Kearny Mesa Convalescent and Nursing Home

Reviews of Kearny Mesa Convalescent and Nursing Home

Nursing Home Reviews for Kearny Mesa Convalescent and Nursing Home

January 18, 2012

By Mission

One of us heard a doctor say that, "If I had to go to a convalescent hospital, this is the one I would choose." The nurses do treat those they care for with dignity and respect and care. They deserve gold medals. The patient who can speak and ambulate in a wheelchair can be happy here. I believe, for those who have difficulty speaking and ambulating, due to stroke, more is needed. In some cases, the sleeping quarters are quite narrow and small. Help to the bathroom is not available and diapers must be worn by the patient I know. It is my impression, that despite the good will, loving hearts and so on of the staff, some patients who are not lively and able to speak and get around, will feel left behind and left out. A CNA hired to give perhaps a full day or partial day's one-on-one care would be desirable to assist in that case. I would like to see a larger area for visitation and perhaps a walk-in bathtub for the residents. The bathing facilities look ancient and drab. Perhaps the patio could be enclosed or screened and made into a "sun room" with less wind and patients could enjoy benefits of Vitamin D from sunshine. I know so little about what could be done. The hallways are a little crowded for the wheelchairs. Dining room always stinks.

June 17, 2008

By Sheila Kessler

My loved one stayed here

My Mother has now been at Kearny Mesa for seven months. The loving care she has received is incredible. She has asked them to do many extras-bring her warm milk at night, rub her feet, rearrange her pillows- and the staff does so with grace. The nurses have been responses to changes in her health and have been good about notifying us. It is wonderful to have a facility we can trust. They are well staffed with nurses but slightly understaffed with CNA's-but they make up for it with the heart they put in the job.

Services and Amenities of Kearny Mesa Convalescent and Nursing Home

About Kearny Mesa Convalescent and Nursing Home

Kearny Mesa Convalescent and Nursing Home is a senior living provider in San Diego, California that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Kearny Mesa Convalescent and Nursing Home for more details on services and rates.

Map of Kearny Mesa Convalescent and Nursing Home