Sunrise of Crystal Lake

Reviews of Sunrise of Crystal Lake

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Crystal Lake

October 07, 2014

By Pat95960850

I went to Sunrise at Crystal Lake and the people there were very nice. They have wonderful programs for their residents. It was a smaller facility. The rooms were fine, and they were very clean. They have assisted living as well as a memory care unit. They have very nice programs, but it was just far from me. What bothered me about them is that there was too much going on, but probably it was just me. I probably just wanted a quiet place.

May 10, 2014

We chose Sunrise of Crystal Lake because of the proximity: it was only fifteen minutes away from us. We were very impressed with the quality of the staff. They had a positive character and were responsive to our questions and issues. I ate lunch at the facility quite often, and the food was very good. Mom had a room with two bedrooms, bathroom, kitchenette, and an open area. There was always something going on pretty much every day. Activities like crafts, bingo, occasional outings to restaurants, religious programs on weekends, special events, etc. Overall, we had no complaints, and we were very pleased.

January 30, 2014

By Nancy and Jeff

Sunrise was very nice. That's where she was going to stay if she moved up here. We thought the people there were very professional, very helpful, very nice and we really felt we found the right place. I even took her to a church around the corner that she wouldn't have to go that far to go to church. We did see a room because she has an apartment picked out and the layout was nice. We had a meal there and the food was very good. At the time we were there, there was a lady, a volunteer who came in and she would paint small objects for people like little stools and they were really cute. There were residents who were out there watching her paint while we were there. We met some of the residents and they all loved it. They couldn't compliment you as much as to how nice it was.

November 28, 2013

By Judith17

Sunrise was the one that I wanted to put my mother in. The lady that I talked to was very nice and everybody was very friendly. However, the only problem was, she would have to be on the second floor and my mom had dementia and had already fallen in our basement stairs. So, although they had a beautiful staircase, I don’t' want her near any stairs. They had a double-room. It was like two separate rooms, which were open to the bathroom and there was a door between them.

September 27, 2013

By Caring1997

My children chose Crystal Lake for my wife and she was there for two months while I was put through therapy. The food was very good and the place was really nice. I can't say anything bad about the staff, but they were not just certified. Looking at them, I feel that they not that equipped to handle the residents.

August 14, 2012

By Lorine1

My first impression when we visited Sunrise Crystal was very good and very positive. I met with the Director (I'm not sure if she was the Director), and she spent a lot of time with me. She was a name person. She was telling me a lot of stuff during the initial visit. She was very informative. I spent quite a lot time there. I don't remember exactly maybe an hour or an hour and a half. What I like about the community is that they have a beautiful building. They have very active people. There were a lot of people around. I noticed a lot of interaction with the staff between the people that were there. They have very nice rooms. We saw an empty studio room and it has a very nice bathroom. It has a little kitchen area and has a personal stove in there. We've eaten there several times and food is always good. We've visited several times there. Very impressive particularly with the staff. The staff were very positive and very outgoing. They really did a good job in interacting with a guest.

December 19, 2011

By Social Wk Care Mngr

There are many Sunrises to choose from in the Chicago region. This Sunrise is outside of the downtown area, in a safe suburban mixed business and residential setting. There is access to outdoor space, though it is not extensive, it is enough to accommodate residents and visitors who wish to sit outside. The interior of the building has a large lobby area and additional common areas interspersed where residents are able to sit and relax or visit. The apartments are available in different sizes and configurations at different price points. Most are single occupancy though some couples will occasionally reside at Sunrise in larger units. There are nice windows and natural light levels vary depending on locations of a given apartment. The designated dementia care area at this facility is not as appealing as at other Sunrise communities, based upon feedback from multiple family members. The aesthetics are less calming and the care is not typically as well regarded as other similar communities. Still overall the staff is experienced as kind and caring, and management is responsive to family issues or concerns.

Photos of Sunrise of Crystal Lake