Robin Run Village Indianapolis, IN

Offers Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

5354 West 62nd St., Indianapolis, IN 46268
Robin Run Village (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Robin Run Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Robin Run Village

June 10, 2016

By Carole606345

I am in Robin Run and love it. I am comfortable, and have friends and a two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment with a very nice view. The staff is very good to me. I get hugs all of the time. The food is good. I get one meal a day, and it’s plenty. The service is very good. I just have oatmeal for breakfast and there's enough food to bring up for supper, so I can bring a little salad and a piece of the meat. I don't eat as much for lunch as what they serve, but I have put on weight since I moved here. It's one of the nicer places to move to.

August 27, 2015

By Jannean

At Robin Run Village, the rooms were larger; they were still shared, but they had more space. The layout of the rooms was much better so that residents would have a little privacy and a little dignity space. Also, out of all facilities we visited, Robin Run Village seemed to have their patients more active. They have an activities director keeping the patients active and their minds alert.

May 12, 2015

By Traci2

The upkeep of Robin Run was very good. Everybody was very nice and very helpful. There was definitely a community feeling, and they have a lot of activities for the residents. The apartments were very nice. They were newer, so that made them a little more attractive.

April 17, 2015

By Sue105386450

The staff was incredibly nice, friendly, and helpful. Everybody that we talked to was extremely helpful. The rooms were beautiful with quite a wide choice of styles and sizes. My mom chose a two-bedroom and Robin Run completely renovated the apartment before the move in date. My mom got to choose the color of the paint and the carpet and some new appliances were put in. They did a fabulous job. I had a meal with my mom and it was absolutely A+. The dining room is very pretty, large, and open, and it has a view to the outside, so there’s a lot of light. It’s setup very conveniently. They will come and take your order for food. It’s like a real sit down restaurant. The facility has everything you need right under one roof. There are many activities every day; they’ll take you anywhere that you need to go--to doctor's appointments or to the store. Onsite there is a library, beauty salon, work-out room, bistro, and a bank. It is a very lovely place that is clean, attractive and nicely furnished in the common areas. The person in sales who was our main contact was absolutely the kindest, most helpful, and friendliest person. I felt like she really did care about my mom. It wasn't just the job she had to do. She went out and visited my mom personally before the move, talked to her, and helped her every step of the way. This personal attention helped her to feel comfortable with such a big change. Robin Run gave mom a $2500 credit toward moving and even supplied a fabulous moving company that packed up, moved, and then unpacked everything. The place is absolutely safe, and she feels very secure. The best recommendation is that she is so happy and I don't have to worry about her. I have been in several other places, but I like this one the best.

February 26, 2015

By Charles103137450

Robin Run is nice, but it's very pricey. We thought it was more than we're going to be able to handle, but they have all kinds of activities. I remember they are tied up with a golf course. Of course they have to pay for a fee, but it's not a regular fee.

January 15, 2015

By Frank34

Robin Run is an excellent facility, and it pretty much nailed all my wants and desires. I thought it was very good. It was a very complete facility; they had everything. The staff was excellent and very cooperative. They were spotless, and the staff was very knowledgeable.

March 31, 2014

By Caring79962050

My wife's aunt lived in Robin Run Village. They were garden homes. There was not much yard but there was a kitchen, a living room, a couple of bedrooms, a bathroom and a little screened-in porch. People came and mowed the lawn and shoveled the sidewalks. There was a garage and they had a car there. It was really nice, they were new. There was a pond out back with ducks and there were two elderly sisters that were living together. They were expensive though, way out of my mom's price bracket.

August 15, 2013

By oldest kid

This was a large facility with many amenities. Everything was clean, well maintained, nicely decorated. Staff and residents were friendly, cheerful, warm and welcoming. The floor plans of the available units was inviting and easy to maneuver. There were children on site, as they maintain a day care for the children of the staff. Children always breathe new life into a senior community. There were also small pets which I know brightens the days. There would be a great deal of walking to participate in the activities and to go to the Dining Room and I am not sure my parents could manage that on a daily basis. In a nutshell, the place just seemed too big. Also, once I got the financial information, it was much too costly for them to even consider. I almost felt like I wasted my time and theirs once I found out that our family could not come close to affording this lovely place.

November 06, 2012

By Granddaughter13

Robin Run retirement community is friendly and full of opportunities. Upon walking into the facility, visitors are greeted by a friendly receptionist ready to direct them anywhere and answer any questions. The common areas within the main tower are clean and well-organized. Attractions within the main building include a swimming pool, dining area, billiards room (this could be equipped better), exercise room, resale shop, and more. The dining room could be improved with a higher variety of food. The residents seem to feel at home and happy. Robin Run does a good job at making the atmosphere less institutional. Other perks include weekly activities such as happy hour, weekend movies, performances and more. Residents are encouraged to join groups like the big band or yoga group. It may be important to add that this great facility comes with a large price. This is a great place to retire to, provided the retiree has the money!

September 24, 2012

By goldenhair88

I have spent time in multiple nursing homes, as my grandparents moved a lot in the later years of their life. Robin Run of Indianapolis was the best by far. The facilities were the cleanest and the staff the friendliest and most responsive. My grandfather is bed-ridden, and a lot of places treated him like he was insignificant and pitiful. He's older, but he was (and still is!) a brilliant man who taught at a prominent university for over 40 years. The staff at Robin Run knew this because they actually took the time to get to know him! It may not seem that important, but Robin Run also had the best food and food service. Since my grandparents ate all of their meals at each of the assisted living facilities in which they lived, the quality of the food was a big portion of how much they enjoyed living in each place. We were all sorry when they left Robin Run, but they insisted on living closer to their new great-grand babies!

February 16, 2012

By pulse077

The Robin Run property seems to be well maintained. They have a historic log cabin on site that had been moved here from another location in Indiana which is interesting. I was very impressed with the greeting at the front door. Everyone seems to be active and doing things everywhere. I have been able to help in their computer lab teaching people computers and it has been a pleasure working with their activities department. The residents are taken care of by having all of the amendities they need on site. There are many activities going on, a church, and a bank inside as well. The residents really seem to enjoy living there and are happy overall. They seem to have activities surrounded around music often and the seniors really get into it. I would recommend any senior looking for convenience and entertainment to check out their location. I have not seen any other Brookdale community but this one is nice.

October 19, 2011

By Neru

My father had multiple strokes, and was taken to Robin Run for assisted living. The nurses were very kind and my father enjoyed his stay there. His health increased because of the food, and he made a few friends there. His only complaint was that the facility was too noisy; he rarely got enough sleep because other residents were making too much noise at night. He also complained because the seniors could not exit the building alone. The exits were all secured. This made my father feel trapped.I visited Robin Run on multiple occasions to spend time with my father. The outside of the building is nicely landscaped and serene. The inside of the building is very clean looking, but it always smelled like urine.This place had very honest staff. I know this because one day I lost my wallet there. I was extremely upset because my wallet contained money, credit cards, and my social security card! I was sure someone had stolen it, so I froze all my accounts and put flags on my credit for possible identity theft. When I went back to Robin Run to visit my father, he handed me my wallet (with all of it's contents intact) and told me one of the nurses found it. This happened months ago, and I have not experienced any fraudulent activity with my credit. I am extremely thankful for the nurse's integrity.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Robin Run Village

June 12, 2017

By AnnaP

I have lived in a garden home at Robin Run Village for eight years and highly recommend it. Our community feels like a family; residents are friendly, caring and supportive of one another. Most stay active and keep up on current events. There are many activities to pick and choose from. There is a nice walking trail circling the campus, even an authentic log cabin situated in a beautiful woods. Staff make us feel like they really care about us and are pleased to serve us. I suggest that seniors considering a retirement community make the move sooner rather than later to make friends and adjust to senior living.

May 11, 2016

By JeannaOFYQZ

I liked Robin Run Village. It was very nice and very positive, and we may end up going there. The rooms were fine, and the residents were really friendly. We ate lunch, and it was very good. They had great food with a salad bar. We were looking at a two-bedroom apartment. They had a lot of activities and a lot of people were doing the activities while we were there. The residents looked happy and active. The staff was really friendly and helpful. They had a nice exercise area, a swimming pool, walking trails, and fishing ponds. I think they had everything covered.

May 06, 2015

I think the staff is very caring at Robin Run. I also think the facility is older. It does not quite have the amenities of the newer facilities, but since my mother had lived there beforehand and she knows everybody, I feel like that is the best choice anyway. She is in memory care now, so she has her own private room with a bathroom. Occasionally, they take them off site for dinners and things like that, and during the day, they usually have one activity where they all get together. Sometimes they cook or play games together.

December 22, 2014

By Bradley2

I visited Robin Run Village for my father. The staff was very gracious and very good. The reason I didn't pick them primarily was location because it was just too far away from where I live, but they are a lot more expensive than the other facility. They are on their own property, but it was very nice and kept well. They have everything. It was a pretty good sized place. They have a lot of people who live in more of a condo-type situation, and they come in and do assisted living there. I would give Robin Run a very good recommendation. This place was very clean. It had a wonderful atmosphere. They had a huge lake with spring water and trees. They had maintained it really nicely. No one could be unhappy living at Robin Run. They would be happy with the atmosphere, and the way everything was kept up.

August 20, 2014

By willsr

We were so impressed with friendliness of the resident's and staff. The grounds are beautiful. Homes and apartments are older, but remodeled nicely. We were not able to eat lunch while we were there, but left witha delicious pie.

May 30, 2014

By Maurice2

Robin Run Village is a very nice community, but it doesn't meet our requirements. The staff who accommodated us were excellent. The rooms were very nice, and they had cottages.

July 30, 2012

By kmama

The Robin Run Retirement Community is a wonderful facility with lots of opportunities for its residents and guests. They have everything from a swimming pool to billiards to tennis courts, weekly prayer groups to happy hour. My grandparents were very happy there. The only negative aspect I saw was that their health care center was a little bit lacking. It tended to smell a bit, but I think that is true of most retirement communities. They have the cutest little thrift store in the basement and an ice cream parlor on their "Main Street". They also have a beautiful walking path and historical cottage on site and have wonderful family and community wide events on their grounds. It seems like a wonderful place to live, and of all the retirement communities I've been to, they had the best food.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (11) See fewer reviews

Photos of Robin Run Village

Services and Amenities of Robin Run Village

• Detached Homes
  • Housing Extra: Cottages

• Dining Extra: Meals In A Shared Dining Room, Some Residents Have In Room Kitchenettes, Some Residents Have In Room Full Kitchens (Includes Oven, Etc.)

• General Store

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Aid

About Robin Run Village

Robin Run provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Robin Run Village is committed to offering solutions for all aspects of Senior Living. Our 96% resident satisfaction rating is proof that we live out our mission statement: Enriching the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect , excellence and integrity.

Certification::
  • Licensed Health Care
  • Licensed Personalized Care
  • Licensed Home Health/ISC
Financial Guidance Offered
  • We help with selling the house (finding a realtor, staging, etc.)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • Deferred Entry Fee
  • Assisted Living
  • Skilled Nursing Care
  • CCRC
Cleaning Services
  • Laundry services for linens (staff washes residents sheets/linens)
  • Private laundry (residents can wash own laundry on site)
  • Housekeeping (staff provides housekeeping services to residents)
  • Organized offsite activities (outings, etc.)
  • Arts
  • Woodworking
  • Crafts
  • Games (bingo, bridge, etc.)
  • Religious services
  • TV Room
  • Fitness room/gym
  • General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
Guest Services
Dining Options
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (includes oven, etc.)
  • Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Customized Dietary Options
In-room Technology
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
In-room Technology
  • 1 bedroom apartments
  • 2 bedroom apartments
  • Garden Homes
Transportation Options

We are located on 86 acres including several acres of protected woodlands and ponds. Our commitment to "Enriching the lives of those we serve with Compassion, Respect, Excellence and Integrity" has provided Robin Run Village with a 98% Resident Satisfaction Rating.

Map of Robin Run Village