Carlton Senior Living San Leandro

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

1000 E 14Th Street, San Leandro, CA 94577
Carlton Senior Living San Leandro (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Carlton Senior Living San Leandro

Assisted Living Reviews for Carlton Senior Living San Leandro

January 05, 2018

By Leonard

I'm going to put my mom into Carlton Senior Living San Leandro next month. The rooms were nice. They showed me a small studio and a large studio. They're far bigger than the other places I visited, especially for the price. Everything was nice. They have a whole program that is just right for my mother compared to other places. They have games, Bingo, concerts, and programs. They serve three meals a day. They have an area where the residents can come and have snacks. They will transport my mom to her appointments. They also have a beauty salon. It was very nice. They have a lot of good things right there. The staff was very informative, very professional, and very consistent. I loved how they treated me versus everywhere else.

December 15, 2016

By Happy Visitor146431

When you first walked in to Carlton Senior Living San Leandro, it had a resort-y feel to it. This place was much larger and busier. They have lots of activities going on and lots of people moving around. The rooms were reasonable, but to me, it felt like a hotel room. The dining area looked interesting. They have a little area on the side where you can get coffee and ice cream. It was set up like a coffee bar and very nice. They have a nice sitting area in the front.

November 29, 2016

By Rozalynn

Carlton Senior Living San Leandro has excellent variety and very well prepared good food. There is a very good cook in that place. I think the expense is well worth it because of the service, the food, and the care. Mom is in a shared room in the memory care, but it's OK. It was a bit small, but it has large windows and lots of space to put things up to make it feel like home. The place has beautiful furniture and a good layout. It is open enough for them to feel that they're not trapped. It has all kinds of different spaces for different things. It is very nice, and I like it. There's no problem that they don't talk over with me. They're very hands-on, and the staff is very loving.

July 14, 2016

By Janice B.

My mom has been at Carlton Senior Living San Leandro for two months. During my brief time with them, they were very attentive to my mother. They always call me if they have a question and let me know when she needs personal things that I usually bring there. They are only five minutes away from my house. She doesn’t swallow as well with the medicine, so they asked me first, then called the doctor and got an order from him to smash up the medicine. They are doing what they’re supposed to do very well and she likes it there. She has a roommate in the memory care section, so they’re always with her. The food is delicious. They have their own patio on their side. They bring them over daily to the assisted living side when they have activities there, like music or someone coming in to play the piano or entertainment. Every Wednesday, the memory care section goes out in a van for a scenic tour. They keep them busy with arts and crafts and different things. I’m going to my first event there called the Candlelight Black and White Dinner that they do that in the memory section every three months.

June 30, 2016

By Steve208837

Carlton Senior Living San Leandro is a nice place, centrally located, and seems like a good fit. We've seen some of the studio rooms and some of them were kind of small. They have one-bedrooms also, but I don't think there were many of them. They were accommodating and provide three meals a day. You could go down any time to get something to eat if you want to. They have activities, movies, and things like that. It is a pretty nice environment.

December 16, 2015

By JCW1

Carlton Plaza of San Leandro is like a hotel. It did not attract me. It seemed more closed-in.

Thank you for taking time to leave a review for us. I am very sorry to hear that our community did not appeal to you. The vision for the community to is to bring the essence of a "cruise ship on land" by offering a wide array of activities, meals and snacks available throughout the day and a great place to meet new friends. We wish you the best in your search to find a community. If there is any way we can be a resource to you in the future, we are always happy to help.

October 19, 2015

By Jill S.

I did a tour Carlton Plaza of San Leandro, and it was beautiful. The place is very clean and well kept. The people who are staying there were very clean and they looked like they are having a really nice time. The staff knew everybody's name and everybody looked extremely comfortable. There were a lot of amenities for the residents. There is a little café for them that they can get snack at any time. They also have a beautiful central room where they could all watch TV or talk or read books. I was also thinking I would love to live there myself. I looked at 2-bedroom space that was empty at the time. It has air conditioning and it was very light and airy. It has windows that you could open. Their halls were extremely wide so that people can get by with their walkers or wheelchairs if they need to. I saw the dining room and it looked like a restaurant. It's really clean with beautiful tables and chairs.

June 01, 2011

By ClinicalSocialWorker5

Other

This assisted living facility is in a large and quite fancy building, near the downtown area"”and easy for visitors to get to, although not a super beautiful location. The food is good, but unremarkable. Nice atmosphere that feels welcoming because of the friendliness of the staff and attention given to the decor. The staff is well trained and friendly, and all of them seem to provide good care that is in tune with the residents' needs. They seem to be on top of things"”to know what to look for and how to interact with residents and assess their needs. There is also a social services staffer on hand for those who need that kind of care and attention. I would recommend it to those looking in that area because the residents are treated with dignity and seem to be genuinely cared about.

Independent Living Reviews for Carlton Senior Living San Leandro

June 29, 2015

By Sandra110614050

Carlton Plaza is very nice. It has two different areas for people who need 24 hour care and some people who can take care of themselves but live there. The staff was nice there, and the dining room area was very nice. I very impressed with it; it looked like a restaurant. They have a great menu, and you can even have dinner with your loved ones. They show movies, they have their own popcorn machine and singing, and there’s just so many things you can do there. Security is great. The rooms were adequate, and they had different size rooms for two people or smaller rooms for single persons. My friend there stayed for a month.

February 20, 2015

Carlton Plaza of San Leandro is very close to my job. I didn't taste the food, but I did get a tour. Their rooms are awesome. It is bigger, nice, and clean. The facility is great, but they didn't have Spanish speaking staff. They were friendly and very accommodating. They got back to me right away. They were awesome. They did have a lot of activities as well. The dining room is very nice and clean. The facility is very spacious, and it is very big.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Carlton Senior Living San Leandro

Memory Care Reviews for Carlton Senior Living San Leandro

Questions about Carlton Senior Living San Leandro

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Carlton Senior Living San Leandro. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our Independent and Assisted Living resident is 87. Many enjoy daily exercise classes and crafts.

What programs or activities does Carlton Senior Living San Leandro offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer both physical and mentally stimulating activities for our residents that are created around their individual interests and hobbies.

What transportation services does Carlton Senior Living San Leandro offer to assisted living residents?

We offer shuttle service daily to doctor appointments, shopping, churches, banking and errands.

What safety features or security measures does Carlton Senior Living San Leandro offer to assisted living residents?

Our chef is trained in many modalities and offers fresh, made from scratch specials daily.

How does Carlton Senior Living San Leandro keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Carlton has a unique position called a Resident Liaison who's primary responsibility is to communicate with family any change of condition or positive involvement of the resident.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Carlton Senior Living San Leandro during daytime and nighttime hours?

We do not have a staff-to-resident ratio as we provide care staff based on individual care plans that are created at time of move in by an assessment and updated at least twice a year or when there is a change ion condition like a hospital visit or a fall.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff receive on-going training that exceeds state requirements. We have training at our home office called Carlton University.

Costs for Carlton Senior Living San Leandro

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About Carlton Senior Living San Leandro

Carlton Senior Living San Leandro is a retirement community with a homey atmosphere that offers residents many opportunities to socialize with others and maintain their independence. Carlton Senior Living offers a variety of dining options, including restaurant-style dining services, a 24-hour cafe, and room service on request. They also offer various activities for residents to participate in. Carlton Senior Living San Leandro is an excellent choice for those who are looking for a comfortable lifestyle without any hassles.

Map of Carlton Senior Living San Leandro