Marymount Villa

Reviews of Marymount Villa

Assisted Living Reviews for Marymount Villa

July 06, 2015

By Diane109424750

I have visited Marymount Villa, and this is definitely where my mother-in-law is in. It is very small. She is on the psychiatric floor, so she needs very special attention. The care seems to be fine. They all knew her. I think the food is excellent. I was impressed with it.

July 04, 2015

We visited Marymount Villa. The staff was very nice and very informative. Their activities were great. They had karaoke and music. The facility itself was more like an apartment building in a city. So, the rooms were not very nice. They were very dated, not well set up, and somewhat small. I was sure that somebody could make it their own, but it seemed very dated. However, the dining room was lovely. It was very well done. They had a great menu. For somebody who grew up in the city or who wanted an apartment style setting, that would definitely be the location for them. They also had a beautiful balcony. My father wasn't into the activities that they were mostly into, and he didn't like the apartment settings. It was a nice facility, but I would definitely say that the room needed work.

May 17, 2015

Marymount was very nice, the people were nice, and the food was good. The apartment was probably 6x6 in size. They have tai-chi and group meetings. The reason I chose Marymount is because they have independent and assisted living.

Thank you for the wonderful words. Our apartments are actually much larger than 6x6. They are approximately 400sqft with private bathroom. We do have many different activities that range from physical exercises to arts and crafts. We would love for families to come tour with is to see all that we can offer.

May 06, 2015

By Caring106219850

What I like about Marymount Villa is that it's close to many things. It's close to the bus station so I can get around in the area here, the shops that I can go to, and the restaurants. The staff does a good job in taking care of me as well as people with disabilities. The room that I have is a fairly good size. I have my bed and my TV. Their dining room is nice with murals on the wall, but it would be nicer if they have a chef although the food is pretty good. They have some activities as well. The bad thing about it is that I am mentally competent, and most people that are going to assisted living don’t communicate so there is nobody to talk to. They can improve on answering the call button more efficiently.

February 19, 2015

Marymount Villa has very nice staff. They did have activities, and they are really nice as well. I didn't taste the food though. It was clean, and it was very friendly. The rooms are very spacious. I only got to see the shared room, and it was OK. It was very clean and accommodating. They have a very beautiful garden too.

February 17, 2015

My mom was at Marymount Villa. It was adequate and was the only one that I could afford, unfortunately. The bedside staff was nice. The room was nice. They were going to bring in a nightstand and a dresser before she moved in, and they would hang a picture. There was a move in cost of $2,000.00, but when we arrived, none of that had been done, so I was not happy with that because they were not ready when she arrived even though they had days to do that and pushed her to come earlier than later. When we did arrive, no one met us or greeted us. They were just like "Oh, go up there," and I was unhappy with that as well. When I was working out her meds, they said, "Just go up to the med nurse." I didn't know where the med nurse was. I thought that the director or whoever should have met us and made sure that everything was in line with her medication and that her room was ready. So, the reception, in my opinion, was really lacking. However, I liked that it was close to home. It seemed to be relatively clean. The care partners came up and introduced themselves to me and my mom. So, that part was good. I thought the care partners were good. They did negotiate with me the costs -- that was a huge plus -- and my big negative was they didn't appear to be ready for her even though they pushed for an earlier arrival.

September 30, 2014

By Helen99638750

The rooms were of really nice size at Marymount Villa. It gave you an opportunity to be away from home, but mom was able to bring some of her items and felt like she was at home. The staff was very nice and I like that they have 24/hour staff. Everybody there is very friendly. The facility is very clean. They offer activities. They have a calendar where they do certain things, but I can't remember the specifics. I really feel that it is a great facility. It also was the most affordable one.

May 31, 2013

By Clyd

Marymount Villa was excellent. Everything was very, very clean. The people there seem to be very attentive. Everything I saw looked like it's in pristine condition. The rooms were fine and the eating facility was fine. I was very pleased with the management.

July 21, 2011

By DrJames'Corner

I've referred many clients to Marymount, which offers assisted living with memory care. They also have hospice on site. The staff is well qualified, professional, welcoming, warm. They're well trained in hospitality--and those in memory care are well trained and have many years experience. They don't have much turnover at all--which is very good. It's located in San Leandro, in an upscale setting close to BASRT and AC Transit. It's also just 10 minutes from the Oakland Airport. The facility is state of the art: modern, upscale apartments that are new and well kept and with nice views of the Bay and garden areas. The social services department at Marymount provides activities 7 days a week. And their wellness program includes both PT and OT. It's also pet friendly, and the food is good--three meals and snacks (but not much choice).

Memory Care Reviews for Marymount Villa

Costs for Marymount Villa

Photos of Marymount Villa

Services and Amenities of Marymount Villa

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $3500

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About Marymount Villa

At Marymount Villa, we believe everyone can find meaning and joy in life, even when they need a little help with daily living. We offer independent, assisted living, respite and hospice care.

Marymount Villa offers a gracious setting and well-appointed décor with state-of-the-art amenities. We offer a wide range of personal care options which includes a custom tailor care-plan, short-term respite and hospice care.

SERVICES: Marymount Villa Retirement Center offers the following services and amenities:

• Medication Management and Pharmacy Prescription Services

Month to Month Rental Rates Include:

• Apartments Rentals
  • Scheduled transportation to shopping & appointments
  • All Utilities, except phone, cable & internet
  • Weekly housekeeping including linen laundry service
  • Three delicious meals daily with unlimited snacks

Community Activities:

Seniors who choose to live in a Retirement Community enjoy a lifestyle with assistance tailored to meet their individual needs. Marymount Villa offers residents an environment in which they can remain as independent as possible, within a supportive structure providing healthy meals, housekeeping and laundry services, as well as life enriching social and wellness activities designed to offer a healthier and more rewarding life.

Our trained and tenured staff are here to serve the many differing needs of our residents, promoting creative thinking and learning with patience, kindness and above all, compassion. We are committed to making these precious years fulfilling and enjoyable. And we will do this through our passionate pursuit of excellent care and service.

Map of Marymount Villa