Gulf Coast Village

Reviews of Gulf Coast Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Gulf Coast Village

August 16, 2016

By Tammie205047

We were not very happy with Gulf Coast. The lady we had the appointment with was late, and she didn’t really seem to know what their assisted living could handle. It’s a very nice, clean facility, but it wasn’t a place we were looking for.

August 15, 2016

By Darlene684234

Gulf Coast Village Assisted Living was an excellent place but a bit more expensive than what we wanted to pay. The room was very interesting because there was a very large living room, a bedroom, a bathroom, and a full kitchen. The staff was very nice to show us around and talk to us. They had a game area and a family gathering room.

July 27, 2016

By Pat228500

We are living at Gulf Coast Village. It was great for almost a year, but then we got a new administration and changes were made for them to make money. Our welfare doesn't seem to matter anymore. I'm in the assisted living part, and I'm pretty disgusted right now. They have room service, like cleaning, laundry, CNAs to help people get down to dinner, meals, free cable, and activities. They have exercise groups and virtual bowling which is a lot of fun, and board games after virtual bowling, which I always go to, and on Sunday they have an indoor croquet set; everybody plays croquet and act like kids, and it's really fun. It used to be really good, but now it's just terrible. The food is just terrible. We had to move to a new building, and we got less but paid more, so I'm pretty disgusted.

September 25, 2015

Gulf Coast Village was very well-maintained and they had very good programs there. The rooms were very nice. There have 2-bedroom apartments. They have excellent staff as far as nurses and doctors. They have swimming pools, movie theaters, libraries, and banks located right there. It?s very nice and convenient. I am in the process of getting my parents to go there. It is convenient to my location and it?s also very close to Memorial Hospital. You have to pick from the menu on what you want to eat.

August 27, 2015

By Laverne6

I am now established in Gulf Coast Village. I have only been here for 2 ½ weeks, and the residents and the staff are very friendly. I was just so impressed with it. Right now I am in the beginning place where you just go in and still be your own person, and then they have places to go if I get sick or even if I get Alzheimer's or something. They have the whole gamut, but they are all in separate units, so you are not living with people who are not well. The dining room is lovely. I eat in the dining room three times a month, and I do that in the evening because I have a full kitchen also in my apartment, so I can have breakfast and lunch right here or eat lunch and dinner in the dining room. They also have little shops that you can eat at if you want to get a bite to eat or something. I am just really impressed; I truly am.

April 19, 2015

By Michele27

My mom was at Gulf Coast Village. The staff's working attitude was good. They were very good. They were very friendly, and they took care of the patients well. The apartments were beautiful. My mom was in assisted living. The rooms were a little small but not as small as others I've seen. We had a meal there, and the food was delicious. The dining room in the assisted living was nice. The dining room in independent was very nice. The activities in AL were continuous. There were an awful lot. I couldn't believe how much they did everyday even on weekends.

August 27, 2014

Gulf Coast Village was okay. I had a meal and it wasn't too bad, but the rooms weren't all that great. Also you would be in one building, so you don't go out to other places onsite. The dining room was fine. What I like best about Gulf Coast Village is that it is in Cape Coral, so that's an advantage as it is not too far from my home. It can easily be reached by anyone staying atmy house, so I like that. I like my family near.

August 08, 2014

By robbiel

visited several times, seems like a comfortable place for a mobile person to settle down and enjoy

April 30, 2014

By Caring020423

My mom had stayed at Gulf Coast Village Assisted Living for some time. When she was there, the care was good. She had her own bed, and there were activities too, but my mom preferred to stay in her room. She was happy there until they wanted her to move. However, she could not stay in the assisted living area, and I agreed with them. And once they decided she should be moved to the nursing home, the care went down. We got her out, and when we got back, they had already moved her furniture and painted the room, so we were furious. I would recommend they get more staff on the floors.

December 30, 2013

By Michele11

Gulf Coast Village was large, spacious, very clean, and I thought it was excellent. The staff was very friendly and outgoing and very sweet with the residents. We actually saw a lot of that. The surroundings were very clean and decorative. The food was excellent.

October 13, 2013

By Irene10

We moved into Gulf Coast Village last August. We like it because it has all three phases of life, and we don't have to leave here for any of it. It has very nice setting and everything seems to be just what we wanted. The apartment is larger, a 2-bedroom/2-bath. They have nice grounds to walk and a little pond. They have all sorts of activities for you to participate with, if you're able. They seem to be very accommodating. A lot of the residents aren't able, but they do what they can. They schedule it very nicely and keep the residents busy all day long. It's very friendly and nicely run. It just felt better to us. We haven't been here for too long, but what we're enjoying it very much. We would recommend it.

February 09, 2013

By db not happy

As the executor of my father's estate I want to warn any potential customers about the "Entrance Fee" refund. It has been 40 months and the refund has stil not been returned. I want to warn any one considering this facillity to consider the length of time the contract can be strung out.

July 23, 2012

By David.Eskin

The facility was a rather pleasant place to visit, having numerous amenities. It possessed a large swimming pool with tasteful furniture and well groomed foliage, as well as several paved walking paths around the pool area. Inside of the complex it had several semi-private lounges for visitors and residents. The complex also had a ballroom with a baby grand piano, a large recreation room with glass tables with many puzzles and board games, as well as several Televisions and numerous up to date magazines provided by the staff. There was also a dining room with wait staff with reasonably good food. The actual room assigned to my grandmother was spacious enough for her, but not large enough to accompany visitors (although the lounges and other amenities alleviated this issue). There was room for her to bring some of her own furniture, such as some cabinets and shelves. Her room also possessed a window with a view of grass and trees, not a parking lot or major road. The staff was friendly and dedicated, ensuring that my grandmother took her medicine as well as checking in on her throughout the day. Given the facility's policy of grouping residents into wing's based on level of independence and coherence, she was afforded a number of opportunities to socialize with other residents, both of her own accord and through organized events such as mahjong games and bingo tournaments. As a whole the facility provided an above expected quality of life for my Grandmother during the last years of her life, as well as taking good care of her and making it easy and enjoyable to visit her. I would recommend the facility to those in the area.

April 11, 2012

By commercesd

We visited the Gulf Coast Village Assisted Living in Cape Coral while searching for a suitable assisted living facility for my friend's mother. The staff greeted us and seemed very warm and friendly. The outer grounds looked well-kept and pleasant. The foyer was nicely decorated and seemed very comfortable, as did all of the communal rooms. The apartments were all clean, well-kept and conveniently designed, according to each resident's tastes. The activity calendar featured many healthy and stimulating activities. We liked that the staff encourages participation and tries to make everything interesting for its residents. The food looked deliciously prepared, as well as nutritious. The dietician and chef changes up the menu to keep it interesting and encourage residents to make suggestions. The dining areas were nicely designed and warm. Residents may choose communal dining or more private situations. There are places for them to visit with families, as well. They have outings to local libraries, events, culture, restaurants, shopping and even athletic activities. They take suggestions to update the schedule as much as possible and keep the activities stimulating. The exercise room includes exercise classes and equipment is also available. Residents can also safely navigate the lovely garden pathways and courtyards safely. The staff appeared to make every effort to ensure that the residents were both safe and comfortable in this living environment.

Independent Living Reviews for Gulf Coast Village

Nursing Home Reviews for Gulf Coast Village

March 31, 2014

By Helen36

My father-in-law was at Gulf Coast Village, and they were wonderful there to him. He was there for rehabilitation, and they were great. They also have assisted living, too. The good thing about Gulf Coast is the people who worked in occupational therapy and physical therapy were the same ones that he had four years earlier. Very well run facility, and the people are very pleasant. The people would tell you it's a good place to work besides being good with them. There are no odors or anything. Very, very clean, and they were always mopping, and the nursing staff was all very friendly. I couldn’t find one bad thing to say about Gulf Coast, and my father-in-law even said if he ever had to go anywhere, that's where he'd want to go. From the nurses down to anybody who cleaned the floor, they're all very pleasant, very nice people.

April 26, 2013

By No Hockey

My mom was a resident of this community for years. She moved into an independent apartment, that was much smaller than her home and this place was such a blessing for all us kids. She didn't have to do housekeeping on a 1 bedroom apartment because Gulf Coast Village did! We all had to take turns going to the house to help her and that turned into a nightmare after our dad dyed. My brother had to take care of big things when he came to visit but my sister and I live here and it was getting real hard because are kids were in elementary and middle school before she moved in. Made things hard on us and she was feeling guilty. My brother felt bad for all of us since he had moved away and we were doing all of the hard work. That was when we all decided to look for a CCRC. We looked at Shell Pointe and Gulf Coast Village and we new it would be Gulf Coast Village. She loved Gulf Coast Village. I wasn't real sure how she would do at first because she did not know anyone when she moved in but made alot of friends super fast. The staff was so wonderful. Mom had to have a knee done a couple year's ago and the Care Center staff was so great at helping make sure she was back up and at it as fast as can be. Her surgeon had a suggestion on where she could go for therapy and she kind of laughed and said something like no way, don't you know I live at Gulf Coast Village? She said it like he was an idiot. I told her she was being rude I was so embarased and she told me he should be embarased for trying to send her somewhere else. Even after she began to need some help mom didn't have to move to an assisted living apartment because we used the Catered Living, that's not food, to give her more help in her apartment. Dottie told us how it worked and how it would help keep her independent and we said absolutely. They helped make sure she took her medicine and any other little helps that she needed. Mom died last year and we got 80% of what she paid for her apartment when they sold it. We took that for me and my brothers and sisters kids and split that to put toward all of their college. She would be happy to know that's what we did with that money. So thank you for offering that back. I know there are fancier places around town but you will not go wrong here.

July 31, 2011

By 7Thesoy

The assisted living section of Gulf Coast Village is known as the Manor. My aunt lived there for several years and was very happy there. She had looked at similar facilities in Fort Myers, but finally chose Gulf Coast Village because she felt that it would be easier for her friends to continue to visit her there since it is located in Cape Coral. She always spoke very highly of the staff and the quality of the food. When I visited her there, I always found the staff to be very friendly and responsive. She enjoyed the activities that were available at the facility as well as the activities that were available offsite, with transportation provided by Gulf Coast Village. Before she moved in to the Manor, my aunt had been concerned about potentially losing her independence or feeling confined. After she made the move, she told me many times that she was very happy with her decision and wished that she had done it sooner. She enjoyed the security and convenience that the Manor offered.

Memory Care Reviews for Gulf Coast Village

Services and Amenities of Gulf Coast Village

About Gulf Coast Village

We understand the challenges of caring for a loved one memory impairment. That's why we're here to offer our specialized expertise to help make your loved one's days brighter, while giving you peace of mind.

Gulf Coast Village offers two, unique Memory Care neighborhoods designed to meet the unique needs of all levels of memory impairment, including those requiring 24 hour nursing care. Every member of our staff is a trained professional who provides your family member with the highest level of individualized care. Ongoing education provided by certified dementia trainers keeps our caregivers abreast of the latest research and philosophies in caring for those with memory-related disorders.

Map of Gulf Coast Village