities. Based on your review, it sounds like you toured our one-bedroom model apartment. We have many different floor plans for one-bedrooms as well as two-bedrooms. They all range in size and price depending on each person's needs and preferences. If you have any additional questions or feedback, please reach out to our Executive Director, Courtney Fokianos, by calling. Thank you again for touring our community.

March 12, 2021

By JHazan

The last year has been a challenging one for all. Some of us had the added challenge of managing issues around our aging parents which I quickly learned was overwhelming. That is until I discovered StoryPoint Chesterton (Indiana.) I knew with minutes of arriving for my tour of StoryPoint Chesterton, this was the place for my father. And they did not disappoint! The complex itself is beautifully appointed and cared for. The apartments are spacious and well-thought out. There are activities that appeal to a wide-variety of interests and likes. The food service is outstanding – great variety and consistently delicious meals. And the cleanliness of StoryPoint Chesterton far exceeds anyone’s expectations. Above all, the staff is remarkable! The care, compassion, concern and good cheer shared, by what I affectionately call Team StoryPoint, towards the residents is unbeatable. Their hard work and dedication extends far beyond the residents of StoryPoint Chesterton. The same care, compassion, concern and good cheer is provided to the family and friends of their residents. Team StoryPoint has quickly transitioned from being friends to becoming family for my father, his relatives and friends. Much credit has to be given to the leadership of StoryPoint Chesterton – it’s clear that the day-to-day philosophy expected of staff is to always go above and beyond to ensure that the residents, their families and friends are well taken care of. Most importantly, my father is extremely happy living at StoryPoint Chesterton – anyone would be! Indeed, the last year has been a challenging one but due to the professionalism and expertise of Team StoryPoint, life was made a lot easier for my father and his family and we remain very grateful. If you find yourself in need of a safe, secure, caring, fun and well-managed senior living option for a loved one – go to StoryPoint Chesterton. As I said, they do not disappoint!

March 09, 2021

By KathyMurph

My parents moved into Story Point almost two years ago. It was a fantastic move for them. Everyone who works there is so helpful and caring and they made the transition as smooth as could be for my folks. The support my parents received through my dad's illness and passing was invaluable to our family. My mom is so happy there and we are thrilled that she's in such a good spot. The staff at Story Point couldn't be any better - they absolutely care about their residents and go way above and beyond to meet their needs, help them feel comfortable and keep them active, engaged and having fun. Highly, highly recommend!

February 22, 2021

By Audrey

The personnel of the facility is fantastic. They are here to help us no matter the problems or task. The attitude of the workers is always positive.

February 07, 2021

By Mike Alcala

I was able to visit my mother in a good, safe & comfortable environment for the first week and a half of her moving in to a beautiful & clean studio apartment. The building & professionalism of all employees, (administrative, nursing, medical, maintenance, day & night NAs, professional Chef staff, visiting professionals, etc) left me with the best first impression I’ve received in many years. Many Thanks & May God Bless you all.

September 19, 2019

By David P.

What makes Storypoint a success is the staff. You get the feeling of extended family when you visit. The apartments are very nice,the food is upper class and the activities are perfect for the residents.

By Tony.Vieceli

Lots to offer here. The staff is all very friendly and helpful with the difficulty of convincing a parent or loved one to adjust to this move. My Mom is in the "Extended Care" wing of StoryPoint, and it offers everything I was looking for. My Mom can still make decisions, she just needs a little more help right now than I can offer her myself. StoryPoint and Laurus fill in the void I cannot take care of and then some without being overly restricting or invasive for her. Communication is great. Every time I visit, I get a quick update on how Mom is doing from an outside perspective which is great. Their viewpoint is one without the personal bias I have, so it is informative and keeps me in touch with what's going on while I'm not there. StoryPoint goes above and beyond in making their residents happy and healthy. The meals are beyond wonderful, the activities and events are pretty plentiful and enjoyable, and the atmosphere is comfortable and relaxed. It's very much like a resort in many ways more than a senior living facility. If you're looking for a place for yourself or a loved one where there are activities, transportation, events, and delicious meals available, whether you're completely independent or need a little extra help, take a tour and you'll be impressed. Trusting the people at StoryPoint with my Mom's day-to-day safety, health, and happiness came much easier than I ever expected.

By Brenda Lileikis

I loved the commortorie and knowing when you're alone it is a relief to share meals with others in a loving and caring environment.

By Dennis Lileikis

I was surprised at how clean and orderly the community was. The food service was excellent and the food delicious.

September 17, 2019

By Shameonya

Great atmosphere. Beautiful community. I would have my parents move in today. The food was outstanding and staff is so pleasant and welcoming.

September 16, 2019

By Patti T

Story Point is an awesome independent living home got my father-in-law. There are so many activities daily that he can participate in at Story Point. The food is truly five star. We love visiting. The staff is always welcoming and have smiles on their faces. You can tell they enjoy their vocations.

September 16, 2019

By kevin masten

Story Pointe has provided my mother a truly fantastic environment. The staff are highly caring and supportive of the residents. The activities, food and casual common areas provide daily opportunities to engage with other residents to create a community. I couldn't be happier or more thankful for the Chesterton staff.

July 25, 2019

By Larry Davis

The tour is very informative and helpful. I was guided by a very nice young man who knew his stuff! The rooms are spacious and has everything that my mom would need!

October 31, 2018

By Teresa

Overall, StoryPoint Chesterton has the whole society, the socialization that I'm looking for, with options for medical help. The representatives and a few of the staff members were all very professional and I just loved the atmosphere. It's a perfect location, located next door to all of my doctors and a hospital facility. It's just a short distance to malls, movie theaters and YMCA. They have a schedule itinerary for a full day of different activities. Transportation is also provided and included in the price so there's no fee. The food is chef-prepared. The place is brand new.

Costs for StoryPoint Chesterton

Photos of StoryPoint Chesterton

Services and Amenities of StoryPoint Chesterton

• Minimum Age: None

About StoryPoint Chesterton

Welcome to StoryPoint Chesterton! This isn’t just a place to reside — it’s a place where our community members truly shine, and we are glad to share this experience with them. Our senior living options include independent living and enhanced living. Throughout each service level, we strive to make every moment of every day something special. We know it’s the small details in life that make a difference. Every resident becomes a part of our family, and we work with each of them at their pace to create the experiences they want. StoryPoint Chesterton is a place where residents can truly Shine. Everyday.

I

ndependent Living

Independent living is designed for individuals who want the privacy of an apartment home with the added benefits senior living offers: meals, housekeeping, maintenance, transportation, activities, group outings, fitness programs, educational seminars and more.

Enhanced Living

A bridge between independent and assisted living, enhanced living is designed to promote the greatest level of independence for individuals who need a little extra help. It includes all the benefits of independent living plus the peace of mind that comes with affordable, custom personal care packages that can be tailored to individual needs.

Community Amenities

• Professionally Cooked Meals • Open Concept Residence Floor Plans • Wheelchair Convenience • Walk-in Showers With Support Features • All Services/Utilities (Except Telephone) • Shuttle Transportation Service • Apartments With Private Outdoor Spaces • Monthly Activity Calendars and Fitness Classes • Residence Maintenance • Biweekly Cleaning Service • Weekly Linen Laundry Service • Beauty and Barbershop Services • Walking Areas • Wi-Fi Connection • Pet Care • And More!

Map of StoryPoint Chesterton