Lakewood Gardens

Reviews of Lakewood Gardens

Memory Care Reviews for Lakewood Gardens

April 01, 2013

By 412013

My mother recently passed away. She had lived a Lakewood Garfens for over three years. It was always clean. They were always baking cookies or bread and the building always smelled good. My Mom was never bored--she loved playing ball with the nerf hoops and loved holding the puppies. At the end, she enjoyed the sensory stimulation of the smells and touch. The staff was awesome and very attentive. They were very persistent in reaching the doctor and actually identified some problems that we, the family, would have missed. I would recommend Lakewood Gardens to anyone looking for an Alzhiemer's center.

March 29, 2013

By Elizabeth James

This place is dirty and smells like urine. The caregivers are really nice but the administrator is mean to her staff, she treats them so badly they are scared of her. The scary part is the administrator and her assistance jeanie(who speaks English very badly) think they are doctors and interfere with pts care at time

March 26, 2013

By 9227

Lakewood Gardens is just five minutes from my house. It is a dementia and Alzheimer's facility, and they will do respite care for anyone and for whenever you need it. The people there are exceptionally nice and very caring. It's not quite as modern but it's not subpar at all. The food is good, too. I took my daughter there and she was extremely pleased with it. It's all private pay, but very affordable. I would recommend this facility.

September 23, 2011

I have visited this facility many times and am most impressed with it. It is a secured, assisted living facility for Alzheimer's/Dementia patients. They have wander guard on the door, resident's wear bracelets and the alarm will go off - if a patient trys to get out. It is clean and decorated tastefully. The Administrator is very nice and demonstrates a compassionate attitude toward the resident's. I attended a family BBQ Hawaiian Luau there and all the staff were dressed in Luau attire as well as the families/resident's. It was so fun, a very uplifting experience for everyone. They have a baby nursery set up for the resident's to rock/nuture baby dolls - feed and dress them. They have a laundry/chore room where resident's can fold/separate laundry - will a mock iron/ironing board. The down side to this facility is that it is on a buysy boulevard which can be noisy. There is a nice shopping center accross the street with restaurants as well. I would highly recommend this facility.
See all Memory Care reviews (12) See fewer reviews

Costs for Lakewood Gardens

Photos of Lakewood Gardens

Services and Amenities of Lakewood Gardens

• Housing Extra: Furnished Private And Semi Private Rooms

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 197606651

About Lakewood Gardens

Lakewood Gardens specializes in caring for individuals with Alzheimer's and other related Dementias by providing your loved one with a safe and cheerful environment designed to ensure their comfort. Tenderness and compassion along with specialized assistance and supervision are provided 24-hours a day by sensitive, professional staff and secure, supportive surroundings.

Lakewood Gardens encourages and empowers its residents to regain and / or maintain their emotional, physical and social skills.

We provide a structured program of assistance from a network of community professionals, and through planned activities by a professional and caring staff.

Features / Amenities

• Alzheimer's Focused Activity Program & Entertainment
  • Secured Environment (Wander Alert System) with Delayed Egress Protection
  • Spacious Furnished Private and Semi-Private Rooms
  • Private Bathrooms - Walk-in Showers with Safety Bars
  • Delicious Meals & Snacks (Special Diets Accommodated)
  • Scheduled Transportation with Companion

• Feeding Assistance
  • Grooming Assistance
  • Hygiene Items
  • Incontinency Care

Lakewood Gardens offers many activities and services to meet the individual needs of our residents.

Map of Lakewood Gardens