Sunrise at Ivey Ridge

Reviews of Sunrise at Ivey Ridge

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise at Ivey Ridge

March 14, 2018

By Lisa

Sunrise at Ivey Ridge was very good and the food was good. They have lots of activities for elderly people. The rooms are nice and they have different sized rooms based on the person's allotted funds. The staff members are friendly and most of them have been there for years.

December 31, 2016

By ATMG

Our father, nearly 95 years old, moved here in June 2016. We were provided with a wonderful arrival dinner, even though it was a very late Sunday evening. WE have had a very positive experience with a new director, incredible and caring staff and a top notch chef who has recently returned to the facility. The front desk staff is absolutely the best.... eager to help out in any way. We have never experienced a more professional and caring staff as we have here.... the care givers go beyond their call of duty..... Managers and each member of the staff that we have experienced.. There is a calendar full of activities to suit any situation. Our father has not been the best at reaching out.. yet the entire staff tries to involve him in every way possible. It is a very close knit family of staff members beginning at the top with the best of managers. We are notified of every situation that arises with our father's needs . This is truly appreciated. There are many wonderful residents here that is also a tribute to the caring staff.

July 27, 2016

By Gwen685225

Sunrise at Ivey Ridge was very nice, clean, friendly, active, bright, and alive. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The dining room is very nice. They had a little bar, tables, and a piano player playing there.

February 15, 2016

By RC5

Sunrise at Ivey Ridge is a very nice facility. If it was not too far from where I am, it would be a good choice. The staff who assisted me was nice, and knowledgeable. The rooms need to be updated, but they were clean. It is an older facility.

January 05, 2015

I am staying in Sunrise at Ivey Ridge, and it is really good. The rooms are very nice and depend on what level you are in. Of course, the bigger room the more you pay. I am in a nice little suite right now, and it is very comfortable. We have activities, and we have a bus service. We have meals in the dining room and caregivers if you need them.

June 27, 2014

My mother-in-law is in a studio at Sunrise Ivey Ridge. They have a lot of activities there. The food is fine.

February 28, 2012

By nproman

My grandfather is currently residing at Sunrise assisted living facility in Alpharetta. He moved there three years ago after his 86th birthday. I have been there several times and usually have a pleasant experience. The grounds are very nice and well kept. Everything is clean and it doesn't have the familiar feel of an old persons home that most places do. Most of the employees were very friendly and eager to help in any way. The residents all seemed happy to be there and only had positive things to say. My grandfather also likes it so we are happy we made the right choice for him. We've eaten lunch with my grandfather in the cafeteria a few times and the food is always pretty good. Overall my entire family was happy with the choice to go with sunrise; even my grandfather. I'm comfortable knowing he will be living out his final years there.

February 28, 2012

By Matthias

I visited this assisted living home so I could play piano for the residents there. The staff was very friendly and when I was lost, they helped me find my way to the area I was looking for. They seemed nice and prepared to help anyone that showed up. The amenities were very nice. They had plenty of room outdoors for those that enjoy walking. There was a pool, tennis courts, and other outdoor areas for activities. The rooms seemed nice and spacious, however the food could probably have been improved at little cost. I didn't eat any, but the look was off-putting to say the least. I can't say I generally enjoy assisted living homes, but this was a very nice place to visit. It did live up to the name of Sunrise. The general feel of the place was warm and comforting, as opposed to some that I've been to that are cold and more like an unkept senior hotel.

October 25, 2011

By ALison1

I have a relative who lives here and every time I go see her she is well dressed and groomed and looks wonderful . She tells me the center like to keep the residents active and that I could tell because whenever I come for a visit its always something to whether its show n tell or good old fashioned board games.

July 27, 2011

By A Grateful Daughter

My father and my mother-in-law both lived at Sunrise Senior Living at Ivey Ridge. My father suffered with early stages of Alzheimer and my mother-in-law was at the age where she needed assistance with daily health and medical activities. Mom was there 3 years and became an Ambassador at Large welcoming new residents and participating on the resident council. Daddy was there two years and wasn't always able to participate with many activities but seemed to be happy there as his illness slowly took him from us. A care manager was assigned to each resident who helped with their daily routines, bathing, dressing and meds. Daddy was confined to a wheelcare so for each meal in the dining room, the Care Manager would come and wheel him to the dining room. If a resident needed helping eating, the Care Manager would assist them. Sunrise provided three meals, snacks in the morning and a "social" in the afternoon, usually ice cream and cookies with entertainment. If a resident had a birthday, a special cake and celebration was part of the afternoon social.. A registered nurse is on staff at each Sunrise handling the management of prescribed meds and any minor medical problems. The nurse was in regular contact with the family, and doctors if needed. A full time activity director provided various exercise and social programs including transportation to special programs that were scheduled - dinner at a nice restaurant; a church musical program or special entertainment. Family were always included in special in-house programs to assist them in understanding the care or special needs of their family member. Sunrise staff regularly communicated with the family at times daily. Overall, we recommend Sunrise Senior Living for any family needing an excellent residence for their loved one. Sunrise is well equipped to handle most any senior issue including memory issues. While the room or apartment is costly, the care and love your loved one receives is worth every dollar. We always knew that Mom and Daddy were well cared for with love, dignity and tenderness. When Daddy's mental condition caused him to have a stroke, he was always, bathed, messaged with special lotions, fed when possible . His Care Managers always talked with him during his last days and helped the family through those days. Our family highly recommends Sunrise Senior Living for your family. My husband and I have always said that when our needs change we hope there is a Sunrise facility close by. Dignity, love and caring staff are always at Sunrise.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise at Ivey Ridge

Questions about Sunrise at Ivey Ridge

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Training is ongoing on a monthly basis. Sunrise embraces "Journey Training" and the "Validation" Method.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise at Ivey Ridge. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents enjoy a variety of activities in our "Live with Purpose" programming, from exercise, art, movies, and music.

What programs or activities does Sunrise at Ivey Ridge offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our Live with Purpose programming includes Live with Action (daily exercise and "Go4Life", Live with Artistry, Live with Generosity - where we create goodies and bring them to our first responders, Live with Learning - includes Current Events and Book Clubs,, and Live with Melody including our "SingFit" program,

What places are near Sunrise at Ivey Ridge or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Within walking distance is the Haynes Bridge Shopping Center with Kroger and Brusters, also we are within a quarter mile of Johns Creek Park Place, several spiritual centers and a variety of specialty shops.

What transportation services does Sunrise at Ivey Ridge offer to assisted living residents?

We have a fully handicapped accessible bus for outings to shop, to restaurants, and scheduled medical appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise at Ivey Ridge exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our selections are prepared fresh every day. Created with the watchful input of our nutritionist, the menu offered varies on a daily basis in a 4-5 week cycle. There is an "always available" menu as well.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise at Ivey Ridge offer to assisted living residents?

Emergency notification system within the resident rooms (and availability of a pendant) secure community with a camera at the main entrance. Regarding Covid-19, we have provided Vaccine Clinics, Testing as needed, and visitation protocols to protect our residents and staff.

How does Sunrise at Ivey Ridge keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Routine contact with the Neighborhood coordinator as well as access to the "Smile" program.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sunrise at Ivey Ridge during daytime and nighttime hours?

Sunrise meets and exceeds all state requirements for staffing.

If Sunrise at Ivey Ridge accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

YES! We have several dogs and cats. There is a walking area for the dogs as well.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Training is ongoing on a monthly basis.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Sunrise meets and exceeds all state requirements for staffing.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise at Ivey Ridge provide to protect residents who wander?

Secure exits.

What programs or activities does Sunrise at Ivey Ridge offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

There is a Life Enrichment Manager who works with small groups and individuals to promote resident engagement based on their individual cognitive levels.

Assessments are completed every 6 months unless their is a change of condition. Input is from our Resident Care Director and Resident Care Coordinator.

What techniques does Sunrise at Ivey Ridge use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Sunrise will provide the assistance that may be requires of any memory care resident from providing "finger foods", specially designed dinnerware, and assistance with feeding as needed.

How does Sunrise at Ivey Ridge keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Regular communication from the Resident Care Coordinator and Resident Care Director and Wellness Team.

Describe the neighborhood around Sunrise at Ivey Ridge. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Very residential.

Is Sunrise at Ivey Ridge affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Sunrise is within 10 miles of several area hospitals.

Costs for Sunrise at Ivey Ridge