Hewitt Health & Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Hewitt Health & Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Hewitt Health & Rehabilitation Center

November 11, 2014

By OrangeDebby

My mother was there for 8 months. The first 2 were in the rehab area on the first floor, the balance on the second in long term care. My comments are directed towards the time she spent in long term care. The majority of staff there are caring, compassionate people who try to do the best they can for the patients. The care plan meetings produced many ideas and recommendations when I brought up concerns but they often did not translate into actual change upstairs. Being there 3-4 times a week I assumed they would update me often with what was going on, changes in meds etc but that never happened. It would be helpful to receive a booklet with names and numbers of people in the facility to contact for various things as I was constantly asking questions. Who do I talk to about getting my mom a haircut? When does the doctor see her? How do I arrange to get her a new pair of glasses? My biggest gripe concerned missing personal items. Many of her pants never came back from the laundry. When nine pairs of socks disappeared within 2 months I took over doing it. Her sun glasses went missing, her hearing aid container with batteries was "lost", her toothbrush holder with toothbrush and a full tube of paste went missing (with her name marked on it) and her fleece jacket which she had upon admission disappeared. None of these things ever showed up. As long as the patient is mentally able to do things for themselves care seems to be fairly good. When they become entirely dependent on others things change. Overall i would rate this facility as "adequate"

April 18, 2014

By Victorss

My mother has been at Hewitt for over a year now and she has got nothing but great care. Kind and compassionate nurses. Under construction right now. But defiantly does not have anything to do with the care she is getting. Would recommend anyone who had to make the same difficult choice as I did to use Hewitt. Plus it's very close for me and my wife to drive to.

May 19, 2012

By NursingHomeVisitor

I went to Apple-Hewitt Healthcare system at 45 Maltby Street in Shelton, CT to visit my great uncle. I was appalled at the conditions of the facility, and with how the patients were treated. When I was there, I saw nurses yelling at patients. I also saw many patients in the hallways sleeping in their wheelchairs and not getting any attention from the nurses. The quality of the food that was given to my uncle was very poor; it made him feel very homesick. Furthermore, when I was there, the staff was very rude; for example, when I asked one of the nurses why the food was cold when my uncle received it, she yelled back saying that it was the best they can do, and if it's that bad, I should bring food for him next time. Furthermore, the bathrooms were very badly taken care of. The ones in the hallways looked like they were cleaned maybe once a month. The only nice thing about this nursing home is the high school volunteers. Unlike the nurses, they were not cruel to the patients, and respected them.

August 11, 2011

By shyningwaterfal3

Visiting a client of mine weekly at Hewitt, I'm impressed with the quality of care the patients get. I've seen how the staff is well educated with dementia/Alzheimer. When she gets irritated and confused, the nurses and aides quickly diffuse her. It's like magic! It appears that the people that deliver food to the rooms are trained in that area also. Very pleasant atmosphere!

Services and Amenities of Hewitt Health & Rehabilitation Center

About Hewitt Health & Rehabilitation Center

Hewitt Health & Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Shelton, Connecticut that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Hewitt Health & Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Hewitt Health & Rehabilitation Center