Arbor Springs Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Arbor Springs Health and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Arbor Springs Health and Rehabilitation Center

September 26, 2018

By Peggy

My sister is in the memory care unit of Oakhurst Rehabilitation and Nursing Center. It's a really huge community with 160 beds, they have both rehab and long-term care. The place is clean, and the staff works really hard to take care of my sister. The only thing she complains about is the food, which is horrible; I would agree with her on that. The physician comes around to see her, and they also have a nurse practitioner that they can contact if they need something. There are lots of activities, my sister goes to a crafts class, and she really loves that there are lots of therapy animals there. We're all very satisfied with this community so far. It didn't have a very high rating when we did research regarding this place, but we found that that's not the case at all. My sister was in a room with a lady that really bothered her and the lady just wouldn't leave her alone, so my sister requested a room change and they accommodated her without problems. However, they don't really have a separate memory care unit for people with dementia, so my sister is mixed in with all the long-term care people, and that worries me. There are times I feel like they don’t even understand what her diagnosis is, and that dementia is not really at the forefront of their evaluations and things like that.

August 08, 2016

By Nothere

CNAs are wonderful, but they can't do everything. It typically takes 1-3 hours to get any unscheduled medicines...such as pain pills or sleeping pills. The cable has been out for 4 weeks and I can only pickup 5 channels...which 2 are very blurry. When you ask anyone they say it is due to an upgrade by the cable company. I'm surprised the cable company would shut off service while waiting to do an upgrade. Some tvs pick up 2 or 3 more channels or have better reception. Though I was told someone would look into it...maintenance just tells youthe cable upgrade will be "this week" and it will take care of the problem.

January 31, 2016

By JL7

Grandpa loves Oakhurst Center. They gave him plenty of attention, and he got up walking back in the walker. So, he really likes the rehab. They get him up, and make him walk. He lives in a wheelchair, and now he’s in his walker. It’s more institutional than assisted living for sure, but what they have is a really big place. It’s like a big nurses’ station with four wings. My grandpa has a roommate, the bathroom is really nice, and he has a room of his own; which is nice. It’s not decorated like a home or assisted living, but it’s more like a doctor’s office; more like a hospital. There are TV’s, and a little cafeteria where they can go get their food earlier. It’s just kind of like they’re wheeled in a wheelchair, and they can watch the TV on the wall; but they can’t change the channels

July 06, 2015

By Patricia110515150

Their rooms could be a little better at Oakhurst Square. They were like regular hospital rooms. My father was well taken care of. It did not have a homey atmosphere.

March 13, 2014

By Veronica S

I would never recommend this facility. The care is negligent and administration is ineffective. I honestly believe they hastened my family member's death.

October 09, 2013

By Joe21

I was at Oakhurst to visit my aunt, the facility is very nice, an upscale facility. It looked good and clean. My aunt seemed to be comfortable in this rehab facility. The facility appears to be well kept and the personnel were very nice.

September 12, 2013

By Sherry18

It was beautiful, well maintained and excellent facility. It had a big hospital attached to it. People looked very comfortable even though they were wheelchair bound.

August 09, 2013

By Nancy55569050

My dad was with Oakhurst Center for about five week. The physical therapy people were very good. They worked very well with him with his therapy. They were very patient with him. He was hearing impairment and they would lean down and speak to him so that he would understand the instructions. He was in a wheel chair and he was a real fall hazard so they had alarms on his bed and on wheelchair to make sure that he didn't would get up and fall. When he had c-diff while he was there, they isolated him in a private room. They took good care of him with that. They kept him clean. All in all, I was very pleased with the way they took care of him. The only problem I had with them was on the weekend they seemed to be short staffed.

March 28, 2013

By Janet11

I would give this a facility a five/five stars in all aspects.

April 28, 2012

By KK1

"We've gone to this nursing home and one of the attendants stole my wife's credit card and over billed us. They take her credit card when she billed to therapy then they go out for lunch, filled the car with gasoline, then got back and put the credit card back. And now I'm trying to get my money back. And I have to get a lawyer. They also gave her a form to sign that cause her to drop her medical insurance and sign up for medicare because they didn't want to do the paperwork to billed to the medical insurance to get the money. Stay away from this place!"

Photos of Arbor Springs Health and Rehabilitation Center

About Arbor Springs Health and Rehabilitation Center

Arbor Springs Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Ocala, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Arbor Springs Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Arbor Springs Health and Rehabilitation Center