Solstice Senior Living at Santa Rosa

Offers Independent Living

3585 Round Barn Blvd, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Solstice Senior Living at Santa Rosa (844) 325-8230
PROMOTION! 16 days

Please contact the community for move-in incentive packages available this month!

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Santa Rosa

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Santa Rosa

March 22, 2016

By Brian40

Vineyard Commons is a very nice community with nice staff, rooms, dining and common areas, and amenities.

December 20, 2015

By Walter25

I visited Vineyard Commons. There was practically no one around, because they were on a field trip. The community was very attractive, and was made on the side of the hill. It was very nice and seemed to have a lot of parking, and that was good. The staff was very nice. It was empty, so it seemed more an institution than a home.

December 16, 2015

By Cathy P

The Vineyard Commons seemed homey and friendly. The dining area was really nice, and they offer parking and weekly housekeeping. They take the residents weekly to shopping. There’s Bible study, and we met people with common background. The ratio of couples was good.

August 11, 2015

There are a lot of activities, a lot of people around doing things, and wonderful staff. Everybody came out and greeted us. We had lunch there, and the food was pretty good. It was convenient to where we live so we can go visit my mother-in-law. They have a tour bus that takes them around to different shopping experiences, and it seemed pretty active. She has her own apartment with a little kitchen, and they have a common dining area where everyone goes down and have dinner and lunch. She likes Vineyard Commons, and she is very happy there. They have musicians that come in and perform, they play games, and they have an exercise room. The rooms have little patios and more of a view.

August 11, 2015

My friend is at Vineyard Commons, and she is very happy. I like the warmth of the people. Everybody is just wonderful. The dining area is fabulous. It is like being on a cruise ship. One thing that is nice is that they have a staff that lives on site.

June 29, 2015

We stayed there for two days at Vineyard Commons, and we liked it. They were very nice to us, and we enjoyed the food. The person who was in charge with us was very gracious. She was like a mother to us and did her job extraordinarily well. The room that we are in wasn’t well appointed with furnitures, but that was OK. We were glad that they gave us a free bed.

June 27, 2015

By Linda107761650

Everybody was very friendly, it was very nice and clean, and the room was large. The only negative thing I have to say about Vineyard Commons, which I didn't realize, was that the meals were not served to the room, and my mother-in-law -- although she is independent -- doesn't speak well. She would have to go to the dining room to eat, and she doesn't like doing that because if people talked to her, she can't respond. She would have preferred having meals in her room. And because of that, family members have been taking food to her because there is a little kitchenette, so even though she is paying for meals, she is not utilizing that. I believe the food is good. She's been there for two months, and she hasn't communicated with me because we can't really talk on the telephone. I was going out of town, so that is why she is there. It is temporary, and she probably either will be going to her own apartment -- if she found one -- or she'll be coming back to stay with me. It was a temporary move, and everybody was very gracious. They clean the room and do her laundry once a week. She has everything I would like.

June 15, 2015

By Will8

I have eaten twice at Vineyard Commons, and I think the food is pretty good. The apartments are actually quite spacious. The staff seems very friendly. It appears to be very secure. I have not seen anything I have not liked about it yet.

March 17, 2015

By Beau1

We actually placed my mother-in-law in a facility. It is called Vineyard Commons. We chose this one because of the amenities that it offered, and there were a lot of things. It has the combination of both, not only the care but the independent living and stuff, so it seems like a good fit for what needs my mother-in-law has. I absolutely recommend them to others. There are so many different bearings of activities either between cards, games, movie nights, and excursions. They do weekly excursions where they take the residents there, and they go on a tour. It has been something that my mother-in-law has really enjoyed because the social aspect of senior living center that she has there is something that she direly needed. It brings her out. It makes them more of a community like doing the different activities that they have.

November 27, 2014

By Anna17

Vineyard Commons was affordable. I was disappointed that they didn't replace the carpet, but my dad took it anyway because he could afford it and was into it. He has a studio, and they have all private rooms there. He plays games, they have a movie night every night, and they have music. They teach music lessons there, they have singing, and they have an entertainment director who does different things like activities, arts and crafts, and outings. I actually ate there today, and the food is good. They have a bachelor's lounge, a dog walk, walking trails, covered parking, and open parking. The staff is very helpful actually; they have been great. They include three meals a day and all the utilities. He just pays one fee, and it is the lowest in town.

May 14, 2013

I live in Vineyard Commons. It's quite good, actually. It's up on the hills in a very nice area. We're surrounded with quite a bit of open space with nice trees, horses and we have our own vineyard. They have very good efficient staff. They treat us well. The place is clean. We have three meals a day that a chef prepares. We have a big salad bar and we have the salad bar for both lunch and dinner.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Santa Rosa

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at Santa Rosa. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Life at Solstice at Santa Rosa starts with a vibrant, welcoming and warm environment that is coupled with exceptional and supportive staff. Our residents are inspired, challenged, social, connected and adventurous each day with our daily activities and signature program they are a part of. Weather they are exploring museums, gardens, state parks, going to Bodega Bay for the day or staying on the property for the vibrant activities.... they stay as active as they chose.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Each week we visit places such as the Armstrong Redwoods State Park, Jack London State Park, a variety of museums, wineries, many restaurants throughout area. They have their choice of many different shopping areas, parks and the ocean which is only 40 minutes away.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at Santa Rosa has organized?

A local winery opened their doors early so our residents could have a private wine tasting. A luncheon followed afterwards. They also love old book stores and galleries.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Santa Rosa offer to independent living residents?

Our town car and bus take our residents to doctors appointments, shopping and outings each week.

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Santa Rosa exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

With our restaurant style dining, our chef creates a menu that focuses on residents and regional favorites. Chef Nate has a "Food for thought meeting" each month that promotes open communication between the residents and the culinary team to enhance the community's dining program.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have areas our residents can enjoy many different programs and events. Our library has a very large movie screen for the nightly films, the exercise room is large enough to line dance each Saturday as well as a small work out room on our ground floor. The commons lounge has 5 round tables to play cards/dominoes or any other game. It also is a great room for a private party. There is also a craft room for painting and much more. Our front area has a piano and is large enough to move many chairs around for the sing along we have each Wednesday at our social, and of course we have a lovely private dining room that is used a lot of private dinners and parties.

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Santa Rosa offer to independent living residents?

Each of our residents is given a "Great Call" personal safety device when they move in. This pendent does not require a landline. It is light weight, GPS patented, waterproof and has speaker within the unit.

If Solstice Senior Living at Santa Rosa accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We love our animals. We realize animals are a big part of anyone's lives. We except dogs and cats and have a lovely big walking area around our property as well as close walking paths just off our property.

Does Solstice Senior Living at Santa Rosa work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have five care agencies throughout our community whom we see on a daily basis. We also have a chiropractor that sees residents each Wednesday and the podiatrist sees patients every other month.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Santa Rosa

Photos of Solstice Senior Living at Santa Rosa

Services and Amenities of Solstice Senior Living at Santa Rosa

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

• About Solstice Senior Living at Santa Rosa

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Santa Rosa