Sunrise of Pinehurst

5195 West Quincy Avenue, Denver, CO 80236
Sunrise of Pinehurst (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 217 days

Please ask about our special incentives!

Reviews of Sunrise of Pinehurst

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Pinehurst

November 21, 2016

By Raylene365317

I went to Sunrise. I loved the people, but the rooms were like studio apartments, even though they said that it was one or two-bedroom; they were really not a living space and a bedroom. The facility is lovely. It is clean and nice. The staff was very friendly to me when I was there. It’s just the living space because we need a space where they could have a bedroom and have a living area with a TV and chairs. My dad would not go to the common area to watch TV with everybody. It needed to be more of an apartment, than a room. They just needed to improve on the rooms; everything else was likeable. They were awesome and wonderful. The staff was very knowledgeable. I spoke to the nurses, the recreation director, and the lady who guided me around, and everybody was very knowledgeable. I was impressed. It was very nice.

May 10, 2016

By GSJSUQ

My husband was transferred out of Sunrise of Pinehurst. They say that they know how to deal with people that have memory loss, Alzheimer’s, and dementia, and they do not. They do not have professional nurses on duty like I was told when I was looking to put him in there. I am very disgusted with the place. He fell at least eight times while he was there. I will not recommend it to anybody unless you’re going to be there to take care of your loved one. When the Super Bowl was on, they had people sitting in a room to watch. They had some outings to the movies, but my husband’s in a wheelchair and with oxygen, so they would pass him by. I cannot say anything good about it. They didn't take him to any activities and only started taking him down to the dining room after I kept on insisting. I can’t think of anything that I liked about them other than that the building was beautiful.

Thank you for sharing a review. Please know that we take concerns such as yours very seriously and would like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

December 16, 2015

By Visitor21

The staff at Sunrise at Pinehurst was great, but it was a very depressing place. Literally, we felt like the people were just waiting to die. Even though they have activities, it was so depressing that it shut down my parents’ interest completely about going into one of those facilities, so we stopped looking after that. The rooms were clean but they were pretty small. Although that’s relative to whomever is looking at it; but for my parents, that’s small. It was just not a good fit for my parents. The woman who gave us a tour, I would give her a 5-star rating because she tried really hard and she was great. But for the facility, I would give 2 stars.

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com so we can better understand your concerns. –The Sunrise Team

July 16, 2015

By Sunrisewow!

This place has gone down hill in the past two years. The staff that is not management only stays about 1 month until they have had enough and leave. Staff use to be happy and loved working at Sunrise. Now they hate it and it reflects on the care the are giving. Often are short staffed. The food is terrible often over cooked or worse yet under cooked. They can ruin food that is right out of a box! Upper management does not visit the residents to find out what they are unhappy about. Management walks around with heads in the clouds.

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

April 11, 2014

By Larry29

I had a visit at Sunrise of Pinehurst, and the facility is very nice. The room that I saw was also very nice. The staff are very friendly, professional, and accommodating.

December 20, 2013

By Lindathenurse

My Mother has been a resident of this facility for two years, first in the assisted living, and now in the memory care unit. This is a wonderful facility, from the staff, to the food, to the atmosphere. My Mom has received such good care here, that I wouldn't consider anywhere else for her.

November 05, 2013

By Sharon34

Sunrise gets an A+ in all categories and they are awesome and fantastic. The food was good and the room was beautiful. The facility is top notch and expensive. My grandparents transferred there until they died. We added on care based on what they need.

March 29, 2013

By Helen7

Sunrise of Pinehurst was an average and cozy place. The rooms were very small. The staff were cordial and welcoming. There was a library, shopping center and restaurant near the facility. The residents all seemed happy.

October 05, 2012

By cherijoy

Wonderful facility, amazing staff. In particular, they have expertise in memory care like no other memory care facility in Denver. Loving environment with caregivers who really care. Very impressive management.

May 02, 2012

By ABKID

This facility is very nice and the staff were very well trained. Overall the experience was good, the facility was spotless, and my dad was extremely pleased with the quality of food that he experienced while being cared for. Overall I loved the administration, they called everyday and gave me a check up on my dad. The gym was nice and the interior rooms were beautifully decorated. overall the stay here at this facility was one of the best that i have seen in a long time. The only complaint i have is that the phone in my dads bedroom did not work so i had no way to call him while i was away at work. But this is a minor complaint and the admins kept me well informed of his condition. In the end I highly recommend this facility to anyone who is looking for care for a loved one especially if you want a clean and friendly facility. I will from now on send my loved ones here because I know that they are are in the best care that can possibly be accomplished.

September 27, 2011

By Bear Valley Native

Our relationship with Sunrise Pinehurst began in Dec. 2010. The staff is caring and attentive. The one thing that is causing us to consider a move is the lack of security in and out of the rooms. When we are not here the room is locked. The staff can come and go as they please with no system (ie: card entry) to keep track of who enters. We have had 2 wedding rings, an expensive blanket, money and checking account numbers stolen. DO NOT come here without a safe OR don't bring anything of value with you.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Pinehurst