Bonaventure of Castle Rock

Reviews of Bonaventure of Castle Rock

Assisted Living Reviews for Bonaventure of Castle Rock

December 21, 2015

By Cindy D

My father has been in Bonaventure of Castle Rock for two weeks now. The staff isn't organized. They keep losing help. When my dad moved in, the heat was broken and the thermostat was not working, but they did finally get it working. The place is clean. They have a lot of socials, but he hasn't gotten really involved in that. Some of the food are decent, some are not, and they are geared for older people.

November 08, 2015

By Wayward

One star is too many. My mom and dad have been here pretty much since it was opened 2-3 years ago. The ONLY reason they have stayed is because they like their apartment layout. In the three years there's been somewhere in the vicinity of 35 so-called chefs working in the kitchen. The few times I was there for lunch or dinner I was appalled at the quality of the food. Even something as simple has a toasted english muffin had to be sent back three times and still came back to the table just barely warm. I was there for the fourth of July party in 2014 and the silverware was actually stuck to the table we were supposed to eat at. When we got our soup they had no soup spoons for us to eat it with. After I went to the kitchen and pounded on the door to get somebody's attention they finally found us some clean tablespoons to use. Originally the facility was very clean but as time has gone by the house keeping has gone down drastically. In my opinion I don't believe they're paying enough to keep good help and the help they do have is poorly trained.. The turnover rate is astronomical as near as I can tell. At one time their company van was unusable for several weeks because corporate wasn't sending funds for new tires. When the time comes for my folks to go into assisted living I will do everything in my power to convince them to go somewhere else. I would venture to guess that you will never find the elders of the people that run this place living here. In my opinion they should be ashamed of themselves.

May 08, 2015

By Rosario1

Bonaventure is a very clean, nice place, and the apartments are very nice. I picked this one for my friend because the place was welcoming, the people were happy, the older community was happy, the people that were helping them out looked happy, the space was spacious, and it didn't feel like an assisted living or a nursing home; it felt more like a hotel, it was very nice, and the most important thing was that everybody looked happy and content to be there. As a matter of fact, I am placing another elderly friend there too. It is really a wonderful group of people that really like the elderly, and the people are happy and well cared for. It is spacious, and it doesn't seem confined. In some years, I hope I have the resources to also go to Bonaventure. My friend is hard of hearing, and she is 96, so she goes to her lunches and dinner, and she likes to keep all by herself, but the opportunity to do a variety of things is there -- from cultural things to games to physical therapy to whatever -- so I cannot complain. I don't have one complain yet, and she has been there for two months. They take care of everything -- they have doctors; they have everything -- so it's complete. Out of the five that I visited, this was the best.

July 21, 2014

By RosieBlum

My mother lives here and I would not recommend this facility. She complains about the food, but more importantly, they have made mistakes regarding her care that I am uncomfortable with. They need better processes; things seem chaotic.

April 11, 2014

Bonaventure is a beautiful facility. The room is fine. The staff is very good. However, we are not really happy here, and I will not recommend it. They should improve on the food.

Independent Living Reviews for Bonaventure of Castle Rock

February 09, 2017

By Brent3

Bonaventure of Castle Rock was very nice, and the staff was very good. The only reason I did not go there was because I would be farther from my kids. The rooms were big and nice.

December 09, 2016

By Grossfood

Nice facility but the food is AWEFUL. Turnover with employees is another concern.

July 08, 2016

By Darlene378637

Mom is doing well at Bonaventure of Castle Rock. It has a nice atmosphere, and her apartment is lovely. She is really enjoying it there because it is spacious and has a nice view. The food is not excellent but pretty good. I think it's a lovely place. It feels more like a hotel resort with a very homey feeling rather than a senior community. It has lovely decor, and the activities are well planned.

October 04, 2015

My father-in-law is at Bonaventure of Castle Rock. The facility is very updated and new. The staff members are OK. They seem to be very helpful and knowledgeable. They do have activities. They go on bus tours to different places. They have bingo, cards, and Wii bowling. However, they need to improve on training their staff.

October 22, 2014

Mom used to be at Bonaventure of Castle Rock. It's a really nice place, and it's almost brand new. She had a really nice room, and the cost wasn’t really that bad. My mom is not really a social person, but I did notice that they have happy hour. They have a whole bunch of stuff like cards and games. They have people also coming in for entertainment.

August 02, 2014

By Caring daughter number 2

If you care about your loved one, go somewhere else. Beyond a very nice building the place is a wreck. Multiple food safety violations, chefs stay less than TWO months on average, most menu items are poorly prepared or never available. Turn-over of employees is rampant we could go on and on. This July, 2014 top management made more promises about food quality and chef again left after two weeks. Top mgt refuses to meet with groups of concerned families.

July 08, 2014

By JonathanR

I lived here long enough to grow tired of the same poor food quality day in and day out. They would promise change but it was all lip service. There was one manager who was very good but spoke his mind and was summarily fired by Bonaventure. If the employees cannot be "bonaventurized" they are fired. I spoke with the chef who confided in me that they are not allowed to order the good quality food - rather they are forced to order the chewy leftovers that no reputable restaurant would serve. If food is important, stay far far away

March 04, 2014

By telegraph

This facility is in trouble. Beautiful building but they cannot keep a manager or Chef for long.The food is not very good. Housekeeping is terrible. Never judge a book by it's cover.

August 22, 2013

By caring0808131

Bonaventure is a new place. My sister heard about it, we looked at it, liked it and they had an opening so my folks moved there.

Costs for Bonaventure of Castle Rock

Photos of Bonaventure of Castle Rock

Services and Amenities of Bonaventure of Castle Rock

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• Licenses: 23U333

About Bonaventure of Castle Rock

At Bonaventure Senior Living, we believe in personalized caregiving. Our retirement community offers a variety of care levels as we continue our commitment to honoring the diversity of our residents. Whether you or your loved one desires more independent living or is in need of more advanced memory care, we’re here to provide just that!

Our Independent, Assisted, and Memory Care Options

At Bonaventure, we offer Living & Care options tailored to the individual needs and desires of seniors and their families at all ages and stages of retired life. We strive to facilitate dignified adaptation to challenging changes and make the pursuit of rewarding new experiences in a safe environment possible.

Independent Living

Equipped with balconies, full kitchens and other practical features that help enable an active, independent lifestyle, our Retirement Living option is designed for flexibility …affording as-needed access to any or all of our residential services, right from the start or later on.

Assisted Living

Our Assisted Living and Retirement Living apartments share many facilities and common areas. As a result, residents who require the additional services included in the Assisted Living option are in no way excluded from Bonaventure’s vibrant community life.

Memory Care

Bonaventure’s “Here and Now” approach to memory care upholds our belief that the life experience of our residents is a legacy to be honored and treasured. We strive to meet all of our resident's current needs in a way that gives dignity and purpose to each day.

Located in the upscale Meadows neighborhood, Bonaventure of Castle Rock is a premier retirement, assisted living, and memory care community. Nestled near the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and just a short drive from Denver, our campus offers easy access to shopping, medical centers, and numerous parks and trails. You’ll find a dedicated staff, amazing amenities, and numerous activities for residents to enjoy.

Map of Bonaventure of Castle Rock