Grand Villa of Delray Beach East

Reviews of Grand Villa of Delray Beach East

Assisted Living Reviews for Grand Villa of Delray Beach East

September 01, 2020

By barbud

Staff is pleasant but check in orientation is horrendous. No orientation whatsoever, which makes it difficult for a new resident during COVID-19 restrictions promises are not kept

January 09, 2018

By Sarah

Grand Villa of Delray Beach East was amazing. They showed us two bedrooms, apartments, memory ward for Alzheimer's, the dining room, a separate game room, and a sitting area with animals like birds. It was very nice. We saw the residents happy and talking while eating. They had a menu of things to choose from that looked pretty good. The place was clean. Residents were walking around telling us how great it is. They had their own mailboxes, and it was nice to see them being a little more independent. They had daily activities with a schedule, so every day there were four or five different things they can choose from, including shopping, games, or watching movies. There was a party going on when we were there for one of the staff members' birthday. They arrange shuttle buses for free if you let them know a few days ahead of time.

May 10, 2017

By Linda220546

Grand Villa (Grand Villa of Delray Beach East) was a very nice, large, active community. When I was there, they were having Cinco de Mayo with a band by the pool and a buffet. It was very nice. The place was accommodating and clean. I think it would be more for an abled person than someone who needs assistance.

May 10, 2017

By Judith748111

Grand Villa of Delray Beach East was very nice and had studios, one-bedrooms, and two-bedrooms that you can make up however you wanted to be comfortable. They had everything in one place and had doctors coming in as opposed to the patient going out. Everyone seems to be very nice, especially Julie, the person who took me on the tour.

April 25, 2017

By Heather731478

My loved one, Tony, is in Grand Villa of Delray Beach East temporarily. It's beautifully landscaped and very impressive from the outside. They’re offering a whole bunch of stuff, but Tony stays in his room. I brought him his own wheelchair, so now he has the ability to wheel himself out to the dayroom to watch TV until his own TV arrives and is set up. It seems like a really nice place. I’ve been in and out of nursing homes either professionally working or visiting patients and this was, by far, the cleanest that I have ever experienced and there was no odor. It was almost as though an inspection was going on. Everybody looked wonderful and nobody was hanging out by themselves drooling or screaming to go to the bathroom. I was really impressed. They serve all three meals, and there’s laundry service. What Tony likes is they have a van that will take him from the Grand Villa to the VA hospital at no charge.

April 18, 2017

By Gail211645

My father is very happy at Grand Villa of Delray Beach East. However, one area that he is not happy with is the activities since they seem to be geared toward women. There seems to be 75% women and 25% men in there and not a lot of activities for men. I personally do not like the administrative staff because they're not helpful, but the day-to-day staff are wonderful people. They really care about their patients and take very good care of them. My father very much likes the food. Everything is perfect with the cleanliness of his room. His window looks out at the front of the drive and allows for people-watching who is coming and going. He is happy with his room. There always seems to be musical things going on in the lobby, which is right down from his room. He definitely is happy at Grand Villa East. I would highly recommend this place. He feels like he is amongst his peers financially.

April 18, 2017

By Gay847365

Grand Villa of Delray Beach East was very pretty. I liked it a lot. I was shown a little apartment that was adorable, and the friendly staff was amazing. Lauren was a wonderful representative. My sister-in-law was a nun for many years, so the fact that they have visiting clergy is a real plus. The community is a progressive one where they start off in apartments and as their memory erodes, they’re transitioned into higher care units and finally into the Alzheimer's units. I believe they serve all three meals because they keep track to make sure that they’re eating.

November 17, 2016

By Bob507427

Grand Villa of Delray Beach East was very nice. It was a beautiful place. Everything about it was great, and I loved the facility. I'd go there myself. It was wonderful, clean, and well manicured, and people were fantastic. I'd recommend it.

September 09, 2016

By J.B.346364

Grand Villa of Delray East was beautiful. The staff appeared to be very good, and the food was good. The rooms looked very nice.

August 18, 2016

By Leo180443

I placed my wife at Grand Villa of Delray East. The staff is very caring and give her what she needs. They give her medication and meals on time. The dining room is very nice.

May 10, 2016

By AnonymousLDHQB

Grand Villa of Delray East was clean, had nice people, and had good proximity to us. It seemed like a good fit.

March 28, 2016

By Shirley121728550

My impression of Grand Villa of Delray Beach East was very good. The lobby was clean and didn't smell. They were actually playing music from the 1930s or 1940s, which is something my aunt would have enjoyed. This is my choice, and this is where I am going to put her. The staff was wonderful. I saw the residents playing bingo. They have a motion sensor in the room, so if the patient gets out of bed at night, the motion sensor lights the way to the bathroom, then a spotlight in the bathroom that comes on and shines on the toilet so they can find their way to it. And it also triggers a beeper the medical assistants or CNAs carry that tells them there's motion in that specific room, so then they can go check on them to make sure they got back in bed safely. That was the thing that sold me on this place.

March 03, 2016

By happy resident's sister

My brother moved into Grand Villa of Delray East this week. He and my family are on cloud nine. Our expectations have been exceeded . My only regret is that there are only 5 stars to give and not 10. He has been treated like a King by the most caring , warm professional staff I have ever seen at an Assisted Living Facility. I am a Social Worker/Case manager in the field for 20 years and have seen plenty. Grand Villa surpasses them all by far. His apartment is spacious and lovely. The whole Ambience and feel of the entire place is a combination of beauty, elegance and coziness. We are anxiously awaiting the completion of a new outside gazebo area and new library. Every need of my brothers has been addressed in most cases before he can even ask. Staff including maintenance is available to help 24/7. He loves the gorgeous dining room and being waited on as if he out for fine dining which it seemed like to me every time I eat there as a guest. . This week he was taken to his outside doctor appointments in a private town car. The physician Dr. Block and Nurse Practitioner are superior as well. Steve had an order for physical therapy to start before we even left their office which is right there at Grand villa. This review might sound too good to be true , but it really is true. . I feel like we are part of big, wonderful family now.

February 10, 2016

By Sukismama

My experience at Grand Villa of Delray Beach has been very pleasant. The food is good, and the help are very kind. If it weren’t that good, I wouldn’t have my husband go there. Cleanliness was immaculate. That’s my priority.

November 21, 2015

By juttaschildren

Almost 4 years ago Mom was living alone in Brooklyn, NY. We decided that it was time for her to make the move to an Assisted Living Facility in Florida, because that is where we lived. Truth be told, she did not want to go. We looked at a number of facilities from Boca to West Palm Beach and decided on the facility that is now Grand Villa East. Mom said that she would stay for 3 weeks at most. It has been close to 4 years and she now calls Grand Villa East "my home". The facility is extremely clean. The staff is very courteous and knowledgeable. She has a lovely 1 bedroom apartment and enjoys 3 wonderful meals a day. She spends her times doing activities, listening to lectures and enjoying the entertainment provided weekly. She is very happy there and that makes us very happy. We would recommend it highly. Linda and Walter

September 15, 2015

By Barbara A.

Grand Villa of Delray East was really excellent, but the charges were very high, and if you ran out of money, they will throw you out. Everything was very nice. They had upgraded everything. It was very modern.

Thank you for your kind words about Grand Villa East and the high quality services we provide.

There are many resources available to help to pay for Assisted Living and other care options, including benefits available from the Veteran’s Administration and government programs such as Medicaid Long Term Care . Our Leasing Coordinators are very knowledgeable about these types of support programs and can be helpful in guiding you to these resources. As always, our leasing team is readily available to speak with any client in need of information related to available programs.

Thank you again for your praise of our community and team of associates!

Sincerely,

Linda Horvath

Executive Director

June 27, 2015

By Judel

The staff is tremendously caring. That's all that matters really.

January 25, 2015

By Anna24

We had my sister-in-law at Heritage Park East, LLC. When we first went in, it was fine, but they didn't give the care that they were doing where my sister-in-law is at now. My sister-in-law has Alzheimer's, and she doesn't eat, but Heritage Park East didn't really address that. If my sister-in-law didn't eat, they took her back upstairs, and they didn't even make sure that she ate. When we were leaving, it was a disaster, e.g., they lost her medication, and they kept us back two hours from travelling. The initial going into it was great, and my sister-in-law had a very nice apartment, but it was chaos when we were getting ready to leave. The staff was not too good; however, the aides were very helpful. We thought my sister-in-law should be in Alzheimer's, but they put her in assisted living there, so it was just a lot of misunderstanding more than anything. The place was lovely, the apartment was beautiful, the people there were very nice, and their food was wonderful. However, I think they need a little bit more organization in the aide department. It was just a bad departure, but everything else was really good about it.

July 18, 2014

By Caring85741950

I have placed my sister in Grand Villa. It is close to me. It is convenient. It looks quite good. I like this place. The staff is great. They are very qualified. They are caring. They are really good. Her room is beautiful. I have looked at the menu, and I see a good variety. I would imagine the food has its up and downs, but basically, it looks nutritious. Activities are pretty great. They have bingo, exercise, music, and concerts. Overall, I like just about everything about Grand Villa. I think they have everything that a senior would appreciate. They have activities. They care for you. They do quite well.

February 20, 2013

By ybu

I recently visited this facility and was appalled by the appearance and filth. The staff that greeted me at the front desk was rude and short and could not be bothered. The residents were either sitting in the halls congregating and socializing amongst themselves or sleeping in the front lobby. I did speak with a few residents on a tour that I went on with an older lady who knew nothing and was cold. The residents were upset over many changes since apparently new owners took over and things are changing for the worst from what the comments were. They mentioned good staff are walking out. The food went doownhill. The residents say they are cutting corners and raising the rents. They mentioned there is noting to do - the activities are very lacking. They only play old movies in black and white that they have seen over and over. They have a van for shopping that is always broken. Ithe residents feel they are in a prison. The management staff is poorly trained and the front reception staff during the day is rude and makes you feel like you are in a prison. Don't go here

We're so sorry you had this experience. We've undergone a lot of change since then, and we welcome any feedback from our residents, their family members and their friends. Our goal is to provide seniors with a caring, safe residence that truly looks like home and feels like family.

Memory Care Reviews for Grand Villa of Delray Beach East

Questions about Grand Villa of Delray Beach East

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All required training

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Grand Villa of Delray Beach East. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Mid to late 80's, very active!

What programs or activities does Grand Villa of Delray Beach East offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Cards, gambling, shopping, lunch outings, music, moves, lectures and exercise, cultural events, parties and more!

What places are near Grand Villa of Delray Beach East or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Shopping, restaurants, arcade, gambling, coffee shops, library

What transportation services does Grand Villa of Delray Beach East offer to assisted living residents?

Full transport to medical appointments as well as recreational activities

What makes the chef or dining program at Grand Villa of Delray Beach East exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Scratch cooking, fresh food, lots of variety you will not get bored! Food committee meetings to change up menu if residents choose.

What safety features or security measures does Grand Villa of Delray Beach East offer to assisted living residents?

Security cameras, staff around the clock, fire sprinkler, generators, emergency response system, motion sensors in memory care, wander bracelets in memory care, secure memory care unit

How does Grand Villa of Delray Beach East keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

communication through with department heads, staff via cell phone, office line, email, fax, text any way the family prefers to communicate as we have an open door policy

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Grand Villa of Delray Beach East during daytime and nighttime hours?

varies based on need

If Grand Villa of Delray Beach East accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

yes we are pet friendly!

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

All required training and then some

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

varies depending on need

What safety features or security measures does Grand Villa of Delray Beach East provide to protect residents who wander?

See safety feature above

What programs or activities does Grand Villa of Delray Beach East offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Individual programming for each resident based on needs and wants.

Director of Nursing or an LPN

What techniques does Grand Villa of Delray Beach East use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Delightful dining, soft music, staf support, constant attention and care, guidance in feeding, or hand over hand

How does Grand Villa of Delray Beach East keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

monthly or any change in condition

Describe the neighborhood around Grand Villa of Delray Beach East. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Residential area, very green and spacious with lakes, trees, birds, otters and more!

Is Grand Villa of Delray Beach East affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Delray Medicaid Center is close by although we are not affiliated

Costs for Grand Villa of Delray Beach East

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Minimum Age: Yes
  • Pets: Yes

About Grand Villa of Delray Beach East

Our beautiful assisted living and Alzheimer's community in Delray Beach, Florida, has an inviting atmosphere where caring staff, wonderful features, and outstanding amenities, come together to help every resident get the most out of life.

At Grand Villa of Delray East we offer many different lifestyle options to meet a wide range of needs. We offer assisted living, Alzheimer’s and dementia care, a Senior Day Program and short-term stays. Our residents only pay for the services they require and use. Our all-inclusive monthly rate includes medication management, three delicious daily meals, a wide range of social and recreational opportunities, housekeeping, and so much more!

Grand Villa encourages residents to enjoy every day, whether relaxing in one of our cozy lounges or taking advantage of opportunities to socialize with friends. Our full-time Activities Coordinator packs our calendar with activities, parties, lectures, and classes that are fun and informative. A wide range of exercise programs and group activities, such as crafts and Bingo, are offered on a daily basis.

The apartments at Grand Villa are inviting and impeccably maintained by our professional staff. Sizes range from cozy studios to roomy two bedrooms with kitchenettes.

Our goal at Grand Villa of Delray Beach East is to be a home, a community, and a family. We promote loving care, happiness, and healthy living. Our commitment is to always act with integrity, respect privacy, preserve dignity, and encourage independence.

Thank you for considering Grand Villa of Delray Beach East senior living community. We hope you’ll choose to become a member of our family.

Call today for more information and to schedule a personal tour.

Map of Grand Villa of Delray Beach East