The Lodge Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of The Lodge Health and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for The Lodge Health and Rehabilitation Center

October 12, 2017

By daughterofthek1ng

My grandfather was admitted for rehabilitation after recent back surgery. His therapists were wonderful, and that is the extent of what was good about his stay. He is diabetic and was not given his insulin on a regular schedule. They brought uncapped needles into his room for his shot and did a single pass with an alcohol swab to "clean"the injection sight. His "hot"meals were lukewarm at best, cold at worst and he was treated with an attitude when he asked for sweetener for his tea. On two separate occasions during his stay they brought his meal while he was in therapy so he did not get to eat, and at one point his blood sugar dropped to the 50's. The only time he was allowed outside during the two weeks was when they took him to the bus for his doctor's appointment. The nurses would not assist him with a shower, did not turn on medical equipment required by his surgeon unless we hounded them, refused to help him put on compression socks required by his doctor to help treat his lymphedema, and didn't even bother to let any family members know when he had to have an emergency xray. I do not recommend the lodge for anything other than physical/occupational therapy.

July 25, 2017

By karenbalaska

Other

Hello i wanted to submit a positive review of this place. My mom was admitted last Tuesday 7/18/2017 . She is being treated like the queen of the cassel. Every time i call the nurse they always call me back asap. My mom has early dementia and the staff is very patient. I would recommend this place to others in the area

July 20, 2017

By CAB ARMY

I am beyond pleased with the care at the Lodge! I visited my daughter for a week (with her dog) and they even let us stay in her room! Saw first hand the wonderful care she is receiving from the WHOLE staff! She also never had to wait for help when she rang for it! Not to mention physical therapy They are wonderful! They treated me (a visitor) and they treat her with total respect! If I ever have to go to get help I will definately try to go to The Lodge!

May 15, 2017

By mike-kelly

My wife is presently in there because of a stroke and her care and treatment in my opinion is less than satisfactory. The nurses are scarce,, the rooms are not cleaned properly, trash is only removed once a day and a doctor is seldom around. It is not as bad As Avanti but close. Therapy is pretty good but most everything else is below par in my opinion and others who has visited her.

December 14, 2016

By Suzanne848825

The Lodge Health & Rehabilitation Center was terrible. My husband fell off the bed because he was trying to go to the bathroom and needed assistance, but nobody was there. They didn't have concern for their residents.

September 02, 2015

By Caring72002850

I had to take my mother out in the middle of the night at The Lodge Health and put her in the intensive care unit for eight days to get her back alive. The first thing they did was show me a sample room when I went over there, and before I could get back to the hospital to tell my mother about it, they already had picked her up with some kind of vehicle, taken her over there, and put her in a room that was really terrible. It was filthy; it had about 20 patches on the walls. The bathroom poop up underneath, and it was all black underneath. There was one light bulb in that bathroom, and it was painted a very dark brownish-orange color. It was really dark and dirty. There was no furniture except for one real stiff black old wooden chair and her bed, and what they showed me was brand new. They had a brand new room they show you, and they also have a new administration building, but the other part of it is old; however, they were in the process of renovating it to some extent. They kept her in there for five days, and the night nurses were really rough on her. She broke her pubic bone, if you know what that is. It was pitch dark in that room, and she was scared. The head nurse did come in and she saw the situation, and I have explained to her that they had shown me a much nicer room, so they moved her over to another wing away from the night nurse, who would mistreat her, and put her in a better room. The doctor that was there gave her Lasix twice a day, and he never came in to see her. He sent a male nurse practitioner in there, and they never did anything; they asked how you feel because I was there every day for 8hrs a day. She was dehydrated, and I said to the head nurse, "We need to get her hydrated; she hasn’t had a bowel movement for as long as she has been in here, and there was some little liquid around the impaction that she was getting." I was informed very impolitely by his nurse that my mother was not a patient of the doctor; she was a patient of the nursing home, and the nursing home employed the doctor, so she wouldn’t give any help. I asked the nurses to call, and this went on for a couple of weeks. Finally they called me one night and said she is failing, that I better come. I went over there at 1:30 in the morning, and her blood pressure was 70/30. My son had come, and he had gone over there and stayed with her at night; it was a good thing. He said they have tried to put a catheter in her for how many times and put IV in her and stuck her about 20 times and never could get it in. They said the nurse who knows how to do this was not here. They tried to find her, and an hour later they located her in Tampa, which is 100 miles away. I told them to bring her to the hospital, and immediately she was put in the Emergency Room. The food was edible. The only good thing about this place is the therapist was excellent, and there were some people who were trying to help.

January 28, 2012

By Leslie2

New Horizions is a place I would bring my own family members if needed. I found out about this place because a my friend's mom works there. Soon after, I found myself volunteering there to help out the people and get community service hours. The staff are all extremely inviting, as well as many of the patients. Every day there is a schedule to go by which consists of meals, out days where they ride the bus to travel somewhere, and what I call meet and greats where some kind of well known artists that show off his or her talents. All in all New Horizons Rehabilitation center is a great place, and most of all it is CLEAN! I have never been in a center that was as clean as this one!

About The Lodge Health and Rehabilitation Center

The Lodge Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Ocala, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact The Lodge Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Lodge Health and Rehabilitation Center