Bloom at German Church

Reviews of Bloom at German Church

Assisted Living Reviews for Bloom at German Church

May 10, 2016

By RickUISDI

Bloom at German Church was a nice facility and considerably smaller than the other one I visited. It had a smaller dining facility. The people there seemed to be very helpful. I liked the admissions person. It just seemed rather small, and I was not too sure that they could take care of mom in the way that she needed to be taken care of. They offered for me try the food, but I didn’t. I did meet the chef, and he seemed like a decent guy.

August 14, 2015

We want to go to a place called Autumn Glen (Bloom at German Church) because it is near us, and it is a senior living, so this is where we're looking. We're very happy with the place. This is the place we're impressed with, and we would like to try to get in there. They have duplexes and quads. They all have patios, some are larger than others. They have several different floor plans. Most of them are two-bedroom, two-bath, two-garage. We have talked to nice people. We think that would be a nice place to go to. What really impressed us was the cleanliness and friendliness. Everything is uniformed; all houses are to be uniformed. They are pretty strict, which is wonderful.

January 09, 2015

The place is very nice, but the rooms are too small. There are lots of activities at Bloom at German Church. It is very well furnished and very clean, and the staff is friendly. It is just too small. They do not accept Medicaid. The dining room is very nice. I don't know if they can do anything differently to improve since they cannot make their rooms larger. It is very nice, but they are limited by their physical setup, and you cannot change that situation.

June 10, 2011

By fourlife

I found the facility clean and bright with a friendly and caring staff upon initial visits. But, when my sister moved in, the care was sometimes less than adequate and timely. When my sister was sick and in bed the bedside meal tray was left for the entire day and nurses were often rude and short with us when doing her vital checks. The meals are often poor in nutrition and taste, which require our family to bring my sister frozen dinners, fresh fruit, green vegetables and healthy snacks. She is a diabetic, hypertensive and has low blood, therefore, adequate nutrition and frequency of meals are important. My sister had a hemmorraghic stroke and the intermittent arguing with staff is not good for her health and "senior-speak" is demeaning and disrespectful. The facility is clean, odorless and decorated nicely. Some of the meals are decent and some of the care staff is compassionate and patient with residents. I wish that all the staff would be more respectful, caring and considerate.

Costs for Bloom at German Church

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8:1

• Licenses: Indiana

About Bloom at German Church

Bloom at German Church is a family-owned and operated assisted living establishment. Since 1965, our goal has been simple yet aspirational: to help our residents flourish. Entering a Bloom community does not mean checking your lifestyle or personality at the door. Residents continue to live life to its fullest potential, enjoying their favorite activities while discovering new ones, and blooming into their best selves through growth and discovery.

Bloom's personalized service and superior care enable residents to enjoy the privacy of home, combined with the security and convenience of assistance and a maintenance-free environment. This is provided in a vibrant and intimate setting, located on a private, 3-acre plot in the heart of Indianapolis, Indiana.

We are family owned and operated and have been caring for seniors for nearly 50 years. We have a stellar talented managment team with decades of professional and personal experience, and focus upon resident centered care. Residents can age in place given we can care for residents with high acuity.

Map of Bloom at German Church