Norridge Gardens

Nursing Home Reviews for Norridge Gardens

October 18, 2015

By N. K.

Other

This is a horrible long term facility. I was forced to take my mother out after she received severe bruising (unexplained) and was fondled by a resident. Zero stars, but I had to put one to show this review.

July 18, 2015

By lilianna

The worse place ever. My father was there for about 4 weeks. I had to ask every week for my father to be shaved(otherwise no one will do it). Had to complain to the manager cause my Dad had to ask for food few times because the crew forgot(than it was delivered cold). Bought my Dad brand new cell phone but his roommate with dementia broke it and the Nursing Home did not feel that they're responsible( I was told by the nurse that my fathers roommate will be moved to a special care and it never happen). I would NEVER recommend this facility to no one.

February 03, 2012

As nursing homes go this is certainly one of the nicer ones that I have seen and I would recommend it. I was visiting a patient in hospice and the nursing staff was welcoming and helpful, bringing coffee and extra chairs to the room. I have also visited the second floor which was recently refurbished and there is a lovely activity room with a fire place. Among the amenities I observed is a laundromat and Ice Cream Parlor/Outdoor garden and patioRehabilitation gym. There is also a colorful bird aviary on the first floor. Norridge is off of Harlem Avenue in a busy shopping center in Chicago. You can almost miss Culom Avenue which the nursing home is on, but keep going a little way on the street and you will run into it. I wasn't too crazy about the parking lot. It's one of those lots where there isn't enough parking and once you are in it is difficult to get out. Street parking is limited. The receptionist was nice, but the lobby is small and impersonal and you have to be buzzed in making it feel a bit like an "institution." I also know that they have been trying to get a resident committee going, but have had trouble getting that off the ground. Despite these things, I think overall this is a nice, clean facility. Patients seem to be getting good care and it doesn't feel overtly like a "nursing home." Again, I would recommend.

About Norridge Gardens

Norridge Gardens is a senior living provider in Norridge, Illinois that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Norridge Gardens for more details on services and rates.

Map of Norridge Gardens