Sunrise of Crystal Lake

751 Terra Cotta Avenue, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Sunrise of Crystal Lake (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 218 days

Please ask about our special incentives!

Reviews of Sunrise of Crystal Lake

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Crystal Lake

January 14, 2017

By Kelly337838

I liked Sunrise of Crystal Lake. It was a very beautiful place with a gorgeous entrance, very well-kept grounds, very neat and clean inside, and a very homey environment. They even had a sign at the desk that said, “Welcome Kelly,” so they really tried to personalize it. They had a dog there to visit with the seniors, which would be appealing to my mother because she loves animals. Their apartments were nice, but their kitchens actually had ovens, which was a concern to me because I felt it was dangerous with memory care patients there. They seemed expensive to me, but they were a very nice facility. The staff was very nice. They had activities for the residents. It could be a very good choice.

October 19, 2016

I liked Sunrise much better. They seemed a little more laid back. It was very homey. It was very light filled with lots of sunlight coming in. The person-in-charge that normally did the tour had an emergency and could not meet with us, so, the activities director met with us and took us around. I was very impressed with the facilities. Their rooms were small also except I thought the rooms had a better set-up for what I was looking for and the windows were definitely bigger there. We talked to the residents, and they seemed very happy there. They were saying, “Oh, the food was really good here.” Everything was relative. I thought the memory care at Sunrise was much better. They were well taken care of. The residents were very well groomed, and they had a lot going on. I had a better feeling with their memory care. They also had an end-of-life facility. They actually had a wing of their facility that they used for that. They had hospital bedroom there. I just thought they had a little more space, and they had a lot more capable of handling that and wouldn’t have to bring in outside hospice. They were able to take the desperate issues. The director -- even though she couldn’t meet with us -- followed up. What I appreciated was that neither one was pushy about it.

January 31, 2016

By CM2

When we were making the decision Sunrise of Crystal Lake was the definite contender. The only reason we didn’t take my mother-in-law there was because they didn’t have a room available when we needed one. We met the activities director there; just very nice people all the way around.

January 26, 2016

By Julie118960050

Sunrise of Crystal Lake was nice. The central area was not as roomy as the other place I visited. So, I wasn't as impressed, and they were higher-priced. My mom is still considered independent, but my dad definitely needs care with assisted living. They're on two separate platforms right now. I was looking for something that could accommodate both, and I didn't think my mom would be as comfortable there. The place was very clean, though. It just didn't fit what my parents were looking for.

June 11, 2015

Sunrise of Crystal Lake was very nice. The staff is very helpful. They offered us lunch, and the food was very good. There was a little exercise going on when we came there. The place was very beautiful too.

October 07, 2014

By Pat95960850

I went to Sunrise at Crystal Lake and the people there were very nice. They have wonderful programs for their residents. It was a smaller facility. The rooms were fine, and they were very clean. They have assisted living as well as a memory care unit. They have very nice programs, but it was just far from me. What bothered me about them is that there was too much going on, but probably it was just me. I probably just wanted a quiet place.

May 10, 2014

We chose Sunrise of Crystal Lake because of the proximity: it was only fifteen minutes away from us. We were very impressed with the quality of the staff. They had a positive character and were responsive to our questions and issues. I ate lunch at the facility quite often, and the food was very good. Mom had a room with two bedrooms, bathroom, kitchenette, and an open area. There was always something going on pretty much every day. Activities like crafts, bingo, occasional outings to restaurants, religious programs on weekends, special events, etc. Overall, we had no complaints, and we were very pleased.

January 30, 2014

By Nancy and Jeff

Sunrise was very nice. That's where she was going to stay if she moved up here. We thought the people there were very professional, very helpful, very nice and we really felt we found the right place. I even took her to a church around the corner that she wouldn't have to go that far to go to church. We did see a room because she has an apartment picked out and the layout was nice. We had a meal there and the food was very good. At the time we were there, there was a lady, a volunteer who came in and she would paint small objects for people like little stools and they were really cute. There were residents who were out there watching her paint while we were there. We met some of the residents and they all loved it. They couldn't compliment you as much as to how nice it was.

November 28, 2013

By Judith17

Sunrise was the one that I wanted to put my mother in. The lady that I talked to was very nice and everybody was very friendly. However, the only problem was, she would have to be on the second floor and my mom had dementia and had already fallen in our basement stairs. So, although they had a beautiful staircase, I don’t' want her near any stairs. They had a double-room. It was like two separate rooms, which were open to the bathroom and there was a door between them.

September 27, 2013

By Caring1997

My children chose Crystal Lake for my wife and she was there for two months while I was put through therapy. The food was very good and the place was really nice. I can't say anything bad about the staff, but they were not just certified. Looking at them, I feel that they not that equipped to handle the residents.

August 14, 2012

By Lorine1

My first impression when we visited Sunrise Crystal was very good and very positive. I met with the Director (I'm not sure if she was the Director), and she spent a lot of time with me. She was a name person. She was telling me a lot of stuff during the initial visit. She was very informative. I spent quite a lot time there. I don't remember exactly maybe an hour or an hour and a half. What I like about the community is that they have a beautiful building. They have very active people. There were a lot of people around. I noticed a lot of interaction with the staff between the people that were there. They have very nice rooms. We saw an empty studio room and it has a very nice bathroom. It has a little kitchen area and has a personal stove in there. We've eaten there several times and food is always good. We've visited several times there. Very impressive particularly with the staff. The staff were very positive and very outgoing. They really did a good job in interacting with a guest.

December 19, 2011

By Social Wk Care Mngr

There are many Sunrises to choose from in the Chicago region. This Sunrise is outside of the downtown area, in a safe suburban mixed business and residential setting. There is access to outdoor space, though it is not extensive, it is enough to accommodate residents and visitors who wish to sit outside. The interior of the building has a large lobby area and additional common areas interspersed where residents are able to sit and relax or visit. The apartments are available in different sizes and configurations at different price points. Most are single occupancy though some couples will occasionally reside at Sunrise in larger units. There are nice windows and natural light levels vary depending on locations of a given apartment. The designated dementia care area at this facility is not as appealing as at other Sunrise communities, based upon feedback from multiple family members. The aesthetics are less calming and the care is not typically as well regarded as other similar communities. Still overall the staff is experienced as kind and caring, and management is responsive to family issues or concerns.

Photos of Sunrise of Crystal Lake