Holiday Valencia Commons

Reviews of Holiday Valencia Commons

Independent Living Reviews for Holiday Valencia Commons

May 12, 2021

By Nancy

My mother likes Valencia Commons. It's beautiful, it's been fixed up really nicely, it has a nice view, and it's modern. They could sign us up to get the vaccine at their facility if we wanted. They were really personable. The apartments were really beautiful. It was a little more on the pricy side, but it was nice, and they treated us very well. They did what they could to get us in there. If we were going to find a place, that's the place mom says she wanted to go back to. We had a good lunch. They fed us turkey with mashed potatoes, vegetables, and some cherry cake, and it was good. They had a beauty salon and all the different places, and they take everybody to outings and things like that.

October 15, 2020

By Gregory

I did an in-person tour at Valencia Commons at Rancho, Cucamonga. It was great but it was just out of our price range. The staff is very warm and very welcoming. Rooms were adequate. The buildings were traditional.

September 23, 2020

By Barbara

Valencia Commons was very clean and not smelly. They offer meals, there's housekeeping, linen services, they have someone there to care for you 24/7 if you need it, there's a security alert, and a button or pull cord in the room. There are physical, mental, and social activities, and they have transportation to doctors and other scheduled appointments.

December 24, 2019

By Glenn

The apartments at Valencia Commons were small and didn't have a kitchen, just a microwave and a sink. They were nice people, and you don't have to pay any money down to get in. The staff was fine. I saw them loading up a bunch of people to go some place. It was a clean and well-maintained facility and they were operating it properly.

May 20, 2019

By Sue

My mother has been living at Valencia Commons for a year. She is in independent living but she gets minor assistance. The people who run the place, Stuart and Gary, are very helpful. All the caregivers are wonderful. The food is good. She loves it there. She has help with her apartment in cleaning and doing some laundry. Everybody is really nice and very helpful. My mom has an apartment with an efficiency kitchen, one bedroom, one bath, and a balcony. They have lots of other options like studios, 2-bedrooms, and all kinds of apartment. They're fed three times a day and there's always snacks, coffee, and juice. They have a movie usually once a day, and they serve popcorn. They have beanbag baseball which my mom participates in. They also have Bingo, and excursions if you want to go.

July 17, 2018

By JC

Valencia Commons is better than the other ones I have visited. The place is quiet and nicely decorated. It is not too big and not too small either. It is one of the places I would consider. They have good support staff. The staff who assisted me was very helpful.

August 21, 2017

By Joe

Valencia Commons was a very nice place and I liked the location. The studios were very nice, and above what I expected to see. The people were very nice. The dining area was very nice and everything was first class. The residents there seemed to be very happy.

Hi Joe, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience for both guests and residents, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out!

February 23, 2017

By Regina054122

Valencia Commons is beautiful, the people are very helpful, and the rooms are very nice, with new carpet and new paint. The staff offered us something to eat and drink, and the lady who took us on a tour was very nice and has given me a lot of information. They have a lot of activities going on, and it's in a beautiful area too.

Hi Regina054122, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Valencia Commons. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you. Have a great day!

November 22, 2016

By Dawna024384

Valencia Commons was a very nice facility. They had a lot of activities scheduled like bingo. They had a library and a little gym. They offered them transportation to places.

October 13, 2016

By Randy511047

Valencia Commons was a nice facility, but expensive. I only saw one room, and it was a studio room. I didn’t really see any amenities. They did have a big dining hall where they had different activities in that room. The person who gave me a tour was personable and provided the information about the facility. I didn’t like the way they did their fees. They had a room rate, and then on top of that, whatever other services were needed, were extra charges and handled by a different organization that could provide different care. All you would pay Valencia Commons is rent for the room, but to get other services, you have to contract these other agencies. I didn’t really care for that.

September 30, 2016

By Verneater

I loved Valencia Commons, but it's too expensive for us. The facility and the rooms are very nice. The dining room is very nice, and the menu is very nice and very inviting to someone who doesn't really eat and everything was just great. They have a theater room, and I think I even saw a chapel area. I saw what looked like an exercise room and a game room. They have a kitchen area where you could go and warm up something if you wanted to. The people are very nice, and the residents looked like they were very happy, contented, pleasant, and looked like they knew they were in a good place. I know that the guy was telling me that it's about $2600 a month, but when I got there, they were talking about $3200 or $3400, so there was a difference in that.

June 23, 2016

By Selma237187

Valencia Commons was very nice, and my brother really liked it. He thought they would be able to care for him when he went there. They really made my brother feel welcome.

June 17, 2016

By Kathryn042308

I liked everything about Valencia Commons. It was the nicest community I’ve been in. First of all, I liked the manager. He greeted us as soon as we walked in through the door and was a very enthusiastic and absolutely wonderful person. The place was decorated beautifully and had a comfortable feeling when you walk in. The staff greet you and were enthusiastic and happy. They had different activities, like exercises and evening programs where you can learn about traveling to different countries. They had a chapel, a beauty parlor where people get trimmed, and a beautiful atrium where people could talk. Their dining room was very nice.

May 24, 2016

By Tina338084

Valencia Commons is very active. The seniors seem very happy there. It’s a larger community in a good neighborhood. They have a park right across the street and veterans activities. Their staff is dressed casually, so it does not have an institutional feel because their staff doesn’t dress up in uniform. It is very casual but very attentive. They have a reading room, a library, a little weight room, a pool table, lots of activities, and transportation to nearby appointmens. It seemed like a very well-run facility.

April 06, 2016

By Van4

Valencia Commons was very nice and accommodating in taking care of what you need. It had a family atmosphere and had days where they will take residents to doctors' appointments with a shuttle service there.

March 08, 2016

By George T.1

Valencia Commons was really nice, but it is an independent living facility and mom needs an assisted living facility. The staff was great, and Elizabeth, the marketer, was great. I almost signed the papers. They have what they call guardian angels who can assist the residents if needed, but the cost is not included in price. They have a great location quite near hospitals.

November 30, 2015

By anonymous117201450

Valencia Commons was pretty good. The rooms weren’t set up the way we wanted. They had microwave and a little hot plate or something. The dining area looked OK. The staff that worked with us and gave us the tour was outstanding.

November 09, 2015

I am very happy that I am in Valencia Commons. It's a very good, well-kept, and extremely clean facility. They have caregivers that come in when you call them. Overall, the staff is wonderful. The amenities that we have are very good, like a chapel, beauty shop, small gym, and community room. We have lots of activities, too.

May 23, 2015

By Maria44

I liked the place. As soon as I went in, people were smiling and socializing. It's an open building where everybody can see each other. They have a really big dining place, they have a chef, and it is really clean and pearly. They have beautiful aisles and everything that a person will need when they are walking. They have seats and places where they can hold on to the wall for support. They have beautiful pictures all over; they have it decorated prettily. The staff was really nice, down-to-earth, and friendly. My husband is going to be at Valencia Commons. We just found this place, and it is really close to my house.

January 17, 2015

I like the Valencia because the dining room is huge and open, it's a different kind of atmosphere, and it didn't feel like a tight bunch of old people there. It didn't say assisted living, although they said my mother could be there, and we just hire somebody and pay extra to assist her if she needs somebody to get her dressed or whatever. The staff were very nice, and I didn't have any issues with them. It's within 5 to 10 minutes from family members, and if they would pick her up, they could take her to a park. They have games, transportation, and a little exercise room, and the location is close to stores. They have a lady that is cutting people's hair, and that's nice for my mother because she is very vain. They have a podiatrist that comes in many times a month. The rooms were very nice. I really would prefer her being there. I went there twice, and the second time I took my mother. I liked the fact that they had a place where if she got up during the night and wanted to go get coffee or donuts at 11:00 or 12:00, it's always there.

January 12, 2015

By Martin13

Valencia Commons is very excellent, and they have a good staff. They gave us a tour, and it was very good. The food was nutritious.

August 26, 2014

By Marty7

My mother really likes Valencia Commons. It's the one where she thinks she would fit in the most. It was priced reasonably and she likes the fact that it has a lot of variety of rooms when family comes to visit. They had a pool table room; they had a TV room. They had a library; they had a little chapel. She really liked that. She felt like it was more homey. The staff was very accommodating, very nice and they answered all our questions.

July 20, 2014

By Marye1

Everything about Valencia Commons was very good, but it is not in my reach. It costs so much that I cannot figure out any way that I could live there. The rooms were very nice. The staff was very nice, very helpful, and informative. The food was very good. They had many activities. I loved their location; it was beautiful. I think everything is very commendable, but the one thing that stood out for me was the amount that they charge for living there, and I couldn't afford it. They are a very high visibility place, and I love it there. I've been there several times, and the girl that usually meets me and takes me to anything that was going on there is very, very nice. She called me up and told me that they were lowering the price, but that still didn't give me enough that I could afford it. So I just had to thank them very much. It is wonderful that they lowered it, but it still isn't anything I can afford. I think it is just a marvelous place to live, but it is very expensive. It has a very nice atmosphere. I don't even know if I have words to explain how pleasant and nice it is.

May 27, 2014

By Barbara85628350

Valencia Commons is a beautiful facility, and it’s very nice. They change managers a lot though. The staff is very good with the elderly. My parents had a one-bedroom apartment, which was very nice. It was on the bottom floor, it had a patio and a back door that went out to the nice yard that went to the car port. It’s just perfect. They offer activities, but not many seniors do them.

September 13, 2013

By daughter18

Valencia Commons is a very nice facility. The staff who took me on a tour was very nice. It was a very good facility; however it was independent. It wasn't going to give my dad the services that I think he needed. It was also much more expensive.

January 11, 2012

By AmiR4663

This is one of over 300 communities owned and managed by Holiday Retirement; they allow up to a week's stay for free at any of their other facilities nationwide. It's nicely landscaped and located next door to a city park. My guide was very friendly and asked lots of questions about my dad. She made sure to stress the flat fees; no extra fees to worry about like pet deposits or extra help. The apartments are spacious and very clean; weekly housekeeping is offered. They have a small kitchenette and a private entrance. They've thought about safety by placing plenty of emergency pulls throughout. All of the staff I encountered made a point to say hello and they knew the residents' names. The dining is restaurant style with a varied menu prepared by the resident chef. Residents were being served in their rooms because of a stomach flu quarantine. I'd definitely consider this facility.

Questions about Holiday Valencia Commons

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Holiday Valencia Commons. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Holiday Valencia Commons offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Holiday Valencia Commons exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Holiday Valencia Commons offer to independent living residents?

If Holiday Valencia Commons accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Holiday Valencia Commons work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Holiday Valencia Commons

Photos of Holiday Valencia Commons

Services and Amenities of Holiday Valencia Commons

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Holiday Valencia Commons

Valencia Commons is located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Valencia Commons for a visit...and stay!

*We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Holiday by Atria does not provide any health care services. However, residents are welcome to receive services from any outside home health care provider of their choice to help them continue enjoying life at our community.

Map of Holiday Valencia Commons