The Lodge Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of The Lodge Health and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for The Lodge Health and Rehabilitation Center

December 14, 2016

By Suzanne848825

The Lodge Health & Rehabilitation Center was terrible. My husband fell off the bed because he was trying to go to the bathroom and needed assistance, but nobody was there. They didn't have concern for their residents.

September 02, 2015

By Caring72002850

I had to take my mother out in the middle of the night at The Lodge Health and put her in the intensive care unit for eight days to get her back alive. The first thing they did was show me a sample room when I went over there, and before I could get back to the hospital to tell my mother about it, they already had picked her up with some kind of vehicle, taken her over there, and put her in a room that was really terrible. It was filthy; it had about 20 patches on the walls. The bathroom poop up underneath, and it was all black underneath. There was one light bulb in that bathroom, and it was painted a very dark brownish-orange color. It was really dark and dirty. There was no furniture except for one real stiff black old wooden chair and her bed, and what they showed me was brand new. They had a brand new room they show you, and they also have a new administration building, but the other part of it is old; however, they were in the process of renovating it to some extent. They kept her in there for five days, and the night nurses were really rough on her. She broke her pubic bone, if you know what that is. It was pitch dark in that room, and she was scared. The head nurse did come in and she saw the situation, and I have explained to her that they had shown me a much nicer room, so they moved her over to another wing away from the night nurse, who would mistreat her, and put her in a better room. The doctor that was there gave her Lasix twice a day, and he never came in to see her. He sent a male nurse practitioner in there, and they never did anything; they asked how you feel because I was there every day for 8hrs a day. She was dehydrated, and I said to the head nurse, "We need to get her hydrated; she hasn’t had a bowel movement for as long as she has been in here, and there was some little liquid around the impaction that she was getting." I was informed very impolitely by his nurse that my mother was not a patient of the doctor; she was a patient of the nursing home, and the nursing home employed the doctor, so she wouldn’t give any help. I asked the nurses to call, and this went on for a couple of weeks. Finally they called me one night and said she is failing, that I better come. I went over there at 1:30 in the morning, and her blood pressure was 70/30. My son had come, and he had gone over there and stayed with her at night; it was a good thing. He said they have tried to put a catheter in her for how many times and put IV in her and stuck her about 20 times and never could get it in. They said the nurse who knows how to do this was not here. They tried to find her, and an hour later they located her in Tampa, which is 100 miles away. I told them to bring her to the hospital, and immediately she was put in the Emergency Room. The food was edible. The only good thing about this place is the therapist was excellent, and there were some people who were trying to help.

January 28, 2012

By Leslie2

New Horizions is a place I would bring my own family members if needed. I found out about this place because a my friend's mom works there. Soon after, I found myself volunteering there to help out the people and get community service hours. The staff are all extremely inviting, as well as many of the patients. Every day there is a schedule to go by which consists of meals, out days where they ride the bus to travel somewhere, and what I call meet and greats where some kind of well known artists that show off his or her talents. All in all New Horizons Rehabilitation center is a great place, and most of all it is CLEAN! I have never been in a center that was as clean as this one!

About The Lodge Health and Rehabilitation Center

The Lodge Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Ocala, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact The Lodge Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Lodge Health and Rehabilitation Center