Montgomery Place

Reviews of Montgomery Place

Nursing Home Reviews for Montgomery Place

November 29, 2011

By RaceCampbell

The Montgomery Place is majestic. Overlooking Lake Shore Dr., directly across from Museum of Science& Industry. Located in prestigious Hyde Park community of Chicago. Claiming 2Rn, 1Lpn, 5Cna available 24/7 per resident. I would recommend it to everyone. When I was there in Nov. of 2011, I noticed that, so many activities were going on for the residents, exercise room&classes, library/computer room, swimming pool, restaurant, also onsite wellness center. Out of five stars, I would rank the grounds a 2, the common areas a 5, the residents' rooms a 5, the staff a 5, and the quality of care a 5. Overall, I'd give The Montgomery Place a rating of 4 stars because,location,staff/patient ratio is high, endless activities, high food quality, with the only downside is no insurance accepted, private pay only which amounts to $6k per month.

May 25, 2011

By commercesd

Visited this facility

This review is for the assisted living facility (rather than the nursing home). We needed to find a place for our aunt to live and decided to consider somewhere near the South Side of Chicago by Hyde Park, since we all grew up in that part of town. We found the Montgomery Place Catered Living facility on South Shore Drive, which is convenient to get to as it connects with Lake Shore Drive. There are some buses that travel there, but they are limited. The private apartments were a nice size and well kept in a contemporary fashion. We liked the ethnic diversity that the facility offers and that the residents create their own activity schedules and can do the things they enjoy. There always seemed to be staff around if they were needed. The food looked average - and we've seen more options elsewhere. The community offers every conceivable activity, from exercise to the arts and also encourages suggestions for new adventures. We really liked the rooftop garden that overlooks the park. We were also impressed with the fact that they assign a counselor to you to help coordinate your move. Overall, this is a very nice facility, however, the south side location could be a challenge for visitors who rely solely upon mass transit due to the limited options available.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Montgomery Place

November 30, 2015

By Anonymous Sister

I went to visit Montgomery Place. They said it's a premier facility, but for me, it’s not. It’s large and seemed kind of cold and impersonal. The rooms were nicely appointed. We looked in the assisted living part where you can bring your own furniture.

November 24, 2015

Montgomery Place is a great community. It’s a new and clean place, and the apartments are nice and adequate. I was able to play some of their activities. They have groups for reading books and poetry. I liked their exercise program as well as their weekly music concerts. I was impressed with their dining area and food.

June 20, 2015

Montgomery Place was a pleasant community, and it's by the lake. There were nice rooms. The people were friendly. We went to a lecture on writing autobiographies, and we saw people volunteering information. It had nice restaurants, and they had a little pool. It was all clean, busy, and very nice.

March 12, 2015

By Wanda23

The only one that I found closer to where I live was Montgomery Place. A lot of the University of Chicago professors retire there. It's a lovely place, and you can do anything with the apartments. The views were lovely, but it's a buy-in, and like the apartments that my husband and I really liked, we would have to put down $275,000. When I put down $275,000, I want to own something. But you still are actually renting it, and then you get 90% or 80% back when you move if your place is rented. There's a whole lot of contingencies there, but they can carry you from independent living right through nursing home.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (8) See fewer reviews

About Montgomery Place

Montgomery Place is a senior living provider in Chicago, Illinois that offers residents Nursing Homes and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Montgomery Place for more details on services and rates.

Map of Montgomery Place