Brookdale Meridian Arvada

Reviews of Brookdale Meridian Arvada

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Meridian Arvada

February 10, 2015

By jeanne8451

Meridian Arvada is pretty much the same as the others. It has one-bedroom apartments for seniors with one bathroom, living room, and a kitchen. They're very nice.

June 26, 2014

I had a very nice visit at The Meridian Arvada. The facility is very nice, as well as the room. The staff are very welcoming.

December 26, 2013

My mother and father-in-law have been in The Meridian for two months now. They can eat anytime they want, they can get whatever is on the menu at any time, the food was very good. They don't have to be seated with all the other people. It's a beautiful facility, newer than the other ones that I looked at. It's a 1-bedroom and we finally got them down to about $4000 a month. It was a little bit higher than we would have wanted but they still worked with the Veterans program but it's certainly expensive. The room has a kitchenette. They have wonderful staff, very nice people. The clients can walk anywhere and the park there is just beautiful. They have exercise activities everyday. They have yoga, tai chi and some sort of physical activity everyday, then they have organized outings to go to the casino.

December 13, 2013

I think Meridian is a fairly new facility and building are very nicely done. The interior had a very pleasant look. The place is clean. The surroundings had open grass where it went up a hill so there wasn’t much ground. It had a fence. The staff were great and they were able to call me back and followed up. I had the impression that people were older than I was so I didn’t go further with looking at the facility.

June 12, 2013

By Nancy64772650

The place is very clean. We went there and it seemed very comfortable. All of the patients that I spoke were very happy to be there. They have different activities for everybody. All of the staff members from the front desk down to the orderlies were very friendly. They were so willing to work with you no matter what stage the parents/residents are in. I'm very happy with our tour at the Meridian.

May 21, 2013

By JerryT

I've been a resident at The Meridian Arvada for about 2 months now; and I couldn't be more pleased. I looked around quite a bit before here and none of them could compare to here both in price and excellent staff and friendly residents. It has a homey feeling that you won't find anywhere else. So if you're still looking for a place to stay, stop wasting your time and come to The Meridian Arvada.

May 18, 2013

By rmartin60

The Meridian Arvada deserves a 5 star rating and more. The staff is friendly and always helpful, the food is wonderful, and there are always activities that interest me both in the community as well as outside activities. I love the fact that if I want to have lunch at 3 pm I can. I didn't like the fact that many other communities have set dining hours and I have to eat on their schedule and not mine. The apartments are large, have plenty of storage, and I have a wonderful view of the park and creek. It is very peaceful.

May 14, 2013

By JudyR35

”Friendly helpful staff” –“ Delicious food!” – These were my son and daughter’s first impressions when they visited Meridian Arvada and enjoyed a Sunday brunch. They also had a tour of the public areas, and noticed how clean and well-maintained the rooms were. And then, on the basis of what they said, I moved cross-country and rented one of the apartments they viewed! They were right. Meridian Arvada is classy and well maintained. The meals are terrific, and the apartment I rented is lovely, and both are just what I wanted and needed for the next part of my life’s journey.

Questions about Brookdale Meridian Arvada

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Brookdale Meridian Arvada. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our average age is 83. We have a great mix of active residents and leisurely residents. We have an amazing chef, so a favorite thing to do is eat, we also have a lot of bridge players in our community and residents who look forward to our weekly happy hour.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We have shopping and dining within walking distance. We back to the Ralston Creek trail where residents can enjoy a stroll or people watch. We are close to three recreation centers and a golf course.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Brookdale Meridian Arvada has organized?

We go out to lunch every Friday. We go to the movie theater regularly and we just went to a show at the Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities.

What transportation services does Brookdale Meridian Arvada offer to independent living residents?

We offer free transportation anywhere within a 5 mile radius. We also have a driver on Sundays to get our residents out to church.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Meridian Arvada exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our Chef has been with this community for over 9 years and he is exceptional. We offer three meals a day, breakfast is a continental style, our lunch and dinner menus offer three chef specials to choose from. We also offer an “Always available menu,” with options as well. Our dining room is open from 7am-7pm, so residents can get a hot meal anytime. We always offer healthy options, meals with low sodium and sugar free desserts. Every Sunday we have a huge brunch with breakfast and lunch choices, as well as an action station where residents can have a personalized omelet or waffle made right in front of them.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a bistro right as you enter our community with coffee, juices, and water always available. Every day at 2pm residents can grab a fresh baked cookie or a piece of fresh fruit. Our inviting living room is a great place to grab a book and cozy up next to the fireplace. Residents can play a game of pool or catch the Bronco game in our game room. We have a fitness center with equipment and weights, a available common space utilized by families for parties, and another open space used for most exercise classes and crafts.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Meridian Arvada offer to independent living residents?

All residents are offered a pendant, because we are IL we do not require them to be worn, but it is definitely encouraged. Pull cords are in every apartment bathroom and all public bathrooms. We do gave staff 24 hours, someone is available to tend to an emergency overnight.

If Brookdale Meridian Arvada accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community. We back to a park that our pets love to explore and we have a great trail around the building to keep them active.

Does Brookdale Meridian Arvada work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have Personalized Living available to our residents who require a little extra help. Most of our residents have continued to see their personal physicians, but we can recommend locations nearby if needed. Any outside agency is welcome in our community.

Photos of Brookdale Meridian Arvada

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Meridian Arvada

• Housing Extra: 1 Br W/Den

• Dining Extra: All Residents Have Full Kitchens, New Cabinetry And Countertops, Walk Out Balconies

• Coffee Shop
  • Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Weekly Housekeeping, Covered Parking Garages, Carports, Backs Up To Ralston Cove Park With Walking Trails And Nearby Shopping, Arvada Center And Olde Town Arvada

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Pharma

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class, Thursday Afternoon Happy Hour!

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Guidance Extra: Brookdale Concierge Services Through Elderlife

• Staff Patient Ratio: 7 To 1

• Licenses: Colorado

About Brookdale Meridian Arvada

Brookdale Meridian Arvada provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Our Meridian Towncar and Van takes residents to area churches, parish and synagogue each Sunday morning.

Map of Brookdale Meridian Arvada