Landmark Villa Hayward, CA

Reviews of Landmark Villa

Assisted Living Reviews for Landmark Villa

October 31, 2019

By P.D.

My father was a resident of Landmark Villa at Hayward, and he was there for 24/7 care. The care he received was wonderful. They bent-over backwards particularly because his medications were something that had to be given on a consistent basis several times a day, so they made sure he got his medication. One of the medical assistants stayed with him until he passed, and she stayed with him until Stanford came to get him. It was only like 40 minutes, but to me that's huge. He had a bedroom, a shared bath, and a shared kitchen. The dining room looked very attractive, and they gave lots of options as far as eating availability. There were lots of staff members that were always around to help assist pushing or helping residents get to meals or to other things they wanted to do. They had a nice little library, a pleasant outdoors area, an area where they showed movies, there's a pet bunny rabbit that my dad enjoyed watching when he was able. My dad was on level 6 of care which added to fees. Luckily, compared to other locations it's a great value. The cost was reasonable, and the location was so convenient. That was the number one thing that got us looking closely at this community. The one thing they could do was that they don't have airconditioning and they should.

February 19, 2019

By Hortencia

My visit to Landmark Villa was very good. The staff was great, friendly, and they take care of the residents there. They show a lot of love. The location isn't hard to find, and the place is clean. It's close to shopping centers and not too far from a hospital. The apartments are good and spacious. They get their privacy. The place was the best one I've seen.

June 12, 2018

By Quinn

I chose Landmark Villa for my brother because I liked the people there. Caroline who does the admissions was really nice, helpful, and caring, as well as Diane the director. It's really clean, bright, spacious, and if I had to be in assisted living, I would live there. My brother has no complaints about the food, and they always have something going on when I go there. They have been consistent with the level of care and support.

May 10, 2017

By Karen512363

I am doing very well and am happy with Landmark Villa. I chose it because it is near my son's house and they have the amenities that I want. They serve us meals and do our laundry. They have recreation, safety checks, outside facilities like the garden, allow pets, and have reasonable fees.

Thank you for a wonderful review Karen. We are happy you selected our Community to be your new home. As always, if you need anything, we are here to help.

April 05, 2017

By Peggy420445

Landmark Villa was very nice, clean, and didn't smell bad. If we had the money, we would put my mom there. The people running it seemed nice. There was an assortment of activities that they could do.

October 27, 2014

I went for a visit at Landmark Villa, and the living area was laid out well. They have a nice floor plan for just one person, and the entrance when you first come in it is small, but very well lit. Most of the staff that I met was very nice.

July 29, 2014

By LovelyLady0000078

Everybody at Landmark Villa seems to love the food. It is clean and doesn't smell. The staff is really friendly and helpful; if you needed something they are always there. My friend's room is really spacious and clean. They have housekeeping that comes in and takes care of it.

January 30, 2014

My wife and I are current residents of Landmark Villa. It's a nice facility. Its environment is fine. Residents here are great. We have a two-bedroom apartment with a kitchen. Our apartment is just fine. This facility offers different activities. The activity director would try to get us out of our room. However, we just don't participate in any of their activities. I looked around and a lot of people don't participate because they're kind of like not into it. Food is okay. However, because I'm diabetic with high blood pressure, there's a lot of things I can't eat in this place. The caregivers in this facility are superb; however, they don't have enough people. They try to make do with what they have. They're stretching everybody out; they can only spend little time with the residents. What they promised, they can't produce with the people that they have. They don't have enough people to manage this facility. I'm 78 years old and I don't want to move anymore. I'm tired of moving. I'm okay with this facility but my wife is not happy here. She is not used to this type of thing.

August 20, 2012

By Lakmert123

I was surprised to find that it was larger and more spacious than the pictures led on. Overall, the facility was clean and very organized. It wasn't hard to navigate around and the staff is nice an friendly. I was visiting a relative who has been in the facility for about 6 months now. The place gives off a loving and warm feeling and the workers seem generous with their time and patience.

February 29, 2012

My father is a current resident. It appears to be clean. But, the atmosphere is very dreary. They just installed on the 2nd & 3rd floor an industrial gray carpet that is just too dark. The Lighting is too low and dark. It is very dreary there. It is tough to see in there for my father and some of the residents. They need brighter surrounding so the residents can see well. I researched 5 other places. This place had the best price. The sales staff and caretakers were all present. It'd be really nice to improve the food and the ding room service. The sound of crashing dishes thrown into a bin and staff who are snotty about about seating isn't going over well with Dad. I suggest that they employ a higher quality Med staff or at least people that are more qualified to administer medication. It's better than having him living on his own. I try to stay on top of them.

June 01, 2011

By ClinicalSocialWorker5

Other

This assisted living facility is plainer and more basic than many of the others in the area"”and the building is a bit run-down. It's located in a so-so area that doesn't offer any particularly nice scenery or picturesque views. There is an outside area available for residents to use. One drawback is that while residents are encouraged to sit out in the lobby, they are then basically left unattended, without much for them to do. A few basic activities are offered, such as singing performances by outsiders, and dancing is occasionally provided, which some residents seem to enjoy. There are some outings offered, but fewer than at most other facilities. Another drawback is that while some staff members do seem to care about the residents, most of them are not particularly well-trained. The cost is lower than for other assisted living facilities in the area"”in the range of $2,500 to $3,000 per month. Landmark Villa does accept residents who have memory impairments, but there is no specific dementia unit within the facility.

Questions about Landmark Villa

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Landmark Villa. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Age range from 65 to 104. Socializing and outings are the most favorites

What programs or activities does Landmark Villa offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our Activities Committee reviews and changes activities and outings on a monthly basis based on interest.

What places are near Landmark Villa or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Next door Shopping Center, $99 Store, food, nail and hair salon, Big Lots

What transportation services does Landmark Villa offer to assisted living residents?

We offer scheduled transportation within 10 miles for shopping, banking, outings and doctors appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Landmark Villa exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

A variety of selection and eggs are always cook to order for breakfast. Lunch and Dinner are a 4 Course meal. Soup is always Homemade and we bake our own dinner roles and breads. Meals are made from scratch, no salt cooking but lots of herbs and spices to fill the void. Desserts are made in-house, Sugar-Free desserts are always available.

What safety features or security measures does Landmark Villa offer to assisted living residents?

Staff are present 24 hours a day. Security monitor in our hallways. Front door locked at dusk. All residents have keys to enter after hours.

How does Landmark Villa keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our Care program is Top Notch. For new residents, we assess upon move in and 30 days afterward. A Care Plan is formed and discuss with families. We offer, Preventative Care Maintenance, Safety Checks, Incontinence Care, Oxygen Checks and Pet Care (so your little buddy can stay with you).

If Landmark Villa accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, Landmark Villa is Pet Friendly. Visit us and meet our house dog, Rocky. Dogs should not exceed 25 lbs, must be potty trained. Cats must be trained to use litter box. Birds are allowed also. We require documentations to show proof that your pet are up to date with all vaccinations. Our back Courtyard is completely fenced so your little buddy can run around and get his/her exercise without a leash. Leash is required throughout the building. If you are unable to provide care for your little buddy, don't worry, we offer a Pet Care Program to do that for you.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Variety of training are provide for all staff on a monthly basis.

What safety features or security measures does Landmark Villa provide to protect residents who wander?

Landmark Villa does not have a Memory Care, so we are not a good fit for someone that wanders.

Costs for Landmark Villa

• Hindi
  • Spanish
  • Tagalog

About Landmark Villa

Landmark Villa has been serving seniors and their families, since 1986, by providing compassionate care in a safe environment. We promote Independence & Quality of Life by providing daily activities, socializing, entertainment and day outings. The Team at Landmark Villa will assist you through the process of choosing the right option for you and your family. Our Care Plan is customized accordingly to the individuals needs. Our basic rent does include meals, house keeping, etc.

Here at Landmark Villa, we continually strive to engage our residents with good food, social events and other activities to foster a community like atmosphere where friendships are formed.

Map of Landmark Villa