Holiday The Venetian Gardens

Reviews of Holiday The Venetian Gardens

Independent Living Reviews for Holiday The Venetian Gardens

March 22, 2021

By Ann

My mother-in-law is pretty independent right now, so we're going with The Venetian Gardens for now because she wanted to live with her son, my brother-in-law. They're giving it a try and see how it goes. The staff is very helpful and wonderful, especially the manager. Penny has been helpful with all the paperwork and everything and very patient. At the moment, they are staying in their rooms for so many days until they release them to come into the community, but we filled out the paperwork for the Covid shots. So far, they're loving it. The food is good, but there's not a whole lot of portion. Today, they had ham and gratin potatoes, and there wasn't a whole lot in it. There were like two tablespoons of zucchini, which my mother-in-law doesn't like. The facility is nice. They put in all new flooring, and it's beautiful and very clean. The dining room is upfront, and their apartment is towards the back. They have a beautiful wraparound porch that's almost along the side and the front of the apartments. They've good-sized bedrooms and two full baths, so it's nice. They have the main area, they have upstairs, they have a pool table and a whole recreation area, ping-pong, puzzle rooms, library, and all kinds of stuff up there. There's a side room that's got a few pieces of equipment. There's a beautiful pool, but they're not in it yet because of Covid. They're very happy. The office people, the front desk people, and maintenance were the only ones we've met, and they've all been fantastic. The bus just goes right now to the grocery store. I don't think they're doing any outings right now. I looked around, and it's really good because all the other ones are starting at $3400.

March 19, 2021

By Marlys

I visited The Venetian Gardens, and the one thing that bothered me was there was only one elevator in that place, and that's kind of bad. It was small, too, so that kind of got to me. I liked the apartments, though. I had an appointment, and the staff I was supposed to meet with had an emergency. The one who did the tour didn't know a lot, but he took me around to see the different apartments and explained as much as he knew about it. He did the best he could, and I appreciated that. I like that the apartments had a washer and dryer in there; that was nice. I like the little lanai where you could go out and sit; it was very nice. It also had quite a large closet to walk in so you could store a few things that you wanted to keep, and it looked very clean.

March 07, 2021

By Sheryl

We chose The Venetian Gardens for my dad because it was the only place the I looked at where I saw other people out and about and doing things. All the other places, they were all in their rooms with their doors closed. So far my dad is happy there. He has not complained even once about going from a nice house, where he lived for about 37 years, into a one-room apartment where he can barely get around. However, it was the biggest apartment that I found for him, with 506 square feet as opposed to some that were only 300 square feet, so that's quite a bit more space. The staff and employees are great. They are always trying to help my dad, so I appreciate that. They bring him food three times a day, and I was there for a couple of weeks. They too offered me food and it was good. They are just real pleasant. The first meal he had was spinach quiche and he loved it. He doesn't even liked spinach. Yesterday I also heard him saying, "Yeah, I'll try the lentil soup." He's never had lentil soup in his life. They have activities going on like puzzles, not to mention the schedule they have for a church meeting on the third floor, chair aerobics, and Bible study on Sundays. They just have all kinds of things. They used to have trips out, but because of corona they stay in now. I think the facility is beautiful, plus they have a pool. They have nice chandeliers and they have an elevator that goes up and down.

September 29, 2020

By Mildred

Safe and clean. Pleasant and helpful staff. Food mostly good.

September 14, 2020

By Nancy W.

Great. We are all looking for activity and friendship. This is a geat place to live.

September 06, 2020

By Marian

Excellent care and meals. Bus service. Exercises. Health meetings, etc.

September 01, 2020

By Emma

I get 3 pretty good meals a day and I don’t have to cook or shop for groceries. We have plenty to do to stay busy, which I like. Exercise, games, crafts.

January 15, 2020

By Allan

The Venetian Gardens was very nice, clean, and we liked it, but it didn't feel right for us. The rooms didn't have much kitchen equipment. They have smaller refrigerators and they have no cooking equipment there, and that's one of the things we were interested in. The dining area was very nice, large, and you can eat anytime of the day. People come in and take your blood pressure, they have dogs that come and visit the residents, and they have activities going on every day. They clean your room and they accept pets.

Hi Allan, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our community. While we may not have been the best fit for you at this time, we appreciate your kind words! If circumstances change and all-inclusive independent senior living is right for you, please do not hesitate to reach out.

March 19, 2019

By Bruce

We liked the people at The Venetian Gardens. They serve meals three times a day. There wasn't anything in the facility for cooking. There's no stove, but it was a very nice facility and the people were very pleasant. The rooms were nice and the layout was nice, just a little smaller than what we had in mind. They had rooms for cards and for workout. If you're ready for that level and you don't worry about cooking because you're going to have all your meals there, it would be fine. They have rooms for parties. It's well managed and it's very clean.

September 28, 2018

By Chuck

The staff is professional and helpful. Service is good. Meals are timely and tasty. The apartment and entire facility are properly maintained.

Thanks for the great review, Chuck! We work hard to keep the community well maintained for our residents and their guests.

September 27, 2018

By M. Knowles

Excellent quality on all counts. Staff is very caring.

September 19, 2018

By Dolores

Life sent me challenges and I met them with the help of my new friends at Venetian Gardens and looking forward to my future friends I've yet to meet at Venetian Gardens. They inspire me to promote ways of feeling "Home Sweet Home". I used to be shy and insecure after husband's death. Thanks to Venetian Gardens, I'm the happiest I've ever been in a long, long time.

September 18, 2018

By Sue

Caring, kind, great staff of people who know all of us.

April 17, 2018

By Susan

The Venetian Gardens is very well-maintained and the rooms are a good space depending on what you can afford. The meals are good. My mother-in-law is very happy there and the care seems to be fine.

November 06, 2017

By Leslie

My mom moved into Venetian Gardens. We liked the setup, programs, and the people. They have all kinds of activities all day long, then they feed them their meals, clean their apartments, and they do their laundry and provide sheets and towels. They take them out on a bus for activities, and they take them out wherever they want to go by appointment. You can hire outside services like CNAs, hospice, or physical therapy. They have a swimming pool, and beautiful, good-size apartments. The staff couldn't be more helpful; everything you ask, they say yes, and they do.

May 30, 2017

By michelle261322

The Venetian Gardens is in a beautiful and pretty location, and the staff was very nice. The only problem is they don't have a full kitchen. The staff was very nice and helpful, but there didn't seem to be a lot of people out and about.

April 12, 2017

By Sharlene516328

I went into The Venetian Gardens and totally loved it. They had better food than the other community I saw. The rooms more like regular apartments and didn't feel institutional. Whoever did the decorating did a gorgeous job. The whole building was decorated beautifully. It is one of the buildings in Florida that doesn't look like Florida. Everything was very nice. It's the only place I've been to that had washers and dryers available for the residents. It seemed like everyone on the staff knew everything about everything and were very professional.

February 23, 2017

By Joy661571

The Venetian Gardens was super nice and clean. The staff was extremely friendly. I would recommend this to anyone. My mom goes to choir, bingo, and rosary groups, and they have singing and bands that come and play. The food was good; it’s a lot nicer than anywhere she’s been as far as the food. It’s pleasant, and the people were super nice and very caring. If you need extra help, they have nurse helpers, people that can come in and help you put support or help people get dressed. It’s independent, but you can get extra help if you need it.

January 05, 2017

By Victor542833

We toured The Venetian Gardens. I thought it was quite nice, but my dad just did not want that type of a lifestyle. The staff was nice, friendly, and helpful. Their apartments were very clean, bright, and looked over a pool and a wooded area. It was unfurnished. We had a delicious lunch there. They offered three meals a day for the residents. Their ground was a park-like setting. It was very convenient to where my family lived. I would recommend them to others.

November 29, 2016

By A Fellow Reviewer163506

My husband is presently in The Venetian Gardens. I’m extremely pleased with it. He is very happy there. It has a wonderful attitude and is very clean and nice. He has met some very nice people. I have been very taken with it and would definitely recommend it. All of our friends who have gone over to visit him have said, "What a lovely place!" He has been there for two months. My husband is in pizza club and a couple of other things, yet he hasn’t really joined a number of other organizations; he has been very happy and has enjoyed the people he is meeting. The staff is very positive. I knew it would be a good fit for him because it has an atmosphere that is very welcoming and very upbeat.

September 13, 2016

By Donald H.120073

At Venetian Gardens, there is a charge for extra services -- like if you have to have your medications and things like that. It was nice. The studio apartments were fairly small. The one-bedroom apartment was bigger, but out of the budget. They have a lot of amenities and activities, plus entertainment. I was toured by the manager who seemed pretty good and answered all the questions we had.

December 30, 2015

By Victoria16

The Venetian Gardens is good. It is close to where I live. The staff is friendly. It is small enough that I feel that my aunt wouldn’t feel like she was just a number. It is very warm. It is mostly independent living though. I like their rooms the best. Their activities are at par with the other facilities.

December 28, 2015

By William118343250

The Venetian Gardens was basically a multi-building facility. The parking seemed to be adequate for the people who were there and the visitors. It was close to a shopping mall, which was right across the street, so that was convenient. It was about two miles from the city, which was good. The pool and the exercise areas were a little dingy to me. It was a little too old, but the dining area was very nice and very open. The apartment that we looked at was very clean and adequate. They had a good menu and a lot of activities. There was something going on in the morning, afternoon, and evening. You could be quite active in the community if you wanted to.

December 15, 2015

By Patricia117785150

The Venetian Gardens was nice. The staff and rooms were very nice. The facility is not really big, so it might be a little more personal.

November 30, 2015

By John116025050

The Venetian Gardens was much too large and not intimate enough. However, the atmosphere was very nice, very friendly, and warm. The staff seemed very caring. They would take me to appointments for dentists and doctors or shopping. The rooms that I saw were very nice. I think all had private baths, which impressed me.

November 13, 2015

By rocky100

We had a confirmed appointment for lunch and a tour. No one was there to greet us. A dining room server found us a seat at a table. Later the admissions director joined us. We were shown the various apartments but not any of the activity areas, the office, health room or pool. She did not have a calendar of activities or a print out of the floor plans. Our visit was disappointing. THE 4 STARS IS BECAUSE IT IS A BEAUTIFUL, CLEAN FACILITY.

November 09, 2015

The Venetians seemed to be very clean. The staff was very nice and seemed to be very caring. The dining room looked very nice, too. The apartments are small and have quite a few amenities.

October 30, 2015

By anonymous115078650

Everything was positive in Venetian Gardens, and what I saw was very nice. I’m just not ready to go. Everything is excellent.

October 27, 2015

I visited Venetian Gardens. They have refrigerators but do not have stoves in their apartments. They have one stove for the whole neighborhood. I liked the beautiful setting and the neighborhood. They had just about the same activities as other places I visited like bridge, exercise, card games, a Scrabble room, a book club, etc. It was a very pretty place.

September 29, 2015

I visited The Venetian Gardens. The staff was wonderful. They took me around the facility, which was beautiful. I was extremely impressed by it, just the cleanliness of it and the great atmosphere. It was really a good visit. The dining room was beautifully set up with a beautiful staircase that goes up to the second floor. The luncheon was excellent. There were two choices of the set meal for the day and then the optional meal, and those were wonderful. I was very impressed with this facility.

September 20, 2015

We went to The Venetian Gardens, and it was nice. It was more for somebody who doesn?t need more care, so it doesn?t fit my mother's needs, but I am sure for someone else it would be a good facility.

August 08, 2015

We visited The Venetian Gardens. The facility was nice. The rooms were nice sized. They had swimming pools, exercise, cards, and shuttle service. The food was good, and they had an excellent menu -- more choices. They were caring.

July 28, 2015

By Albert11

My first impression of The Venetian Gardens was that it was a quiet neighborhood, and it's the kind of neighborhood that you could consider riding a bicycle at even at an advanced age without being killed. It was safe, grassy and green, and quite pretty. The food looked good, but it had a pretty ordinary taste. The people seemed to be happy being there. You're generally expected to go downstairs and sit on the table with other people, but there is another option in which you might come down perhaps an hour late, there'd be a little window where you could go get somebody to serve you from the kitchen with what is available. There were also small public kitchens, so that people who wished to cook a meal for themselves could do so. I was pleased, but it's more than I need or want.

April 13, 2015

By caring2400

We've got my mom all situated by now. She is in the same place that she was in before, but she seems to be doing very well. She is in Venetian Gardens, and it is a beautiful place. They just have problems with their labor -- a lot of their maids walked off the last couple of weeks, so the management has been doing the cleaning. They just got some problems like that. But, I think, it is a good value for the price. They have exercises everyday, and they even have line dancing classes. They have a lot of stuff; every week there is something different. There is plenty of stuff to do if you want to do it.

April 02, 2015

We had lunch at The Venetian Gardens, and it was excellent. The rooms were very nice. You imagine you had been at a cruise ship. The staff was good. They had entertainment when we were there; someone was playing a piano and singing.

February 19, 2015

By Janet100402150

We researched places close to where my mother-in-law's home is located. The Venetian Gardens is a retirement community. The staff that was working there were helpful. Their apartments were very nice and very spacious. The food was very good, and their dining room is very nice and large. They have entertainment, and they take them on trips. They have crafts, and they have a little kitchen downstairs where the residents bake or make a special dish. They have bingo, and they have anything you want. The apartments impressed me the most because they are very nice. They lock the doors at eight o'clock, and the residents have a card to swipe if they left. I was very pleased.

January 12, 2015

By Dell1

We like The Venetian Gardens. My girlfriend moved into this facility. She is so happy to be there. The staff is so friendly. When I went back to help her get everything set up, they remembered my name. It was just great. The facility is not as glamorous as the other facility, but what I like about it is that it has such a homey feeling. You can have a microwave in your kitchen, and you have a refrigerator but no cooking facility, which is great. Here you go down for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. My friend doesn't really get served until 1 because it has become a social hour. Everybody in the dining room is talking, walking around, and visiting people before the food comes. It is a friendly place. They have the most beautiful hallways. It is well lit with hand rails. All three floors have beautiful paintings. There is a grand piano on the main floor. They also have a facility in the dining room if you want to have your own party and invite family. Also they have a beautiful swimming pool. The views are beautiful. I really love this place. I have eaten there three times now. They have delicious food. They have two entrees at lunch time. Not only do you have those two choices, you have the secondary choices, e.g., chef's salad, hamburger, hotdog, etc. They have fresh fruits everyday. What I like about The Venetian Gardens is that they have a covered walkway as you entered the buildings and lots of rocking chairs. People are out there talking away.

January 03, 2015

By Lisa100562150

We like Venetian Gardens very much; it was excellent and beautiful. There’s a non-stop stimulation and entertainment for the residents. The food is wonderful; we ate lunch there and really enjoyed it. It’s great; they have a swimming pool and all sorts of activities on a regular basis. It’s beautiful; you feel like you’re on a plantation. It’s just been gorgeous living; it's very clean, nice, and very luxurious. It’s a very nice place for elderly people to live, to engage, just be together, and enjoy each other’s company. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate us.

June 18, 2014

The Venetian Gardens is a very nice place. It's a two-story building with nice grounds. The staff showed us around, and they were very knowledgeable, and they even invited us back again. The rooms were very nice and very well laid out. Their dining room was very nice, too. Their activities are very good, and I would rate this facility highly.

February 27, 2014

I like The Venetian Gardens. In fact, I thought about moving in there about three months ago. We went there maybe five times. My house was only about a mile and a half away from there. The food was good. There is nothing wrong with The Venetian Gardens, I just felt like at that time I wasn't ready yet to move in. There, if you need assisted living, you have to move out.

December 20, 2013

By Joe20

Venetian Gardens is only 17 miles from where I live in Sarasota and I'm able to spend time with my brother because he's 90 years old. The building is only five years old and it's almost a very upscale community. It's small for only about 80 people. He had the best room of the building, he has vaulted ceilings and wrap-around windows. The staff is extremely friendly. They offer to do all kinds of things and it's working out just fine. They put a menu on the table first thing in the morning for all three meals and there are multiple choices and they can even accommodate special requests, if needed. They have bingo every night, movies Thursday nights, happy hour Friday nights, Saturday outside entertainment brought in to entertain them, singers and lead guitarists and so on. The service for getting in and out of town with the bus is excellent. My brother is very, very happy.

September 26, 2013

By Doris14

I visited the Venetian Gardens for me and my husband. The staff is all very nice. I like the idea of the villa because the place is more private and you can have more time for yourself if you want it. I really like the place.

May 11, 2013

By John39

The staff at The Venetian Gardens were very nice and welcoming. There were nurses available 24/7, so you felt secured. The facility was more upscale than the others and the rooms were larger as well. They had an exercise room, tv room and rooms where residents could do crafts. The residents were offered three choices for each meal. However, the price was too high for me.

June 23, 2011

By Donna H.

It is a new facility and the furnishings and paint in the common areas, reflect that. The management staff, and wellness staff couldn't be more helpful. My parents have been residing there, just under a year and are happy with the food, amenities, and the fact there is a driver to take them shopping when they don't feel like using their car. I would recommend that it be checked out by folks looking for a nice clean, friendly place, close to shopping and I75.

Questions about Holiday The Venetian Gardens

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Holiday The Venetian Gardens. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Holiday The Venetian Gardens offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Holiday The Venetian Gardens exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Holiday The Venetian Gardens offer to independent living residents?

If Holiday The Venetian Gardens accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Holiday The Venetian Gardens work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Holiday The Venetian Gardens

Photos of Holiday The Venetian Gardens

Services and Amenities of Holiday The Venetian Gardens

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Sewer, Water

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Garage

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Holiday The Venetian Gardens

The Venetian Gardens is located in Venice, FL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Venetian Gardens for a visit...and stay!

*We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Holiday by Atria does not provide any health care services. However, residents are welcome to receive services from any outside home health care provider of their choice to help them continue enjoying life at our community.

Map of Holiday The Venetian Gardens