Boynton Health Care Center

Reviews of Boynton Health Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Boynton Health Care Center

April 13, 2018

By joutback

.The staff were awful , unskilled, not thorough or responsive, there was a lack of staff .coverage , average wait time after my father rang help bell was 35 minutes but was as kong as one hour at times . He had to wear diapers as they never got him to bathroom in time and often left him sitting there . We had to keep telling them what meds he had to get, rhey often forgot to flush pic line , they took blood and sent father to hospital saying he needed a transfusion. And hospital did blood draw and his hemoglobin was fune he didn't need a transfusion at all. No communication with each other, family, or patien, they even had no idea how to reach their own staff doctors giving us wring number in paper work and verbally Family meeting set up and the social worker resigned and they has dietician run meeting who walked out saying , she makes tooo little to do this and doesn't even know anything about discharge planning, and further had no clue what to do as far as planning fur discharge We often spoke with administrator and director of nursing who yes us to death but did nothing One day they told father he was leaving in the morning but never told us nor did dr discharge him. They also told us he had a blood clot in his leg. When I asked to see report it clearly said no blood clot found. Yet they were giving him a medication for that. They broke my fathers walker and reguse to fix or replace Food always arrived cold and although they have an outside patio in back there is no automatic door open or close and a huge unleveled threshold that wheel chairs cant get over plus no way to summon help. So once you are out there no one knows , can see you nor way for patient to get help if needed or even get back in. ( most patients are in wheelchairs) If you place a loved one here you need to watch and monitor. Closely. I feejs sorry for those that are here that have no on3 to monitor or advocate I will day. This place was very clean and food was decent

August 24, 2017

By Lexi B

Worst place ever. they do not care about the best interested of their patients.The doctor sees the patients one a week at best. . I the doctor doesn't event take the time to look at notes in charts . The Nurses who are not RNs but LPNs just give out medication. they do not care about their patients your just a bed paying a bill.

August 07, 2017

By corkienan

When I had my best friend placed in Boynton Health Care Center he was unable to walk or feed himself, was very confused about everything, and was a recovering alcoholic. He spent three months there with occupational therapy, physical therapy, counseling and guidance. At the end of three months when he was released he was able to go home to live on his own. He did continue to receive home nursing and therapies for a short period of time. Now, less than six months later, he has returned to work full-time, is driving, is back dining out and dancing, and completely independent. Most people thought he'd need a long-term care facility once released from Boynton Healthcare, but they did such an awesome job with him he was able to rejoin the regular population almost immediately.

December 08, 2016

By Annie w

I heard great things about this place and was very surprised with the level of care. The doctor "sees" the patients one a week. I really believe the doctor just looks at the nurses notes and does a few pop ins. My father in-law had a stroke and the nurse said the doctor was aware and said the change in his behavior was "normal" . Two days he was laying there with his stroke and nothing was done until I went there and saw him.

April 04, 2016

By u1012

My Mother-in-Law has been a resident for almost 3 years and the care has been excellent. The staff is professional, caring and capable. We live in New England and it is good to know that they will call to inform us of any minor issue. The staff members have such a difficult job, but they all perform with a smile. The facility is also immaculate and the administrative staff are especially helpful.

July 06, 2015

By Jackee

My mom has been in this facility for 3 weeks. We do not have a discharge date at this time so maybe another week or 2. She was on the list for a private room which she got after 1 week. She is extremely comfortable in her room. The aids and the nurses are attentive, kind and always available. The case manager has been terrific. I had a conference call with her physical therapist, nutrition dept, nursing supervisor and the case manager. They were informative, and only have my mother's best interest in mind. The physical therapist, Victoria is terrific. She understands the physical needs as well as the emotional needs. I feel very comfortable when I am not there, she is taken care of completely. Truth be told, the reason why I did not give 5 stars, there was 1 problem that happened twice and there are times she does not get what she has ordered. In all fairness, they will get her anything on the "always" list which is many choices.

May 09, 2015

By afj0929

My mother in law has been at 2 other skilled nursing facilities and they cannot even come close in comparison when it come to quality care! Boynton Health Care takes pride in providing excellent therapy, nursing care, and assistance to families from admission to discharge. There is an open door policy with managers and someone is always available to assist you. The employees are friendly, the facility is extremely clean, and the food is pretty good (they provide so many alternatives if you do not like the main 2 choices). There are group activities and things are offered for those who choose to stay in the room. The dogs from their "Pet Therapy Program" are the best! They are listed as "US News Best Nursing Homes" and are recognized by the state with awards. Not enough people acknowledge the great things that these providers do! They have a very strong reputation in the community from residents of Boynton and physicians as being the best. Do not let other reviews deter you from staying there!

February 01, 2015

By Essie's

My 90 yr old mother was at this facility following surgery. They overworked her in physical therapy, too quickly, and she ended up in the hospital. They didn't even have a Dr. on the premises. The food is horrible, you rarely get anything that resembles what you ordered. Her elderly neighbor layed in her own waste until somebody finally came to change her. This facility does not deserve a good rating.

January 16, 2015

Boynton Health Care Center was very good. The staff was very good, and the accommodations were very good, but the food was not very good. My husband had a private room which is nice and comfortable, but the shared rooms were small.

December 07, 2013

By rosa ramirez 6

The institution is kept very clean. I even saw the cleaning lady use the same brush to clean the toilet and the sink. Amazing. The food served is in a class by itself. Your toy poodle probably eats better. The staff simply don't care about your loved one. The management views each person as a profit center. I lost many nights of sleep when my sister was there.

May 10, 2012

By maggie two

My husband has been in this facility for the past eight months and we are verypleased with the staff and the facility itself. My husband has moderate alzheimers and is very happy with the entirecare he is receiving, the nurses are wonderful, the facility is clean at all times and he is well taken care of in everyway. I sleep very well due my peace of mind about BoyntonHealthCare.

Services and Amenities of Boynton Health Care Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Boynton Health Care Center

Boynton Health Care Center is a senior living provider in Boynton Beach, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Boynton Health Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Boynton Health Care Center